Author Topic: Revised Marvel's agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..  (Read 7904 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Revised Marvel's agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
« Reply #30 on: 12 March 2018, 13:48:11 »
If they do end it at the end of this current season, how do you Want it to end?
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #31 on: 12 March 2018, 14:13:41 »
Colson was the driving force behind the series. It started with him, it should end with him, and all the other characters scatter, meet their end, or whatever.

How it ends with him won't matter so much. He could be forced into retirement. He could die, yet again. Maybe the team sees a bunch of name casualties and Colson is left in grief mode.

I don't know. I would honestly like to see him revealed to Stark or Cap or some of the Avengers for once, while he's alive.

Actually, that would be a good way to end it. This was done in secret because Fury wanted him alive, but the Avengers in the dark. The secret ends when it's out of the bag that Colson's alive.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #32 on: 12 March 2018, 14:41:37 »
It would be nice to see him back on the big screen with the Avengers, but yeah I tend to agree as both a character and the actor himself he is the glue holding the show together and I don't see it going on without him.

In more general terms mostly I am just tired of this cycle of SHIELD legitimizing itself and making itself the good guys then something happening that people start thinking they are the bad guys.  So by the finale I want the cycle ended with SHIELD being legitimate good guys.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #33 on: 12 March 2018, 15:03:08 »
While the whole earth shattered thing is interesting, I'm assuming all will be fixed & fine given the future of the MCU & all the other TV shows.

It would be nice to see SHIELD reset to doing what shield does & being a bigger organization than just Colson's team like it should be.

Not sure why MCU & Shield are drifting apart, so many ways for the characters to tackle the stuff we see in the movies but in a smaller but more covered closely scale.

I think they keep trying to cover different problems lately but having the team support the action of the movies seems far more in keeping the feeling of the show going.

While main stars aren't likely to cross over for cost/contract reasons, I think they have missed chances for lesser characters to appear like they did with Sif.

The Librarian in Dr. Strange for example, would have been perfect when dealing w/ Ghost Rider.

Going forward with the Tech Exchange, Many of the members of the Black Panther cast would be great cross over appearances with Shield being on the global stage so much of the time.

And as mentioned, given the short seasons for all the Netflix-Defenders shows the options for crossovers there seem obvious & the actors schedules seem like they should be open for opportunities.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #34 on: 12 March 2018, 15:05:39 »
If they do end it at the end of this current season, how do you Want it to end?

<Kosh>  In fire.  </Kosh>

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 12 March 2018, 22:58:01 »
I don't know. I would honestly like to see him revealed to Stark or Cap or some of the Avengers for once, while he's alive.

With Phil and co all being on the most wanted list, i can't really see how the avengers CAN'T know he is alive already..

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 03 April 2018, 01:42:33 »
Wow, so we are onto ep 15, and i am somewhat liking the whole angle they are going..
So since Zeke is the grand son of Fits and Simmons, they feel they are now invincible, just like Yo Yo does, though i am not certain any of them are.
Hydra is back, but in a different manner, and man did the general get a 'bum' rap, for her posting.  Though it was nice to see whitehall again, even if only in a flashback.
And Man, is talbot a tough bugger..  Surviving that head shot?!?!?!

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 03 April 2018, 05:24:57 »

And Man, is talbot a tough bugger..  Surviving that head shot?!?!?!

Well, it didn't hit the right spot...Especially after he moved the spot ;)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 09 April 2018, 01:35:37 »
So, another ep down, and i am getting irked with the whole "well we make it to the future, so we must be invincible' of Fitz/simmons and yo yo..  BUT i loved the whole Phil/Talbot and Creel's side action...

Kentares

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #39 on: 09 April 2018, 21:13:51 »
...BUT i loved the whole Phil/Talbot and Creel's side action...

Yeah... the jokes about Talbot inner voice were very funny.
Star Wars ST and Star Trek current shows are crap.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #40 on: 09 April 2018, 22:03:59 »
I thought the joke about getting practice or whatever for dying was pretty good.

For all the invincible thing, her faking that she had the acid was pretty good- nice misdirection.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #41 on: 09 April 2018, 23:28:52 »
I thought the joke about getting practice or whatever for dying was pretty good.

For all the invincible thing, her faking that she had the acid was pretty good- nice misdirection.

It was, but i really think that all 3 of them will have MASSIVE trust issues from Mac from here on out..  Especially Yo yo..

Lazarus Jaguar

• Captain
  • Stop! Hammer Time!
« Reply #42 on: 04 May 2018, 05:40:52 »
Just curious, does the ending of Infinity War affect the show?

Maybe they'll save that for the finale?
You know, I love that every day in Japan is like a very peaceful game of RIFTs. - MadCapellan

around here, April Fools day is Serious! Business!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 04 May 2018, 14:23:40 »
From the way it has been recently, i am not sure they are tied anymore..

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #44 on: 04 May 2018, 20:47:11 »
From the way it has been recently, i am not sure they are tied anymore..
Looks like they answered that tonight.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #45 on: 04 May 2018, 21:59:21 »
I'd say they did.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/04/agents-of-shiels-recap-season-5-episode-20-thanos-avengers/

And depending on how they time the rest of the season, it could all follow over the same next few hours, so...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

hoosierhick

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 04 May 2018, 22:05:18 »
Wasn't there also a line last week between Daisy and someone along the lines of "Have you seen what's going on in New York?"  I haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but it looks like from the last couple of posts they do reference IW.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #47 on: 04 May 2018, 22:46:50 »
OUCH..  I guess i got to watch it tomorrow (was watching Hawaii five0). 
And i wonder, if its CAUSE talbot demands the 'other gravitonium" that causes the earth to shatter??

qc mech3

• Lieutenant
  • Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays. C'est l'hiver.
« Reply #48 on: 04 May 2018, 23:11:47 »
I would say yes.

This season is really like season 1, slow in the beginning till it get to the point with a movie tie-in. And now we saw a possible outcome if Thanos win. Shattered earth because of Talbot.  :o :popcorn: :laughing_skull:

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 05 May 2018, 15:46:09 »
Oooh. A good way to go with this, since the next movie to tackle this wrinkle in time is years (in-universe) distant. We get to see how things would potentially progress.

A neat thing. And, not only that, but while Agents are dealing with the destruction of Earth, Earth's Mightiest Heroes are dealing with the countering the Infinity War events. That actually means two dead-end timelines at the same time.

However - it would be really neat if they did use the Agents solution to Earth to also be a key in resolving the Infinity War outcome.

Still wish more was done between them and the Defenders characters, in either case.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #50 on: 05 May 2018, 23:11:50 »
It would be sweet to see a shield/defenders crossing..

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #51 on: 06 May 2018, 00:47:38 »
However - it would be really neat if they did use the Agents solution to Earth to also be a key in resolving the Infinity War outcome.

That's almost certainly not going to happen.  The movie scripts are written several years in advance, while the shows are written and filmed more like a few months in advance.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 06 May 2018, 10:24:49 »
That's almost certainly not going to happen.  The movie scripts are written several years in advance, while the shows are written and filmed more like a few months in advance.

Seemed like Agents might have been included in that planning, knowing in advance where the movies are going, then. The writing for a single episode doesn't happen the week of its filming, after all. There's a writing process beforehand.

It wouldn't surprise me if the show was in mind when they mapped out the MCU progression.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #53 on: 06 May 2018, 11:18:40 »
That does not fit at all with the way the MCU has been progressing.  Notice how there have been zero references to the Kree or Inhumans?

TV shows aren't written the week of, but they're not written seasons in advance, either, and that's what they'd need in order to have the movies tie in with them.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #54 on: 06 May 2018, 11:25:37 »
That does not fit at all with the way the MCU has been progressing.  Notice how there have been zero references to the Kree or Inhumans?

TV shows aren't written the week of, but they're not written seasons in advance, either, and that's what they'd need in order to have the movies tie in with them.
didn't we get references to Kree in Guardians of the Galaxy?
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 06 May 2018, 11:28:23 »

Some have done that...*cough*Babylon 5*cough*.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #56 on: 06 May 2018, 11:44:38 »
Yondu is a Kree Battleslave, says so himself.  Xandar was fighting the Kree.

Inhumans haven't come up in the movies but none of the movies really seem to need to include them even as a background detail.

So overall it mostly seems the movies spill into the show more than the show spills into the movies but that is fine.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #57 on: 06 May 2018, 14:08:29 »
Yondu is a Kree Battleslave, says so himself.  Xandar was fighting the Kree.
And Ronan the Accuser himself was a Kree, and he'll be back in Captain Marvel.  So yeah, the MCU definitely has its giant warsmurfs.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #58 on: 06 May 2018, 15:03:29 »
I was thinking more in regards to their actions on Earth: nobody at Peter's school mentions Inhumans or other metahuman activity, like that black dude in Harlem who's immune to bullets.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 06 May 2018, 15:12:34 »

And avengers 2 + capt 3 did mention the 'enhanced'..

Register