Author Topic: Pathfinder PBP?  (Read 3443 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Pathfinder PBP?
« on: 03 August 2016, 14:58:37 »
Anybody want to pull something together on here?   I've played some PBP on Paizo's website, would love to pick up a game here with my CBT folks, if anybody's down.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Pathfinder PBP?
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2016, 15:52:46 »
Anybody want to pull something together on here?   I've played some PBP on Paizo's website, would love to pick up a game here with my CBT folks, if anybody's down.

I've also done some PBP on Paizo and thought about whether it could work here.  I'll be honest... I have my reservations.  A lack of a roll mechanic is one hurdle, but I feel my main concern is better left unsaid in public.

Of course, one could do some ATOW PBP roleplay over at paizo without the problems that exist here, but I suppose it'd be in poor taste to advertise such a game on CGL's forum.

An unrelated thought: look much into starfinder? It might be a neat rules engine to use (or plunder ideas from) for Battletech RP.  A never-ending project I've been working on is a d20 rules adaptation for BattleTech, using d20 modern.  I'll probably be starting over with Starfinder rather than convering pathfinder ideas backwards into 3.5 and then into BTU....
« Last Edit: 03 August 2016, 15:55:46 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Pathfinder PBP?
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2016, 17:55:42 »
Darn it, how did I miss this thread until now?  Oh, I know... I've been sucked into the "the RPG forum only shows as new because of the Hall" pattern.  I'm running a Pathfinder game over on Myth Weavers at the moment, and playing in another.  As Tai Dai Cultist mentions, lacking a die roller here (which I've asked the staff about before) is an obstacle.  I'd be more than willing to play with people from this board on Myth Weavers, though.  They have great forum mechanics.