Author Topic: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA  (Read 141319 times)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
Re: 3055 Fed-Com Campaign in Northern VA Area
« Reply #30 on: 25 October 2018, 16:56:14 »
Update, in theory both days are good for me.  I had to dump my car at the dealership today to have them take a look at it.  My car may have a bad transmission and that might keep me from going anywhere long distance anytime soon.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 02 November 2018, 18:38:57 »
Hello again fellow mechwarriors!

I can say for certain that the next game will be Saturday December 1st at The Games Tavern with initiative rolls starting at 1 PM.  The scenario is going to be about the company of light/medium mechs that was detached to rescue the survivors of the drop ship that had a bit of a crash landing. 

Initial damage assessments of the drop ship have shown that the energy weapons used against it were not of Inner Sphere make.  While the drop ship does have power, its propulsion systems are heavily damaged making it unable to move for the time being.  Regimental command has tasked the company to find where the mysterious squadron of opposition aerospace fighters is based out of; the enemy squadron has been causing havoc against ground units and must be neutralized.
« Last Edit: 04 November 2018, 13:50:34 by Jester006 »
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 21 November 2018, 22:07:09 »
Hello again fellow mechwarriors!

Just here to give a friendly reminder that the next game is scheduled for December 1st.  I want to try and roll for initiative at 1 PM sharp.  The venue is The Games Tavern in Chantilly, VA.

I ask people that haven't already replied so in this thread that plan on playing in the campaign with some regularity to give me a list of your favorite Inner Sphere mechs pre-3050 for each weight class.

Look forward seeing you all there.  Until then, cheers!

Sincerely,
Jester
Did you hear about the LEGO store grand opening?  People were lined up for blocks...

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #33 on: 01 December 2018, 14:16:46 »
Darnit, just realized that this was occurring today.  *ugh*

Sorry bout that, perhaps next time.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #34 on: 01 December 2018, 18:20:13 »
Sorry I couldn't make it today... my wife took the car down to Norfolk last night.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 26 December 2018, 19:05:01 »
Hello there again!

Just wanted to let you all know that I plan on running the next game on January the 26th at The Games Tavern in Chantilly, VA.  Start time is 1 PM sharp.

Hope to see you all there.  Until then, stay frosty.
« Last Edit: 26 December 2018, 20:13:10 by Jester006 »

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #36 on: 28 December 2018, 14:33:30 »
Thanks for the heads up. I may have relatives in town that weekend.  I will give a heads up as soon as I have more details available.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 28 December 2018, 15:13:42 »
In theory, I should have a car in January... we'll see how it goes...

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #38 on: 28 December 2018, 18:55:35 »
If you don't have a car and I have no scheduling conflict I'm happy to pick you up from a metro stop.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #39 on: 28 December 2018, 19:02:08 »
Cool, thanks!  I didn't want to impose on such short notice last month.  Hope to see you then!  :thumbsup:

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #40 on: 29 December 2018, 13:13:45 »
Np.  Just shoot me a message for any week you might want to attend but find yourself without a car and if I'm headed that direction we can navigate the logistics.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #41 on: 30 December 2018, 13:15:00 »
I'm setting a reminder this time. 

Deryk, I'm also willing to come get you again.  It is no issue.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #42 on: 30 December 2018, 13:45:26 »
Thanks guys!  I'll let you know when we get closer...  Some logistics have to be "just in time"... :)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #43 on: 12 January 2019, 21:13:20 »
26th looks clear for me.  Relatives should be coming into to town late so I'm just going to let them check in and chill which should leave my day open.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 24 January 2019, 15:10:33 »
Unfortunately I will have to postpone the next scenario due to me twisting my ankle last night; I really won't be mobile for the next 2-4 weeks.

On the plus side, I should get some new goodies in by then.  In the mean time, stay frosty!

Sincerely,
Ian

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #45 on: 24 January 2019, 19:37:08 »
Ouch!  Get well soon!

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #46 on: 25 January 2019, 01:12:46 »
That sucks dude.  Glad I checked in.  I was going to be 50 50 myself.  I have a tooth that will likely have to be extracted or a root canal preformed on it and my dentist appointment is on Monday.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #47 on: 25 January 2019, 04:47:42 »
Good luck at the dentist... that sounds pretty painful too.

Tinyozora

• Master Sergeant
  • House Jurai
« Reply #48 on: 25 January 2019, 13:01:55 »
Awww....everyone get better!! 

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #49 on: 30 January 2019, 00:41:11 »
Didn't sleep a wink on Friday night/Saturday morning.  Went into my physician's office and told them I had the dentist appointment on Monday and just need something to tide me over until the appointment.  I got prescribed Oxycontin and horse pill size augementum.  6 hours later I was comfortable and vegging out.

Dentist confirmed what I more or less was thought was the culprit.  I have only had one root canal and the prior dentist didn't clean out the tooth thorough enough.  There was a small amount of nerve endings and an infection that developed with was the primary cause of my pain.  2 other cavities on the adjacent teeth.  They had the two cavities filled in an hour and the salvaging of the root canal done within another 45 minutes.  I have to go back in a few weeks to check and see if the infection died down or if they have to extract the tooth or fit me with another crown. 

The dentist and his DA were pro, didn't f around in some cases didn't even have to communicate to the other to know what they needed to do to keep things moving during the procedure.  Going without a regular dentist for 10 years I think he's a keeper.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #50 on: 30 January 2019, 04:49:23 »
OUCH!  Glad they gave you the good stuff to get you through, and that they didn't take too long to get it done.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #51 on: 01 February 2019, 00:06:24 »
I then popped the temporary crown/cap out of place and had to get it refitted this morning.  They used the 'stronger' adhesive this time.  Why not use it the first time?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #52 on: 01 February 2019, 04:22:52 »
I had a similar problem when I chipped a tooth years ago.  They tried caps twice, which both popped off in short order, then just ground down the tooth.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #53 on: 05 June 2019, 21:40:44 »
Alrighty everyone.  Sorry for the delay.

After my ankle healed, I found out the store I was running the campaign at suddenly closed for "restructuring"...I've been running around trying to find other places close by that have enough space to run events.

After much consideration, I've decided to relocate to a place called Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn, VA.  I understand that this change in venue will probably make the trip for some too inconvenient and won't be able to participate.

With the change in location, I was thinking about starting up a new campaign in place of the one we've been running.  I have several ideas, but I am open to requests.  Until a decision is made, I was going to run a few one-shot scenarios to maybe hook a few new people in and to get them up to speed on the rules of the game and such.

Let me know either in the comments or by PM what sort of campaign you all would be interested in running.

Until then, stay frosty!

Sincerely,
Jester

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
Re: Battletech Beatdowns in Northern VA
« Reply #54 on: 10 June 2019, 12:15:53 »
Ok, I will be hosting a grinder style game this coming Saturday June the 15th.  Players of all experience are welcome.  You can bring your own mechs and materials if you want.  Custom mechs will be allowed.

Just want to have a fun time and maybe hook some new people in to get a good core group of players built up for a campaign in the future.

No guts, no galaxy!

Sincerely,
Jester

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #55 on: 10 June 2019, 13:00:40 »
Ok, I will be hosting a grinder style game this coming Saturday June the 15th.  Players of all experience are welcome.  You can bring your own mechs and materials if you want.  Custom mechs will be allowed.

Just want to have a fun time and maybe hook some new people in to get a good core group of players built up for a campaign in the future.

No guts, no galaxy!

Sincerely,
Jester
Probably can't make it this time (daddy duty), but for those that can, what time are you thinking?
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #56 on: 10 June 2019, 14:26:36 »
Thanks for reminding me there wantec.

The place the grinder will be held is Huzzah Hobbies.  Start time is 1 PM.  I figure 4-5 hours should be enough time to get a good number of turns in.

I'll be bringing in record sheets of some really common Clan and Inner Sphere mechs along with a random assortment of other things.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 14:39:57 by Jester006 »

Grognard

• Lieutenant
  • BTU.org & LotB.com Member
« Reply #57 on: 10 June 2019, 23:49:05 »
I wish y'all weren't so far north.  You're closer to PA than to Fredericksburg

GROGNARD:  An old, grumpy soldier, a long term campaigner (Fr); Someone who enjoys playing tactics and strategy based board wargames;  a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game (RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #58 on: 11 June 2019, 21:49:15 »
I wish y'all weren't so far north.  You're closer to PA than to Fredericksburg

I assure you that Fredericksburg is closer to Huzzah hobbies than PA is  :) If you are interested in carpooling in the future you can send me PM.  I'm not going to make it up that direction this week.

Jester006

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #59 on: 16 June 2019, 12:15:35 »
Alrighty.  Next game is Saturday June 22nd at Huzzah Hobbies.  Start time is 1 PM.

Scenario is House Marik has been developing a new weapon and the Capellans are looking to crash the party.

You can bring your favorite mech set in the time frame of the Fedcom Civil War or take what's available from the preconstructed forces.

Register