Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition  (Read 152010 times)

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 5, Green Eyeshade Edition
« Reply #1110 on: 10 February 2020, 09:15:18 »
I managed to survive the Wave One PM without adding anymore money. Wasn't sure I was going to make it or not. The temptations were getting stronger and stronger the closer the deadline came. Only went 25$ over. Granted, my pledge was pretty high to begin with. Still, I survived.

Now if I can just survive when the PM reopens for Wave Two...
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1111 on: 10 February 2020, 09:45:27 »
At some point, you simply have to stop with all the buybacks. If you can get credit for everything, you can get more credit than the actual pledge cost. They had to draw the line somewhere.

Sure, but you’re looking at distributing more than have potentially ever been produced

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1112 on: 10 February 2020, 10:25:39 »
Sure, but you’re looking at distributing more than have potentially ever been produced

Which is probably true for almost all items in the KS.
They have never before produced that Mani miniatures, or dice, or shirts or anything ... New territory, alln9fnit.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1113 on: 10 February 2020, 10:53:05 »
They have never before produced that Mani miniatures, or dice, or shirts or anything ... New territory, alln9fnit.

The drinking started between the first & second sentences?

This might indeed be the most swag ever produced, and the nice bit is that its not all going to be at Cons to get the endless 'why isn't this available to everyone' line.  In retrospective the 2018 GenCon thread gets funny.

I expect my next state Con to have . . . at least a half-dozen shirts showing off Battletech and will definitely let us ramp up BT's presence.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1114 on: 10 February 2020, 11:16:05 »
The drinking started between the first & second sentences?

Autocorrect on the phone and two small children running around, trying to kill each other, actually. Didn't really look what I was typing  ;D

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1115 on: 10 February 2020, 14:51:50 »

It's a good thing that the manufacturer of that particular item has known for over six months that they would need to deliver significant quantities that item, then.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1116 on: 10 February 2020, 16:52:17 »
I wonder how big the run of Kickstarter exclusive Clan Invasion boxes will end up being?

And how many years (if ever) it will take the retail version to surpass it.
I have spoken.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1117 on: 10 February 2020, 17:27:21 »

all produced by subcontractors accustomed to this level of scale (except the mechs maybe, but that's why we're here in the first place).

i'm not going to belabor the point any further as it was more an idle question than anything

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #1118 on: 10 February 2020, 17:34:21 »
all produced by subcontractors accustomed to this level of scale (except the mechs maybe, but that's why we're here in the first place).

i'm not going to belabor the point any further as it was more an idle question than anything

It's a valid point, though. But I think Scotty is right and I hope IWM used the time to start pre production.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1119 on: 10 February 2020, 19:34:49 »
Autocorrect on the phone and two small children running around, trying to kill each other, actually. Didn't really look what I was typing  ;D

So ... Different process, same result?  :D
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Finlos

• Sergeant
« Reply #1120 on: 10 February 2020, 20:08:02 »
It's a valid point, though. But I think Scotty is right and I hope IWM used the time to start pre production.

I also hope so.  I can only imagine how many mechs $4M (latest number I'm aware of from CrowdOx) will buy...

(Yes, I know it isn't all going to mechs, but still...)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #1121 on: 11 February 2020, 02:08:34 »
I'd love to know which 'Mech choices were the second most popular after the Urbie.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #1122 on: 11 February 2020, 05:34:32 »
I'd love to know which 'Mech choices were the second most popular after the Urbie.

I made my selections with an eye towards painting up the rosters from the old FASA scenario packs, so Phoenix Hawks, Archers, Marauders, Wasps and Stingers were in heavy demand.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1123 on: 11 February 2020, 08:31:11 »
Being wave 1 I would think the Marauder and Warhammer packs get the largest print followed by the Crusader.

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1124 on: 11 February 2020, 09:42:58 »
I made my selections with an eye towards painting up the rosters from the old FASA scenario packs, so Phoenix Hawks, Archers, Marauders, Wasps and Stingers were in heavy demand.

I looked through my old books and decided to paint up Sorensen's Sabres. It helps that I have an old Phoenix Hawk LAM that sat unpainted for nearly 30 years. I've thought about doing the Fox's Teeth, Black Widow Company, and Rolling Thunder, but those would have to wait. I already have plans to paint up several other units, ones I created.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1125 on: 11 February 2020, 09:50:23 »
Being wave 1 I would think the Marauder and Warhammer packs get the largest print followed by the Crusader.

yeah the nuSeen (especially the heavies) should do big numbers. with most pledges at or above the star commander level (plus all the multi-pledge folks), the box's star might get one of the biggest print runs

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1126 on: 11 February 2020, 10:39:45 »
Yeah, I agree . . . the Warhammer & Marauder boxes by far . . . IF the Timber Wolf had been in a star box instead of the CI Box it might have given them a run.  The Heavy Striker Star I would expect to be the most popular Clan box- Gargoyle (true Wolf fans), Hellbringer (crazy Falcons), Mad Dog (Bears & Jags), Ice Ferret and Viper- with the two heavies being the biggest draw and the Mad Dog having a lot of video game and MWDA exposure.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1127 on: 11 February 2020, 11:27:50 »
Yeah, I agree . . . the Warhammer & Marauder boxes by far . . . IF the Timber Wolf had been in a star box instead of the CI Box it might have given them a run.  The Heavy Striker Star I would expect to be the most popular Clan box- Gargoyle (true Wolf fans), Hellbringer (crazy Falcons), Mad Dog (Bears & Jags), Ice Ferret and Viper- with the two heavies being the biggest draw and the Mad Dog having a lot of video game and MWDA exposure.

The Clan Invasion mechs are available separately from the box, as a star, for the same price as other star packs. I agree with you that Heavy Striker Star would probably be the most popular Clan star. If you wanted an another Timber Wolf and/or a Dire Wolf, you have a Legendary Mechwarriors pack with both, no need to go for another CI star or a Command star.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1128 on: 11 February 2020, 11:45:13 »
I'm thinking the Heavy Star might do the best with the Behemoth, Supernova and Warhammer, Marauder and Hunchback IICs.   :drool:
I have spoken.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1129 on: 11 February 2020, 11:52:21 »
I went with all IS/C* packs, because I figure on using them to build out a merc unit.  I’ll still have some clan units, from the CI Mechs and salvage boxes, but I can either make a small clan unit as well, or just say my unit salvaged some clantech/bought them from the Foxes, depending on the era I decide on.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Yu Kigono

• Private
« Reply #1130 on: 11 February 2020, 16:12:28 »
So on the pledge manager I upped my pledge to Star Colonel level. I should be getting one of the character surveys yes? But I have not yet gotten one, whom should I contact about this?

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1131 on: 11 February 2020, 16:50:54 »
So on the pledge manager I upped my pledge to Star Colonel level. I should be getting one of the character surveys yes? But I have not yet gotten one, whom should I contact about this?

Most people who upgraded to Star Colonel after the pledge manager opened have not gotten their character surveys, if they upgraded in November.

I PM’ed Catalyst through Kickstarter’s PM interface (by replying to the messages they sent with links to digital content, way back when) and got a link to my survey within a couple of days.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #1132 on: 11 February 2020, 17:02:04 »

I imagine the C* L2's were popular just for the 6th mech free.

Myself I went with 4 from each of the unit sizes w/ the 5th star from the boxed set & the Urbie being extras.

My own choices were all about getting mechs that I didn't own or that I owned very few of.  (which was hard to find since I easily own a regiment of IS & cluster+ of clan mechs.)

Stuff like the Raven, BlackJack, Bushwacker, & Cataphract were high on my list for IS lances.

For the clan stars I picked up SuperNova, Mad-II, Piranha & several others that I don't own already.

The C*/SLDF level 2's were also great since I only own about 1/2 the 2750 TRO mechs.   Adding King Crab, Mongoose, Lancelot, Sentinel, & Black Knight to my collection is nice.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

WoolyMammoth

• Private
« Reply #1133 on: 11 February 2020, 17:02:18 »
I think I grabbed 2 of all the wave 1 packs. Plus a few extra Urbies.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1134 on: 11 February 2020, 17:44:33 »
I am planning on using my old SLDF minis like a old Black Knight, Exterminator, King Crab, etc as ComStar/Star League while the new King Crab, Black Knight, etc being post-3050 designs.  It certainly does not hurt that the current metal minis are already based white.
Colt Ward

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1135 on: 11 February 2020, 17:51:42 »
I'm thinking the Heavy Star might do the best with the Behemoth, Supernova and Warhammer, Marauder and Hunchback IICs.   :drool:

Noticed the other day that they went with Behemoth.  What happened to Stone Rhino?

Also probably going to get the 1st C* pack when manager reopens.  Right now getting the one with Highlander and Black Knight ... kinda want the Flashman!
« Last Edit: 11 February 2020, 17:53:21 by Wolf72 »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1136 on: 11 February 2020, 18:20:08 »
Noticed the other day that they went with Behemoth.  What happened to Stone Rhino?
Uh, it is the same mech, just different name?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #1137 on: 11 February 2020, 18:25:17 »
Every other Clan mech is listed under its Inner Sphere reporting name, why shouldn't the Behemoth be?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1138 on: 11 February 2020, 18:31:51 »
Every other Clan mech is listed under its Inner Sphere reporting name, why shouldn't the Behemoth be?
Actually, if we're talking about Star packs, they use Clan names. Making Behemoth odd one out.

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1139 on: 11 February 2020, 18:56:06 »
Uh, it is the same mech, just different name?

Well, I know that ... I should have been more specific.  Why did they not use Stone Rhino.

Actually, if we're talking about Star packs, they use Clan names. Making Behemoth odd one out.

Yeah, that statement is what I should have posted, or something of that variation.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2020, 18:58:25 by Wolf72 »

Register