Author Topic: (Answered) Rotary/Ultra ACs using Targeting Computers in Battlemech Manual  (Read 1806 times)

WarrenLocke

• Recruit
There appeared to be a consensus in the threads I could find prior to the release of the Battlemech Manual that Ultra and Rotary Autocannon would get the TN bonus from a Targeting Computer even when firing multiple shots. However the language appears to have been clarified in the Manual to prohibit this.

Specifically Targeting Computers say they do not provide a benefit to any weapon making a Cluster or Flak attack (pp114), and the definition of Rapid-Fire weapons specify that when firing multiple shots in a single attack, the attack is considered a Cluster weapon (pp97) as opposed to earlier language where rapid fire weapons were described as resolving like a cluster weapon.

This would seem to indicate that you only get the TN bonus for Rapid Fire weapons if you only fire a single shot. Am I correct in this interpretation?
« Last Edit: 20 February 2018, 19:21:29 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Rotary/Ultra ACs using Targeting Computers in Battlemech Manual
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2018, 19:21:22 »
That's a mistake in the BMM, the result of an overzealous attempt to clarify and standardize weapon type wording.  Replace the first couple of sentences of the second paragraph with the following:

"When firing multiple shots in a single attack (i.e. “rapid-firing”), the weapon consumes ammo and creates heat for each shot fired; whether any hit is irrelevant."
« Last Edit: 20 February 2018, 22:35:33 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register