Author Topic: Clan Protectorate  (Read 202186 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Clan Protectorate
« Reply #1260 on: 07 March 2024, 21:29:08 »
Of them working together, that is a matter of politics. Of the capability, it is definitely there.

Having the potential to do something is not the same thing as doing it. By that logic, pretty much any faction can reverse-engineer just about anything if they really wanted to and the FWL is hardly a unique snowflake in that regard, but that's simply not how BattleTech works on a general level. And there is absolutely no evidence that exists to suggest that the FWL is producing Coronas in any way, shape or form.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2024, 21:31:52 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1261 on: 07 March 2024, 22:39:00 »
 Like the original university, if the League can get interested entities to work through the university it will function well. This includes in reverse engineering Clan Tech.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2024, 22:46:53 by Minemech »

Krachenvogel

• Recruit
« Reply #1262 on: 08 March 2024, 06:25:58 »
As much as I love the Corona SRM, it feels like a real reach for the Scorchers to have any. I think I'll stick to Phalanx, maybe with a point of Kopis and Xiphos each. The Kopis anti-infantry variant looks pretty nasty.

Thanks for the advice!

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1263 on: 08 March 2024, 08:01:24 »
As much as I love the Corona SRM, it feels like a real reach for the Scorchers to have any. I think I'll stick to Phalanx, maybe with a point of Kopis and Xiphos each. The Kopis anti-infantry variant looks pretty nasty.

Thanks for the advice!
It would not be a reach at all, the standard Corona is available to all Inner Sphere Clans, though the SRM version is Star Adder only. This means it is just a matter of if the Foxes or Wolves provided them to the unit in some form. Potentially even Nova Cat survivors.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1264 on: 08 March 2024, 10:50:00 »
Also, the Scorchers are an elite Spec Ops unit. If any group in the Protectorate is gonna have an excuse for non-standard Battlearmor, it'll be them. Especially since they can beg/borrow/Trial of Possession it. The MUL isnt the end all be all for unit assignment. They can hack a custom together if they really need to.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1265 on: 08 March 2024, 15:28:35 »

Corona is one of the classic Battle Armor designs, it's widespread among all Clans and is a staple product in Sea Fox (and others') catalogue

If Scorchers decide they need Coronas all they have to do is get the box of germanium ready, log on to chatterweb, place an order on Amazon IIC and wait 2-6 weeks for dropship to land

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1266 on: 08 March 2024, 15:56:29 »
Corona is one of the classic Battle Armor designs, it's widespread among all Clans and is a staple product in Sea Fox (and others') catalogue

Literally none of this is accurate. It's not a "classic" design (it only hit production in 3060 and was only used by a few Clans at that time) and was never "widespread among all Clans", it doesn't appear on a single Clan's RATs in the Dark Age/ilClan era with the sole exception of the Scorpions (the RATs aren't the end-all-be-all, yes, but between them and the production facility listings, they're an excellent starting point), and it certainly isn't a "staple product" of the Foxes because they don't have the ability to produce them. No one does beyond the Star Adders and maybe the Cobras.

Do they exist in some form in the Inner Sphere? Of course they do. Do they exist in enough numbers that they're being sold by their owners to interested parties? Not very likely, given their rarity. Are they being produced by anyone outside of the Adders? Not that we've seen thus far. But like anything else, they can be salvaged or taken in a ToP, and there's room for a one-off sale here or there.

« Last Edit: 08 March 2024, 16:02:26 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1267 on: 08 March 2024, 16:08:13 »

It's 1.5 ton century old armor not McKenna warship, it's getting made no problem

Behold:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/8613/corona-heavy-battle-armor-sqd5

« Last Edit: 08 March 2024, 16:10:40 by Fire Scorpion IIC »

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1268 on: 08 March 2024, 16:20:51 »
It's 1.5 ton century old armor not McKenna warship, it's getting made no problem

Behold:

http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/8613/corona-heavy-battle-armor-sqd5

Being on the MUL doesn't mean they're being produced by the faction that uses them.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1269 on: 08 March 2024, 17:29:58 »
Being on the MUL doesn't mean they're being produced by the faction that uses them.

accurate

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1270 on: 09 March 2024, 13:02:59 »

Thanks for the advice!

Also remember the Republic, who the Spirit Cats originate from along with Kara's pony enclave, had Grenadiers.  I THINK they had some figs of them in MWDA too.  So you can vary up your SRM BA flavors if that appeals, or ignore them for uniformity.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #1271 on: 10 March 2024, 20:01:20 »
Also remember the Republic, who the Spirit Cats originate from along with Kara's pony enclave, had Grenadiers.  I THINK they had some figs of them in MWDA too.  So you can vary up your SRM BA flavors if that appeals, or ignore them for uniformity.

Grenadiers were never made into a clix piece, I just bought some IWM ones the other day because I didn't have any clix ones to convert.

The author of the Kara's Scorcher's article shared with me his ideal supernova layout of the unit. No Coronas present. Of course, it's not technically canon as it hasn't appeared in any published sources.
Clan Protectorate

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #1272 on: 11 March 2024, 08:10:18 »
...So what did they give as a layout then? Curious minds want to know. :D
« Last Edit: 12 March 2024, 08:35:50 by Istal_Devalis »

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1273 on: 11 March 2024, 09:15:48 »

It's too bad Corona is so rare in the IS.  The MPL in the prime variant makes a star of them one of the ultimate area denial units in the game. 
« Last Edit: 11 March 2024, 09:23:21 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1274 on: 11 March 2024, 09:50:13 »
It's too bad Corona is so rare in the IS.  The MPL in the prime variant makes a star of them one of the ultimate area denial units in the game.
It would neither break the Commonwealth nor the League to have them as an addition. It would probably end up like the Quirinus on my bench, getting play but not every game (That is in games where BA is employed, especially scenario and campaign play). Combine players would love teaming them up with their suits.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2024, 14:23:32 by Minemech »

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #1275 on: 12 March 2024, 06:15:34 »
...all they have to do is get the box of germanium ready, log on to chatterweb, place an order on Amazon IIC and wait 2-6 weeks for dropship to land

3150s are a great time to be alive.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1276 on: 12 March 2024, 07:36:57 »
3150s are a great time to be alive.
It is too late, the Inner Sphere chassis has been augmented with Clan tech. Maybe not the Amazon specifically, but...

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #1277 on: 13 March 2024, 18:50:22 »
...So what did they give as a layout then? Curious minds want to know. :D
EDIT: Got permission. Just remember this isn't official canon, just headcanon of the author of that article.

Sariah Vozka's in the Centurion and Dyan Nova Cat was supposed to be in the Sarath B. I've agree to paint up the Supernova eventually once I get some other projects done.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2024, 18:56:46 by Spirit Cat Refugee »
Clan Protectorate

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #1278 on: 13 March 2024, 18:58:07 »
... so where the hell is Kara Fletcher supposed to be? Don't tell me she's been relegated to duty off the field of combat. That's so sad.

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #1279 on: 13 March 2024, 19:53:20 »
... so where the hell is Kara Fletcher supposed to be? Don't tell me she's been relegated to duty off the field of combat. That's so sad.

She would be leading Spade Star as the Point one in the Rabid BA Point A. Since She's a Star Colonel she's in charge of the entire Supernova, and Spade Star rides Heart Star into battle.
Clan Protectorate

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1280 on: 13 March 2024, 22:23:19 »
Where are the Ogres?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Minemech

• Captain
« Reply #1281 on: 13 March 2024, 22:48:11 »
Where are the Ogres?
Dropship defense.

Spirit Cat Refugee

• Sergeant
  • Still alive
« Reply #1282 on: 24 March 2024, 09:41:54 »
So on Thursday there was a recent interview with Randall Bills where he said he's still working on a Nova Cat/Spirit Cats novel...

I think we'll be seeing Kisho again soon.
Clan Protectorate

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #1283 on: 24 March 2024, 10:35:29 »
So on Thursday there was a recent interview with Randall Bills where he said he's still working on a Nova Cat/Spirit Cats novel...

Good to know, wonder if it will lead to the Clan Protectorate becoming part of the new Star League and Clan Nova Cat being a recognised clan once again.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #1284 on: 24 March 2024, 15:56:06 »

It's great...  but I am also having flashbacks to exactly what it took to get the Founding of the Clans.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1285 on: 24 March 2024, 17:31:49 »
It's great...  but I am also having flashbacks to exactly what it took to get the Founding of the Clans.

Lol, I regularly posted on that . . .
Colt Ward

Register