Author Topic: New Development Snapshot 0.47.2 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 7878 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: New Development Snapshot 0.47.2 for Megamek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #30 on: 02 January 2020, 20:00:34 »
Wanted to check with people before even considering a bug report, but is day-to-day advancement much, much slower in 0.47 than 0.46 for other people? I tried starting up a simple campaign (Give myself 100 million c-bills and a mechwarrior and recruit/buy everything over a year or two "in play") and it seems to take a lot longer to advance days than it used to, up to ~5-10 seconds where in 0.46.2 it was effectively instant. It's not much, but it's kind of irritating, and I want to know if it's working-as-designed or if I missed a setting. I matched up all my Campaign Options to a much larger campaign in 46.0 rc1, and made sure to completely turn off autosaves in 47.2, and I still am getting it taking noticeably longer to chug through a peacetime day in 47.2 with almost nothing in my unit to track than it did for a full battalion in 46.0 rc1...

It might be related to the planetary data revision. There is a ton of data a changes to work through each day with possible changes to planet ownership and other details.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 03 January 2020, 11:19:29 »
I saw this odd target number a few days ago.

Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) #4 (Draconis Combine) sideslips 1 hexes
Dragon DRG-1N (Draconis Combine) needs 2147483646 to avoid the skid (Both legs destroyed), rolls 10.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #32 on: 03 January 2020, 11:21:18 »
2 BILLION to be missed?  :o  ???

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 03 January 2020, 15:47:06 »
Yeah.  Nuts, eh?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #34 on: 03 January 2020, 18:41:55 »
That value is the maximum for a 16-bit integer and is used to indicate automatic failure. The code generating the report should be checking for special values and substituting the appropriate phrase, such as "automatic success" or "automatic failure". That's a bug.

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #35 on: 03 January 2020, 22:03:02 »
That value is the maximum for a 16-bit integer and is used to indicate automatic failure. The code generating the report should be checking for special values and substituting the appropriate phrase, such as "automatic success" or "automatic failure". That's a bug.

Cool, I learned something new :)  I'm guessing automatic success would be otherwise known as zero?
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

BairdEC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 04 January 2020, 03:11:10 »
Neoancient, do you need me to put in a bug report for that one?  I didn't save a game file for it since I thought it would be hard to replicate.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #37 on: 04 January 2020, 11:02:25 »
Neoancient, do you need me to put in a bug report for that one?  I didn't save a game file for it since I thought it would be hard to replicate.

Please. With as much detail as you can to recreate it.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #38 on: 05 January 2020, 11:43:46 »
Wanted to check with people before even considering a bug report, but is day-to-day advancement much, much slower in 0.47 than 0.46 for other people? I tried starting up a simple campaign (Give myself 100 million c-bills and a mechwarrior and recruit/buy everything over a year or two "in play") and it seems to take a lot longer to advance days than it used to, up to ~5-10 seconds where in 0.46.2 it was effectively instant. It's not much, but it's kind of irritating, and I want to know if it's working-as-designed or if I missed a setting. I matched up all my Campaign Options to a much larger campaign in 46.0 rc1, and made sure to completely turn off autosaves in 47.2, and I still am getting it taking noticeably longer to chug through a peacetime day in 47.2 with almost nothing in my unit to track than it did for a full battalion in 46.0 rc1...

We've opened a bug report, and found some small improvements for the next release -
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 05 January 2020, 16:03:46 »
Am I just dumb, or are airships not showing up under support vehicles in MML?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #40 on: 05 January 2020, 16:41:46 »
Airships are not yet implemented, neither are satellites or large naval vehicles. They all require some additional coding in MM.

Brakiel

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 05 January 2020, 18:02:20 »
Airships are not yet implemented, neither are satellites or large naval vehicles. They all require some additional coding in MM.

Oh, I see my mistake. When reading the changelog in the 0.47.1 topic, I accidentally skipped the line saying those needed more work. Thanks!

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 06 January 2020, 11:33:45 »
I've not noticed it

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 18 January 2020, 21:11:49 »
Will try recreating it later, since this battle I'm in is too big to safely interrupt, but I'm encountering troubles reinforcing.

First, it allowed me to bring in my first star of Aerospace, but none of them had their Rocket Launchers mounted as external munitions. No apparent error.

Second, it never brought on my Polaris dropships. no error. But also no dropships.

Third, it has not brought in my third star of Aerospace. megameklog.txt on the server appeared to be objecting to the units as invalid (even though I have "allow invalid units" turned on,) because the weight of their rocket pods make them exceed their standard weights.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem