Author Topic: Monbvol's House rule emporium  (Read 95594 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Monbvol's House rule emporium
« Reply #420 on: 26 December 2017, 13:37:22 »
Hmmm.  I am thinking to help mesh things with the setting Militia/Garrison troops may have to always be paid with the Green pay modifier.  Otherwise low levels of Property are going to have issues supporting even fairly basic Garrison/Militia troops.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #421 on: 26 December 2017, 13:55:04 »
I did some math up in General Discussion, and when you throw in the Tech Team, 'mechs come out right around the platoon costs, but I'd hesitate to force people to hire Green troops.  Fewer experienced ones should at least be an option.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #422 on: 26 December 2017, 14:00:33 »
Well I am thinking more of how standing armies always pay Regular skill modifiers even if someone is Green,  Veteran, or Elite but to represent the more limited nature of Garrison/Militias they could always use the Green skill pay modifier even if someone is Regular, Veteran, or Elite.

That way you can have higher skilled troops, afford them, and have everything mesh up a bit better.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #423 on: 26 December 2017, 14:05:07 »
In the real world, seniority is how they usually pay for experience, though specific skill bonuses are also in the mix.  It's hard to simplify those charts without losing quite a bit of granularity.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #424 on: 26 December 2017, 16:39:17 »
Well A Time of War on page 335 does say standing armies only use Regular modifiers to salary no matter how skilled someone is. 

And I've got most of my Property overhaul ready for another draft review.  I am a bit worried I may have ran out of space on the Property Event tables a bit too quickly and thus things might get a little overly harsh.  Which is even after I broke down and created a subtable each for Military, Natural Disaster, and Political events.  I've still got to write a bit of something for the actual force generation/support sections.  Once I do I should have some pretty hefty stuff to post again.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #425 on: 26 December 2017, 18:31:09 »
On a lark, I threw together a single 'mech with a single Tech Team (minimum ranks for everyone: 3TP Officer, 3TP Tech, 1TP AsTechs).  It came out to 8,400 in salaries, very close to the cost of the Platoon built under the same rubric (8,350 for salaries).  Spares for an all energy weapon 20 ton 'mech would be 200 per month (ammunition makes everything more expensive).  Bottom line: 'mechs and infantry are comparable at the platoon vs. individual 'mech level (which I think was the intention).  Vehicles get trickier due to crew size and tech team requirements.

Speaking of which, I think we really need to redefine tech team requirements for vehicles under 20 tons.  Something like 1 tech team per every 20 tons of vehicles under 20 tons (round normally, so technically, one team could service up to 29.5 tons of smaller vehicles).  There should also probably be a discount for trailers, since they don't have engines.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #426 on: 26 December 2017, 18:44:41 »
*nod*

A lot of how they re-worked things in Strategic Operations for tech support never really seemed to fit with the established setting and previous rules very well.

As far as salaries, yeah the way I'd work the rankings would cut down a lot.  Of course it doesn't help that AToW does imply two different ranks as what a Mechwarrior should be then lists yet a third rank for what should be a Squad Leader.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #427 on: 27 December 2017, 18:17:43 »
So I got around to doing some math for starting budgets.  I'm not so sure I need to let the Property be a raw multiplier now.

If somehow a player maxed every bonus they could without taking any of the pnealties for the Player Influences from CamOps the multiplier would be 6.4.

If you add Protocol to the list as I propose that raises to 7.4.  Yearly defense budget for a RAW Property 10 is 60,000,000 C-Bills.

384,000,000 without Protocol and 444,000,000 with.  Sure you can't do an all Mech Regiment on that but I've seen how cheap the initial outlay can be for a mixed Regiment.  So I think leaving Property as it is in CamOps will work just fine.

As a point of comparison with the revised values I'm still somewhat pondering that would be 363,724,800 for Property 10.

Wish there was an easier way to share the event tables but just going to have to put in the spreadsheet.  I am still a bit mixed on them but with how quickly I ran out of room I'm not sure what I can do to get a bit more variety.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #428 on: 27 December 2017, 18:21:31 »
And for the latest draft of the Property Quirks.

Should have the section on force building the garrison soon.

Values for Property income have been adjusted so that at GM option the player can instead roll monthly, quarterly, semiannually, or yearly as desired.  Once a year a Property Event will be rolled for.  If rolling more often than once a year work with the GM to determine which Property Administration roll should be used to influence the Property Event roll. The margin of failure or margine of success for this roll will be added to an event table roll as well as the character's current Edge link attribute modifier modifier.  In the event of rolling a result that provides modifiers to the Property Administration rolls it is highly recommended to only apply them to one roll when rolling more often than once a year.

To compliment Property a new trait Investments has been introduced and a new Property Quirk trait.

Investments[ID and Status based]:
Modifier: -4
Investments largely work as the old Property trait and to represent their more volatile nature get the -4 as far off events can ripple more easily and with considerable time delays it will be tough maximizing your profit margins by making the correct moves.

Investment may not be higher than the Wealth subcategory of the Status trait it is tied to.

Property still largely works as previous but instead of not having any guidelines on how to figure out what modifiers to assign I have created Property Quirks.

Border World(Within 30 Light Years of an actively hostile power more technologically advanced than your faction(represent some of the other eras like Age of War where the Terran Hegemony were being mean to their neighbors or later Clan Eras))
Cost: -2
Mechanics: Player takes a -2 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income but due to the raids and repelled invasions their techs do not take any repair/salvage modifiers for unfamiliar technology and may equip a weapon or piece of equipment available to this enemy power not available to your faction on one garrison unit per point of Property and any such equipped units may exceed the normal average skill rating of Regular and start at Veteran.
Special: To represent less actively hostile periods reduce cost to -1 and lose the ability to mount salvaged gear on garrison units but may still increase the average skill rating as described.  This quirk can be taken up to three times by GM permission depending on era.

Border World, Lesser(Within 30 Light Years of an actively hostile power on the same tech base or lower than yours)
Cost: -1
Mechanics: Player takes a -1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  Due to the frequent raids at the start of the game campaign your garrison may have one unit per rank of Property exceed the normal starting average experience cap of Regular to a maximum of Veteran.
Special: The best count I can come up with is 5 times this quirk may be taken.

Remote(more than 30 Light Years from the closest regional administrative center)
Mechanics Player takes a -1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  The lack of interference and oversight from their superiors allows the player to be more free in setting their own local laws.  Player may reduce Black Market costs as if they had one better letter code for legality, including eliminating them altogether, for the entire party.  Being so remote also makes it harder to raise a well equipped defensive force.  Increase all unit type target numbers by one.

Resource Shortage(mostly to reflect not having enough clean water to go around but I imagine there are a few other things this could cover)
Mechanics: -1 to Property Administration roll.  Lacking proper supply of a daily need your Property is more severly impacted by Political Scandal and Natural Disasters.  Increase the penalty for these events by 50% round up(-1 becomes -2 for example).

Administrative Center
Mechanics: Player takes a +1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  As an Administrative center this quirk is incompatible with Remote.  With the attention of their superiors more focused on them players are not as free in their actions but are more likely to receive aid in case of emergency.  Reduce Property Administration modifiers for Natural Disasters, Raids, and Invasions by 50% rounded in favor of the player to a minimum of -1.  Of course if the Player is involved in a Political Scandal the extra attention of their superiors increases the penalty they take 50%, round up, more severe penalties and take the normal penalties for being involved in such a scandal if another player in the group is somehow involved.  So if the Property Event Roll results in a Minor Political Scandal another PC in the group is involved the Property Owning Player would take -3 to their Property Administration roll.

Resource Surplus
Cost: +1
Mechanics: +1 on Property Administration rolls.  Excess resources make your rivals more covetous and corruption more likely though.  -1 on Property Event rolls. Incompatible with Resource Shortage.

Lightly Industrialized
Cost: +2
Mechanics: +1 on Property Administration rolls.  As with Resource Surplus this attracts the attention of rivals, enemies, and the corrupt but having some production offers some advantages. -1 on Property Event rolls as well as GM and player should work together to determine some good to be taken in trade.  May also provide sufficient facilities to perform Class D Refits for one unit type but take a -4 on Property Administration rolls while performing the refit.

Heavily Industrialized
Cost: +4
Mechanics: +2 on Property Administration rolls.  -2 Property Event rolls.  Work with GM to determine produced good to take in trade and may do a Class F refit of one unit type but takes certain levels of Property to do so.  Mass of unit/25 round up(-1 to a minimum of 1 for Vehicles, +2 for Small Craft) and take a -4 modifier(player does not get the +2 to counter act part of this modifier) while performing the refit.  To re-tool the factory take a total -8 modifier to Property Administration roll for 8+Proprty rank months then player makes a special Administration plus current Edge score against a TN of 8+Property rank each month.  Each success reduces re-tooling penalty by 1.  Each failure extends the modifier another month.  Yes I want retooling to be harsh and something not done lightly.

Extreme Cold or Extreme Heat
Cost: -1 for below -30 Celsius or above 50 Celsius
Mechanics: The special gear and reduced efficiency of vehicles reduces the economic output of your Property.  Take a -1 to Property Administration rolls.  When defending your Property consult Total Warfare and Tactical Operations for rules on extreme cold and heat.

High/Low Gravity
Cost: -1 for 0.8g and below or 1.2g and above(recommend minimum of 0.2g and maximum of 1.5g)
Mechanics: Take a -1 to Property Administration Rolls due to the unusual gravity of the world your Property is on.  Consult Tactical Operations and A Time of War for rules on abnormal gravity.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #429 on: 27 December 2017, 18:55:49 »
Yikes!  Looking at that table would dissuade me from taking the Property trait entirely (I roll way too many 2's).

The quirks look like they're getting there, and I dare say you're on the right track with Heavily Industrialized.  You might even want to put in a +10 quirk for "Shipyard"...  Oh, hey... how about +8 for a yard that can do DropShips, +10 for JumpShips, and +12 for WarShips (since +6 will get you to Small Craft, though I recommend only enforcing that for Small Craft above 100 tons)?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #430 on: 27 December 2017, 19:44:47 »
I am considering I may have to make it a 3d6 table and each subtable also 3d6 so the effects are less severe because I did really feel like I was running out of space and had so many negative events.

As far as Shipyards the normal limit of Property 10 I feel like is right at the limit of a Dropship yard so I wasn't super inclined to put it in as an option but re-checking the prices for small civilian Dropships I could see it being good enough to pump out a few small Dropships a year.

So maybe have Shipyard be a further +2 Quirk that requires Heavily Industrialized.

And re-write the re-tooling rules to be more time frame independent.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #431 on: 27 December 2017, 23:37:00 »
Don't forget that 10 is only a limit for creation... If people want to sink XP into upgrading their yards (on top of the money), I think that's the way to go.  If it was just a matter of money, it would have been done right after the Amaris coup...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #432 on: 28 December 2017, 00:49:20 »
*nod*

Makes sense and one of my aims for this project is to help bridge between AToW and the more strategic levels of play so I may as well make my frame works fully extensible.  Which may require me to make the payouts of Property more exponential in growth for Property 11+.  Which AToW and Companion's chart only goes up to 11 too.

Which may mean also working out a way to convert Property to Inner Sphere at War Resource points too.  I know I worked out how many Resource Points it would take to support the maximum Other World garrison and using some math I remember working that back to an Other World must then produce 10 RP, 2 of which it passes to the House but now I can't remember how much it could keep for itself and I rather suspect I didn't keep any notes.  So I may have to redo those calculations and re-figure out what the minimum and maximum garrisons are.  If that holds true I may be willing to do a 1:1 conversion.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #433 on: 29 December 2017, 18:03:05 »
Still working on the re-tooling Industry rules so that they work the same no matter how often you roll Property Administration but I did decide that Dropships are in the realm of Property 11+.  Just felt a little too powerful/profitable for Property 10.  I'll have to think on their tonnage framework.

So to do list:
-Rework retooling rules
-A big old section on Property and how to generate garrison forces for it needs worked in somewhere
-Dropships
-Going from AToW to Inner Sphere at War.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #434 on: 29 December 2017, 18:19:42 »
Since you're pushing DropShips in to the 11+ range, that would seem to be an opportunity to build the framework to support JumpShips (and even WarShips someday...).

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #435 on: 29 December 2017, 19:57:08 »
 :D

I have no idea how to work those but it should be doable.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #436 on: 29 December 2017, 20:01:55 »
I'd give them either the same boost of DropShips over Small Craft, or a geometric (or even exponential) progression beyond that... :)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #437 on: 29 December 2017, 22:01:30 »
It certainly is going to have to be exponential.  Rank/Title 15 is supposed to be a Successor Lord.  So it doesn't really leave a lot of other options by that point.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #438 on: 29 December 2017, 22:06:19 »
So 11 for DropShips, 13 for JumpShips, and 15 for WarShips?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #439 on: 29 December 2017, 22:11:15 »
Hmmm.  I almost want to have more wiggle room but I'm not sure I can work any in so that could wind up being the end point.

And I forgot a to do list item.
-Property Events rework to make them less severe

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #440 on: 29 December 2017, 22:16:21 »
You could always bump up what it takes to be a Successor Lord, or say 15 is what it takes to be the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation, and the others are more...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #441 on: 29 December 2017, 23:40:44 »
Hmmm...

15 as a Bandit Kingdom/Minor Periphery Nation, 20 for one of the protoNations/Major Periphery Nation/something like the SiC/FRR, 25+ for a Successor State.

I think I can live with that.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #442 on: 30 December 2017, 00:05:56 »
Sounds more than reasonable to me! O0

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #443 on: 30 December 2017, 15:44:46 »
Realized I made a slight omission in my Property Quirks.  I never really accounted for the Periphery modifier fully.  Remote was my initial stab at it but then I realized a world can be in the Periphery but near an Administrative Center too.  So a slight variation on Remote is being added to account for such situations.  I decided it doesn't get the Legality benefit for Black Market purchases that Remote does but gets the same Target Number modifications for force building and the same -1 to Property Administration rolls.

I'm also working out an Independent Property Quirk.  I know I want it to be overall positive and expensive but I also think it should have the same Political Scandal modifiers as Administrative Center but without the same support structure I can't see giving the same benefits to Raid/Invasion and Natural Disaster modifiers that Administrative Center gives.  Trouble is I'm having difficulty coming up with anything that can be expressed in game mechanics for why you'd want to make such an investment.

Which is making me consider more advanced forms of Administrative Center like Regional Capital and National Capital.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #444 on: 30 December 2017, 16:03:10 »
I think adding tiers to Administrative Center is a good idea, then you can just make modifiers for Inner Sphere vs. Periphery (Major, Minor, and Independent powers)...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #445 on: 30 December 2017, 16:29:46 »
I am thinking Regional Capital would require minimum of Property 11 and National Capital minimum Property of 15.

Independent is proving troublesome.  I went and realized at lower levels of Property it probably would be an over all negative as being a member of a bigger faction has it's benefits but being Independent does make you more of a target and not having that support structure of a larger faction hurts but the larger the Property the less it matters and might actually become a positive or even mandatory.  So I may have to scrap it.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #446 on: 30 December 2017, 16:47:57 »
Nobody ever said being an independent was easy (just ask the Lothian League!), so it being a negative isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Honestly, the negatives might give you enough points to invest in defenses that might actually hold (or screw holding and just go full on pirate)...

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #447 on: 30 December 2017, 17:12:58 »
The main problem is it is great being Independent if you're the Federated Suns.

So I've decided because there would be no easy way to work it and take such extremes into account it'd be best to at most offer up a game philosophy section on what one can expect for choosing between the two.

I have also decided my Property rules will only lever deal with one planet at most and no more because beyond that really is starting to get into the realm of Inner Sphere at War. I am still going with the idea that Sian could be worth Property 25 and the Status 25 to go with it but being Hanse Davion or George Hasek doesn't seem to really come with the perks and responsibilities of running multiple systems.  They'd have some pretty significant staffs to handle all that administration for them and handling the AFFS's budget seems a little below their pay grade.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #448 on: 01 January 2018, 21:51:27 »
So time for another draft.  I'm pretty happy with where I am overall.  I still need to figure out some numbers for past Property 10 to establish budgets.

Property in these revisions no longer has a  strict correlation to the amount of land you control but more a measure of the economic value of your land that you are in control of.  Certainly as the Property value climbs the more likely it is that your character is in charge of more actual physical land, perhaps even an entire planet, but ultimately there is no minimum or maximum.  This is to help represent that Property on the barely developed fringe of human occupied space can result in the player controlling a lot more physical land to get the same kind of profitability as a highly developed world with greater economic output.  Property must be linked to a Status trait of some kind.  It does not strictly have to be Civilian as there are other ways to be in charge of land.  Status/Military with property could be a military governor of a recently conquered world for example.  For simplicity's sake Criminal organiztions can have their own Property and will use the same rules.  I know this isn't terribly realistic but this is more for keeping things simple, consistent, and for the sake of game play.  Property also provides some bonuses to the subcategories of the associated Status trait.  Increase  People and Wealth by 1 for each rank of Peoperty.  This may not cause Wealth to exceed 10.

Likewise Status is more of a relative than absolute measure of power/position.  So Status/Civilian 10 with Property 10 could get you a decent tract of land on a prosperous/populated world in the heart of your faction or let you be a petty warlord in charge of some far off rock on the fringes of human occupied space.

These rules are only really intended to handle at most one planet.  Even if that particular planet happens to be a highly developed National Capital of a major faction these rules will not deal with national budgets, federal armies, or any other such factors.  While I will try and provide frameworks for larger scale games but even then the rules below will only focus on one particular planet.  Scales beyond that are best handled by Inner Sphere at War found in Campaign Operations.

As such a guideline for more strategic levels of play 15 could represent the capital of some Bandit/Petty Kingdom or a District Capital overseeing a few dozen worlds.  20 represents the capital of a realm with about 20-50 inhabited worlds. 25 and up would be suitable for a the capital of a major power.  Not all major powers and their capitals are created equal nor do they hold the same strength/value through all eras so Gms and players are highly encouraged to work together to find some value that seems appropriate.

A quick note for determining if the player and their Property should be part of a faction or independent.  Both options have their pros and cons.  Independent grants greater freedom in what actions you can take while also giving the player potentially more direct control without having to conform to a superior's minim rights and responsibilities.  Also without a higher up taking a portion of your tax income you can have more funds to divide up.  In an age of interstellar empires though you can find yourself pretty easy prey and your citizenry could easily be more critical of you and your associates.  Being part of a faction can mean having certain expectations put on you, less freedom in your decisions, and actions but access to support systems that can give you aid in times of need.  This can range from relief funds to help rebuild after a raid or natural disaster, troops in the form of federal regulars or mercenaries that you don't have to support from your tax budget to help protect your lands, or even being rewarded for loyal service.

For players wishing to use Campaign Operations force building rules there are two slight changes to the Player Influences section.  Instead of rolling for a starting budget you start with the yearly defense budget for your Property(given in the additional tables section).  The second change is you also add the highest appropriate Protocol for the faction your Property is located in.  For independent Properties use the highest Protocol skill.

Property incomes and budgets for beyond 10 are not currently given in any tables or charts as personal wealth for Property 11 and beyond really starts becoming less important.  Now if you want to continue to use Campaign Operations force building rules and thus need to determine your budget exact numbers are still forthcoming but Property 15 should be able to get 1-2 Mech Regiments with a few Vehicle and Infantry Regiments to back them.  20 should yield enough to afford about 20 Regiments of mechs with numerous Vehicle and Infantry Regiments backing them.

Values for Property income have been adjusted so that at GM option the player can instead roll monthly, quarterly, semiannually, or yearly as desired.  Once a year a Property Event will be rolled for.  If rolling more often than once a year work with the GM to determine which Property Administration roll should be used to influence the Property Event roll. The margin of failure or margine of success for this roll will be added to an event table roll as well as the character's current Edge link attribute modifier modifier.  In the event of rolling a result that provides modifiers to the Property Administration rolls it is highly recommended to only apply them to one roll when rolling more often than once a year.

To compliment Property a new trait Investments has been introduced and a new Property Quirk trait.

Investments[ID and Status based]:
Modifier: -4
Investments largely work as the old Property trait and to represent their more volatile nature get the -4 as far off events can ripple more easily and with considerable time delays it will be tough maximizing your profit margins by making the correct moves.

Investment may not be higher than the Wealth subcategory of the Status trait it is tied to.

Property still largely works as previous but instead of not having any guidelines on how to figure out what modifiers to assign I have created Property Quirks.

Administrative Center
Mechanics: Player takes a +1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  As an Administrative center this quirk is incompatible with Remote.  With the attention of their superiors more focused on them players are not as free in their actions but are more likely to receive aid in case of emergency.  Reduce Property Administration modifiers for Natural Disasters, Raids, and Invasions by 50% rounded in favor of the player to a minimum of -1.  Of course if the Player is involved in a Political Scandal the extra attention of their superiors increases the penalty they take 50%, round up, more severe penalties and take the normal penalties for being involved in such a scandal if another player in the group is somehow involved.  So if the Property Event Roll results in a Minor Political Scandal another PC in the group is involved the Property Owning Player would take -3 to their Property Administration roll.

Border World(Within 30 Light Years of an actively hostile power more technologically advanced than your faction(represent some of the other eras like Age of War where the Terran Hegemony were being mean to their neighbors or later Clan Eras))
Cost: -2
Mechanics: Player takes a -2 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income but due to the raids and repelled invasions their techs do not take any repair/salvage modifiers for unfamiliar technology and may equip a weapon or piece of equipment available to this enemy power not available to your faction on one garrison unit per point of Property and any such equipped units may exceed the normal average skill rating of Regular and start at Veteran.
Special: To represent less actively hostile periods reduce cost to -1 and lose the ability to mount salvaged gear on garrison units but may still increase the average skill rating as described.  This quirk can be taken up to three times by GM permission depending on era.

Border World, Lesser(Within 30 Light Years of an actively hostile power on the same tech base or lower than yours)
Mechanics: Player takes a -1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  Due to the frequent raids at the start of the game campaign your garrison may have one unit per rank of Property exceed the normal starting average experience cap of Regular to a maximum of Veteran.
Special: The best count I can come up with is 5 times this quirk may be taken.

Extreme Cold or Extreme Heat
Cost: -1 for below -30 Celsius or above 50 Celsius
Mechanics: The special gear and reduced efficiency of vehicles reduces the economic output of your Property.  Take a -1 to Property Administration rolls.  When defending your Property consult Total Warfare and Tactical Operations for rules on extreme tempratures.

Fringe World
Mechanics: Either literaly on the edge of occupied space or some world that has fallen between the cracks your world is nigh forgotten. -1 on Property Administration rolls.  Increase all unit type target numbers by one when building, replacing, or upgrading your garrison.

High/Low Gravity
Cost: -1 for 0.8g and below or 1.2g and above(recommend minimum of 0.2g and maximum of 1.5g)
Mechanics: Take a -1 to Property Administration Rolls due to the unusual gravity of the world your Property is on.  Consult Tactical Operations and A Time of War for rules on abnormal gravity.

Remote(more than 30 Light Years from the closest regional administrative center)
Mechanics Player takes a -1 on their Property Administration roll whenever determining their income.  The lack of interference and oversight from their superiors allows the player to be more free in setting their own local laws.  Player may reduce Black Market costs as if they had one better letter code for legality, including eliminating them altogether, for the entire party.  Being so remote also makes it harder to raise a well equipped defensive force.  Increase all unit type target numbers by one when building, replacing, or upgrading your garrison.

Resource Shortage(mostly to reflect not having enough clean water to go around but I imagine there are a few other things this could cover)
Mechanics: -1 to Property Administration roll.  Lacking proper supply of a daily need your Property is more severly impacted by Political Scandal and Natural Disasters.  Increase the penalty for these events by 50% round up(-1 becomes -2 for example).

Resource Surplus
Cost: +1
Mechanics: +1 on Property Administration rolls.  Excess resources make your rivals more covetous and corruption more likely though.  -1 on Property Event rolls. Incompatible with Resource Shortage.

Lightly Industrialized
Cost: +2
Mechanics: +1 on Property Administration rolls.  As with Resource Surplus this attracts the attention of rivals, enemies, and the corrupt but having some production offers some advantages. -1 on Property Event rolls as well as GM and player should work together to determine some good to be taken in trade.  May also provide sufficient facilities to perform Class D Refits for one unit type but take a -4 on Property Administration rolls while performing the refit to a minimum of once on the next Property Administration roll.

Heavily Industrialized
Cost: +4
Mechanics: +2 on Property Administration rolls but -2 Property Event rolls.  Work with GM to determine produced good to take in trade and may do a Class F refit of one unit type but takes certain levels of Property to do so.  Mass of unit/25 round up for Vehicles, +1 for Mechs, +2 for Small Craft and take a -4 modifier(player does not get the +2 to counter act part of this modifier) while performing the refit. For campaigns with Property exceeding the recommended maximum of 10, Dropships may also be produced and refit.

Re-tooling Industry rules:

Changes in technology, shifting demands, or a number of other factors could make a player consider changing what their industry produces.  This should not be done lightly though as it takes a great deal of time to change production and your factories will not be operating very efficiently, if at all.  While retooling Heavy Industrialized Properties your Property trait is effectively reduced by half, round down to a minimum of 1.  Light Industrialized Properties reduce Property by 2.  All Property Administration rolls take a penalty equal to the lost Property for re-tooling to a minimum of -1.  Apply this penalty to all Property Administration rolls until Property Recovery rules presented below indicate otherwise.

Recovering Property:
If you re-tool, suffer a raid, or repel an invasion but your Property takes damage sufficient to reduce productivity anyway there are two ways to recover this lost Property productivity.

You recover 1 Property one time a year when you roll a Property Administration roll with a Margin of Success of 5.
Certain events may allow you to recover Property.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #449 on: 01 January 2018, 22:36:40 »
And now a revised event table.  Political events wound up being a bit cluttered again anyway despite expanding to 3d6.  Maybe shifting some results around to make No event! more likely will have to do.