Author Topic: Battle armor AP attacks  (Read 1390 times)

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
Battle armor AP attacks
« on: 26 February 2020, 15:07:32 »
Two questions regarding Battle Armor AP ability and weapons. I'm pretty sure i've gotten this right but i started doubting myself so figured it would be best to check.

1) Did i get this correct: AP ability counts as additional attack, treated as a ballistic rifle platoon (of appropriate size) under Total Warfare rules. For example, an Elemental point could attack with their main weapon, missiles, and with their AP weapon in one round, with AP weapon dealing 1 to 3 points of damage total (in 2 point damage groupings)?

2) Did i compute Mauser IIC damage correctly for an Elemental point?
Code: [Select]
Base range 3, leading to -1 to-hit modifier at range 0, 0 at range 1-3, +2 at range 4-6, +4 at range 7-9
Base damage:
5*1.37=6.85 rounded normally to 7
Average damage per trooper:
7/5=1.4
Final damage:
troopers damage calculation rounding normally
1 1 1*1.4=1.4≈1
2 3 2*1.4=2.8≈3
3 4 3*1.4=4.2≈4
4 6 4*1.4=5.6≈6
5 7 5*1.4=7≈7

If i did calculate this correctly, this would mean an Elemental point with AP Gauss Rifles (5*3), SRMs (5*2*2), and Mauser IICs (7) could deal up to 42 damage at 9 hexes. Evil bastards.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Battle armor AP attacks
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2020, 16:57:36 »
Its actually 5 SRM2s, but you roll IIRC on the 10 missile chart . . . and unless loaded with infernos or other AP munitions, suffer the same degradation as SRMs from mechs or tanks.

I have tried finding the rule (when I remember) and when the RS changed to display the standard AP weapon on BA that have them and that they will damage mechs/armor.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2020, 17:20:53 »
Its actually 5 SRM2s, but you roll IIRC on the 10 missile chart . . . and unless loaded with infernos or other AP munitions, suffer the same degradation as SRMs from mechs or tanks.
5 troopers, each firing 2 missiles (since they got SRM-2) that each deal 2 damage, for total of 20 damage from missiles at best. That was just theoretical total (and BA can't use other alt munitions than infernos).

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 26 February 2020, 17:40:22 »
5 troopers, each firing 2 missiles (since they got SRM-2) that each deal 2 damage, for total of 20 damage from missiles at best. That was just theoretical total (and BA can't use other alt munitions than infernos).

I think they can use a few, but not like the mech/veh SRMs- I would have to recheck that rule.  What got me is they could not use NARC equipped missiles . . . its all in the missile!  But I thought that missiles, like lasers and ACs had their damage rounded down- I do not have access to the chart to confirm it.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 26 February 2020, 18:03:18 »
I think they can use a few, but not like the mech/veh SRMs- I would have to recheck that rule.
Nope. MegaMek includes other ammo as unofficial option but none of the rulebooks alloy any but standard and infernos (and torpedoes and multipurpose missile but aquatic combat is not exactly common or relevant usually).

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2020, 21:15:59 »
Mauser IICs are 1.37 each...

So 1.37, 2.77, 4.14, 5.51 and then 6.88... rounding : 1, 3, 4, 6, 7

Also it's only .90 for Inferno gernades... meaning Fire base attacks so, .90 -1, 1.80 -2, 2.70 -3, 3.60 -4 and 4,54 -5 !

TT 

Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2020, 12:13:32 »
Nope. MegaMek includes other ammo as unofficial option but none of the rulebooks alloy any but standard and infernos (and torpedoes and multipurpose missile but aquatic combat is not exactly common or relevant usually).

Aware of that, b/c not packing NARC is silly IMO . . . but I want to say there is another option though I would have to check the book.
Colt Ward

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2020, 12:58:18 »
 Ah... but there's more than Standard and Inferno ammos... there is Multi-Purpose SRM.  Meant to fire above and below water.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016