Author Topic: Metal vs Plastic - Marauder and Regent plus bonus Mastadon Prime  (Read 1403 times)

Luciora

• Major
Comparison shots of the Regent, Marauder (plastic vs metal) and a assembled Mastadon

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Does the ppc projector lens (or whatever you want to call it...) of the metal marauder look extremely badly molded or is it just the picture?

Luciora

• Major
Hmm, you are right, there is a miscast on the right lip of both arms.  Just checked with a second one I have.  Its not as bad as this one, but may affect the lot.  I'll double check the remaining ones to verify.

Does the ppc projector lens (or whatever you want to call it...) of the metal marauder look extremely badly molded or is it just the picture?

MarauderD

• Major
Agreed, the Marauder's dorsal cannon looks AMAZING in metal, but those PPC's look very smudged.

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
What about the lower left leg? The detailing on it looks like "Yikes Batman, you look like a puma mauled you."

Luciora

• Major
There is slip on the legs.  I'm 3 marauders in out of 6.  I'm wondering if QC on them was rushed.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Metal vs Plastic - Marauder and Regent plus bonus Mastadon Prime
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2023, 15:11:15 »
Metal seems to support more greebles, but QC appears to be more important...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2023, 18:52:15 »
4th Marauder. Was able to magnetize the waist and the dorsal guns in anticipation of the variant pack.  Leg slip is still present, but the flash in the arms is alot better, not as bad as the first. 

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2023, 02:35:49 »
That Marauder looks a lot better. Too bad the the legs seem limited in posing. If it was able to do have some dynamic poses, I would get it for sure.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2023, 05:18:18 »
Looking good! :)

Register