Author Topic: Unseen artwork in avatar?  (Read 1334 times)

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
Unseen artwork in avatar?
« on: 30 October 2011, 18:30:15 »
I have a question that one of the moderators may be able to resolve:

I know that it is legal to display an Unseen 'Mech in your avatar for this website.

I would like to know if it is possible to display someone who looks like a character from Robotech in your avatar?

[I have been thinking about creating artwork in Photoshop that shows my character Scott Alexander, who resembles Scott Bernard of Robotech, saluting in front of a Federated Commonwealth insignia. :D]

Please respond to this post at your next convenience.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Unseen artwork in avatar?
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2011, 22:43:40 »
As far as I can tell, there are no restrictions on use of any characters from fiction, unless they break forum rules (including rule 13. People have been asked to change excessively perky or challenging avatars).

Can't see a problem here.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register