Author Topic: fall from glory  (Read 2352 times)

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
fall from glory
« on: 17 April 2021, 18:13:41 »
well since i didn't get a subscription to battlecorp all those years ago i never did read this book till today.  Just finish and my impression of it is that it give better light on why the wolverine book betral of idea went the way it did.  It show how Nic use incident like the mutiny during the first exodus as an example to solidify his father command. 

From the way the wolverine conducted operation it was clearly not a clan he favor so like any good blacksheep he use them the same way he use the original group that try to flee back to the inner sphere.  the book also gave us why Aff started all thanks to his younger brother who is the pov of the book.  It also show that the initial mechwarriors for the clan was a small group which will make it interesting to see how they expanded to be able to take down the varies warlords that eventually form from the break up of his father dream.  A good story overall in my opinion

Nibs

• Captain
Re: fall from glory
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2021, 00:44:52 »
I thought it was fantastic and I'm looking forward to the next two parts of the series. Fall From Glory really conveys its title in illustrating that the pall of the Star League's demise never left the men and women of the Exodus. They were a people searching for a purpose, whether it be as a society or in individuals. Andery and Nicholas both lie in the shadow of their father, one of the greatest men in the history of the world. Their struggle with their inner selves is clear in this book - yet in entirely different ways.

Always a pleasure to read Randall Bills' writing!

Register