Author Topic: A question for all Magestry player  (Read 3440 times)

imperator

• Warrant Officer
A question for all Magestry player
« on: 11 April 2013, 14:57:02 »
Do they have a Geisha/ "Firefly" style companion job?  With the same high status?
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: A question for all Magestry player
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2013, 16:19:40 »
Nothing has been explicitly mentioned, but there would be no legal hurdles.

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2013, 16:21:45 »
Since it is almost a national pastime for seduction and sex....I would say to some level probably. Afterall there IS the Pleasure Ciurcuses right? and the idea of the Companion, was generated from the Geisha and several far eastern ideals.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2013, 23:56:06 »
In a word.....YES!. They are known for having appropriate ladies  or men to take care of you }:)p }:)l nomatter your station in life.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2013, 05:05:13 »
Not the formalized position comparable to a companions as shown in Firefly, but they have various careers that cover different aspects of the "companion" career.  However, they likely have Geishas to cater to those interested in employing them.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2013, 05:10:01 by Archangel »
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

imperator

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2013, 06:35:13 »
Alright.  I'm thinking about an ex companion from the Magistracy as an NPC officer.  STill has the Training, Status, and contacts, but is serving as a MechW.arrior
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2013, 18:25:19 »
Alright.  I'm thinking about an ex companion from the Magistracy as an NPC officer.  STill has the Training, Status, and contacts, but is serving as a MechW.arrior

Be funny if your force is getting ready for the final stand as a couple Lances of damaged Mechs, vs a Regiment of enemy Clantech, and then you hear this over the general frequency towards the enemy:
Canopian NPC: "General Richards, so good to see you again.  I remember you when you were just a lieutenant, it's good to see you have gotten up in the ranks, your performance must have really impressed someone.  I'm so proud of the size of your force, it's much bigger than what I expected."

As this is going on, you see the enemy force stop, and turn to look at the Superheavy Mech in the very center.  An encrypted comm occurs between the enemy commander and the CNPC, and within a couple minutes the whole enemy force just leaves.   :D

Isanova

• Lieutenant
  • There you are!
« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2013, 04:34:37 »
There isn't anything so formal as the Companion system in terms of training, reputation or regulation... but you could easily think up a national-level company that has such a highly respected reputation that their officially endorsed workers are considered a class above the rest. Let your mind run dirty wild  >:D

Can you imagine the people who would love to have a real, trained mechwarrior to lay with? They are a status above the rest in society most everywhere. Add in good looks and the backing of a reputable house of ill repute and you've a gold mine
« Last Edit: 23 April 2013, 04:36:43 by Isanova »
Freeborn and proud~

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2013, 10:09:55 »
 [copper]
Be mindful of how you reply to this thread everyone.

I wouldn't mind seeing some O5P character who is a MechWarrior, stationed in Canopus, but also trained in Companion arts searching for their target.
That would be a fun adventure hook.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 23 April 2013, 10:53:56 »
There isn't anything so formal as the Companion system in terms of training, reputation or regulation... but you could easily think up a national-level company that has such a highly respected reputation that their officially endorsed workers are considered a class above the rest. Let your mind run dirty wild  >:D

Can you imagine the people who would love to have a real, trained mechwarrior to lay with? They are a status above the rest in society most everywhere. Add in good looks and the backing of a reputable house of ill repute and you've a gold mine

I'd see the Magestrix doing something like this as a sort of finishing school for Mechwarriors.  The ones who didn't quite have the reflexes/skill/luck (their 2d6 or 3d6 roll had bad results) necessary to pilot a Mech, but still had to serve their country.  So their final years at the school are of a more non-combat training.  They are trained as a Mechwarrior, but they are not the best Mechwarriors who actually pilot the Mechs (those cost extra, either in C-Bills or in Reputation/Influence/Contacts/other).

So you have trained Mechwarriors, who know how to deal with people outside the Mech as well.  They just aren't as good as the other Mechwarriors.

As a bonus, you keep them coming in for one weekend a month, two weeks a year, and it forms a reserve of pilots.  Who knows, they might get a useful mindset to pilot a Mech.  If not, you can simply label them as non-combatants and get around the RotS limitations.

MOrab46019

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 10 July 2013, 05:04:22 »
If you look in One of Field Man:Merc I think there is character that runs a unit that is like the character you would like to make. The trouble that could come out of this her pass could cause her trouble. The way BT is like a person with this background lands a contract on planet that dosen't like ex lady of the night on their planet. That could be adventure keeping the pass the pass.

Offworlder

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 27 July 2013, 04:34:15 »
If you look in One of Field Man:Merc I think there is character that runs a unit that is like the character you would like to make. The trouble that could come out of this her pass could cause her trouble. The way BT is like a person with this background lands a contract on planet that dosen't like ex lady of the night on their planet. That could be adventure keeping the pass the pass.

Think its Grael's Grinders - they even served the Capellans.
Someone said that information is ammunition. Both are for sale at the nearest League outpost...and more!