Author Topic: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 7  (Read 184894 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion 7
« Reply #420 on: 25 June 2020, 19:36:46 »
They're talking Leviathans the game of Edwardian flying battleships - somewhere between steampunk & dieselpunk. But let's get this KS done first.

And I'd buy those BA in a flash!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #421 on: 25 June 2020, 19:48:35 »
They're talking Leviathans the game of Edwardian flying battleships - somewhere between steampunk & dieselpunk. But let's get this KS done first.

Thank you.  Was one of those days where nothing made sense. 
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Charlie 6

• Captain
« Reply #422 on: 27 June 2020, 06:31:44 »

I like the proofs in the latest update.

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #423 on: 27 June 2020, 07:19:48 »
I don't know what to think about the poses for certain mechs in the Heavy Striker Star update (Update 115) on the ks page. If you take a look at the picture of the mechs in the white box, the poses for the Hellbringer and Mad Dog are not as weird looking as in the Update 115. The poses in the white box are more eye pleasing.

And yet, Brent posted in the comment section of the Update 115 that the change in poses was done by Scroggins, when he gets bored of the "standard" poses.

My initial impression was that the minis shown in that update were shoddily assembled.

Two Guns Blazing

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #424 on: 27 June 2020, 07:33:46 »
I don't know what to think about the poses for certain mechs in the Heavy Striker Star update (Update 115) on the ks page. If you take a look at the picture of the mechs in the white box, the poses for the Hellbringer and Mad Dog are not as weird looking as in the Update 115. The poses in the white box are more eye pleasing.

And yet, Brent posted in the comment section of the Update 115 that the change in poses was done by Scroggins, when he gets bored of the "standard" poses.

My initial impression was that the minis shown in that update were shoddily assembled.

I agree that the pose of the Hellbringer in the white box in update #116 looks better, and I hope it is not just a "helpful photographic angle" that gives that impression, and it actually IS better...I hadn't checked update #115 since Brent posted...I'll pop over and check his comments out now...

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #425 on: 27 June 2020, 09:09:23 »
T-shirt pics FTW! ... as long as they're available from CGL store, I may be happier.  Going to have to space out how many/often I can get another.  Another plus is that except for one or two (not completely sold on Steiner or Shark ... wanted Sea Fox) shirts is that I like them a lot and won't mind picking up just about anything that's left over.

How about some alliteration for Saturday morning: If my allowance allows it, I will allot many shirts and have a lot! -- wow, that's worse than my normal dad puns.

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #426 on: 27 June 2020, 09:43:55 »
$500 will get you all the shirts up front!   ;D :)) 8)

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #427 on: 27 June 2020, 09:48:28 »
I need that panther. Like a company of them. In the future, will it be possible to buy individual mechs? I like the pursuit Lance from wave 2 but I only want the dragon from the heavy lance.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #428 on: 27 June 2020, 09:52:23 »
The Hellbringer in the blister does look better.

The salvage boxes are messed up . . . someone stuck the Archer & Marauder among the Clan mechs, and the Ice Ferret & Shadow Cat with the Legendary boxes.  Timber Wolves both have the same label and . . . MSLX took a bit to figure out as Mist Lynx.  Lol, trying to figure out what the ARCHK among the Clan machines started me looking.

I bought shirts and dice I expect to never get another run- like Burrock dice! and jumped on the Scorpion shirt- and the proof made it look great which is why it was #2 in our poll!

IWM will eventually make these as individual mechs, problem is 'when' could be well into the future.  At present the classic Shadow Hawk is available and this year saw the Griffin, Catapult and Locust released.  They did have the Wasp and Valkyrie but I expect them to be later to allow them to roll out in plastic first.  I would expect all the Classics to come out before they get to re-done art- so FREX all of the Unseen like the Marauder & Warhammer will be released before they get into stuff like the KS art Dragon, Nightstar or Axeman.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #429 on: 27 June 2020, 09:56:34 »
More specifically, CGL’s licensing terms do no allow them to sell miniatures individually

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

General308

• Captain
« Reply #430 on: 27 June 2020, 11:01:57 »
More specifically, CGL’s licensing terms do no allow them to sell miniatures individually

We don't know that.  It likely isn't true or they wouldn't have been able to sell Urban Mechs or salvage boxes during the kickstarter.   The truth is non  of us know what the license does are does not say.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #431 on: 27 June 2020, 11:06:46 »
We do know that because they told us

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

General308

• Captain
« Reply #432 on: 27 June 2020, 11:14:07 »

Then how are they selling salvage boxes and urban mechs?   Honestly never saw them say that..  My understanding is the reason they were not doing singles is because they were focusing on products that will sell in stores. But I admit I could have missed it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #433 on: 27 June 2020, 11:16:47 »
We don't know that.  It likely isn't true or they wouldn't have been able to sell Urban Mechs or salvage boxes during the kickstarter.   The truth is non  of us know what the license does are does not say.

Its also why the old Alpha Strike Lance Packs were Lance Packs- its the first time they started telling folks that was how they could release plastic mechs, as packs.

What Sartis said, and the salvage boxes are being sold as part of a promo- its why they are blind except for the Urbie.  AFAIK, it is a limited run of them for the KS and left over stock- if it exists for following reasons- would be like other remaining volumes, sold through the CGL store and special events.  But we do not even know if they will have left over stock b/c ALL KS rewards were selected during the first pledge manager phase which means they knew the exact number of salvage boxes they needed.  No further purchases of IS lances when the PM is re-opened for Wave 2 will include salvage boxes.

While we do not know the details, they may have also have had to get permission.  We DO know IWM claims they get a sales increase of mechs when CGL releases the plastic boxes.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #434 on: 27 June 2020, 11:18:47 »
Loophole? Something about retail? Dispensation from the pope? No idea. As speck said more than once “it’s complicated”

It came out in one of those discussions either about the new boxes or early in Kickstarter. One of those actually very important scraps of information that is just lying in the middle of a random thread

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #435 on: 27 June 2020, 12:44:50 »
$500 will get you all the shirts up front!   ;D :)) 8)

Yeah, about that ...  :D

If wishes were horses, I'd be cleaning up a ton of horse poop.

could you imagine my closet though ... it would be hella awesome! ... my wife my think WTF, but I would just bask in geekdom.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #436 on: 27 June 2020, 21:02:20 »
This is why I have mixed feelings on pre-assembled minis.

On one hand, it's convenient.  Being able to buy a box and it's ready to use is nice.
On the other hand, sometimes the hasty work kinda ruins their look.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #437 on: 28 June 2020, 11:10:07 »

On one hand, it's convenient.  Being able to buy a box and it's ready to use is nice.

Yea but because they are plastic it will be easy enough to take them a part to mod them.   As I have become older and have less time I really appreciate the ideal of assymbled mins.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #438 on: 28 June 2020, 11:16:20 »

On the other hand, my assembly is often hasty work...so it's the worst of both worlds.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

RazorclawXLS

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #439 on: 28 June 2020, 14:07:48 »
Yea but because they are plastic it will be easy enough to take them a part to mod them.   As I have become older and have less time I really appreciate the ideal of assymbled mins.

It's not easy for someone who hasn't been disassembling the newer AGOAC minis and has experience in doing that. I am experienced in kitbashing and doing conversions for 40k minis, but when I looked into disassembling and cutting AGOAC minis I gave up, as the potential for mistakes was too great for me.

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #440 on: 29 June 2020, 17:21:58 »
I need that panther. Like a company of them. In the future, will it be possible to buy individual mechs? I like the pursuit Lance from wave 2 but I only want the dragon from the heavy lance.

We don't think the plastics will become available individually outside of cons.  Even if they were allowed to per their license agreement, I don't see how it would make sense. 

IWM will eventually release these in metal, individually but at a higher price (and with better detail).

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #441 on: 29 June 2020, 17:43:45 »

IWM will eventually release these in metal, individually but at a higher price (and with better detail).

This is true but at IWM's average of 3 minis a quarter (12 minis a year) it will take them over a decade.

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #442 on: 29 June 2020, 17:55:18 »
Yeah, and they'll be busy with variants (e.g. the Griffin was released but there's also a -1S on the way) and IlClan releases, too.  I'm not holding my breath.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #443 on: 29 June 2020, 17:56:31 »
This is true but at IWM's average of 3 minis a quarter (12 minis a year) it will take them over a decade.

...and?

IWM releasing at a glacial pace doesn't change that it's the single most likely outcome.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #444 on: 29 June 2020, 18:33:46 »
...and?

IWM releasing at a glacial pace doesn't change that it's the single most likely outcome.

And what?  It is the most likely outcome.  We seem to be in agreement.  Some will just have to wait for individual minis or buy the box sets if they can't wait.  I'm just wondering for the people who are waiting for IWM to put out the individual minis, if they've really calculated how long they might have to wait.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #445 on: 29 June 2020, 20:12:36 »
They were doing 4 some quarters . . . nice thing is the company is pretty responsive to the fans.
Colt Ward

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #446 on: 29 June 2020, 20:50:17 »
IWN's output has been below normal this year, due to unfortunate circumstances beyond their control.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #447 on: 29 June 2020, 22:14:34 »
They were doing 4 some quarters . . . nice thing is the company is pretty responsive to the fans.

It dropped from consistently 4 announced to consistently 3 announced per quarter. That was when basically all the non mech units fell off apart from fan funding and special / con releases

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #448 on: 30 June 2020, 17:57:16 »
MW Destiny download links are starting to go out it seems.

Seems it was a boo boo.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2020, 20:01:00 by shivanwurm »

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #449 on: 30 June 2020, 19:55:21 »
My e-mail does not contain a link to a coupon code. Anyone else having that problem?