Author Topic: Record Sheets: Operation Klondike  (Read 9194 times)

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
« on: 07 June 2011, 23:42:38 »
This thread is for all issues and problems with Record Sheets: Operation Klondike.

Product Link: http://bg.battletech.com/?wpsc-product=record-sheets-operation-klondike

Please remember to follow the errata report template when reporting issues.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2012, 01:44:16 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2011, 19:33:41 »
Record Sheets: Klondike, PDF, Copyright 2010
Page 90, STU-K5b Stuka

Problem
Mounts PPCs, not ER PPCs.  Klondike page 161 specifies ER PPCs.  In addition, the heat sinks seem to be intended to deal with the heat from the ER PPCs.  60 dissipation will sink everything on the sheet itself and then some.

As a consequence of this problem, the BV is wrong.  It was figured for the PPCs, not ER PPCs.  To make this more complicated, the incorrect BV was also carried into the MUL BV 1.0 PDF and the MUL database.

Solution
Replace PPCs with ER PPCs and redo the BV, then replace it in the two MUL publications.  I have my own math for that value available on request; it can be sent via email or PM as preferred if requested.

Errata Coordinator: No need for the BV calculations.  I'll update the rules thread with BV etiquette though so this question doesn't arise again.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 09 June 2011, 00:19:52 by Xotl »

The Mighty ACHOO

• Major
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2011, 20:54:43 »
Two items, both unfortunately both TRO and Original Book Related

ER Small Laser - For some reason in the book they made a point of stating that the weappn heat is 2. This is the same as the "standard" later IS version. Should the heat be 3 instead? Also, listed range values have Short 2, Medium 4, Long 6. This long range vaule is better that the IS equivalent. Is this correct?

Streak SRM-4 and Streak SRM-6 list ranges of 0/4/8/12, but the book does not indicate that the Klondike Streak SRM prototypes have longer ranges that a standard SRM. Is this range value correct?
If you are waiting for me to go out of my mind you will have to wait. The exits are not clearly marked and the doors open the wrong way. Oh, and the doors are trapped!

Martius

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2012, 04:01:31 »
Griffin 4N, pg. 36.

Problem: Two different Variants carrying the same designation.

There is also a GRF-4N mentioned in TRO 3085  (pg. 238) and it has a record sheet on pg. 62 RS: 3085 Project Phoenix.

Bad_Syntax

• Lieutenant
    • Battletech Engineer
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2012, 19:32:09 »
Griffin 4N, pg. 36.

Problem: Two different Variants carrying the same designation.

There is also a GRF-4N mentioned in TRO 3085  (pg. 238) and it has a record sheet on pg. 62 RS: 3085 Project Phoenix.

Based on the fluff description on p159 of Klondike, the RS Klondike version should be the GRF-2N, not the 4N.  That one fix repairs all the duplicate names.

There are 2 record sheets for the Von Luckner.  One says Royal, the other Star League, yet both are completely identical in every way.

According to the fluff on page 159, there is an LB and an LRM version.

The First record sheet is incorrect, it should be the LB version of the Von Luckner.  The 2nd record sheet is correct.

HER-1Sb Hermes, Page 34.  1 Ferro-Fibrous isn't allocated, should probably be in Left Torso.
HOP-4Cb Hoplite, Page 38, 1 point short on armor, CT needs 1 more, either CT or CTR (probably CTR to match the Hoplite C).

On to the IndustrialMechs:
ED-X2 armed variants, both Harvester Ants, both PowerMan/Buster armed variants.  These all show cockpit as standard, but it should be primitive (no ejection).  They should also have a note they have advanced fire control.  This could have just been a limitation to whatever app printed them at the time, but it should be noted.

All 3 Powerman variants and all 3 Buster variants have commercial armor, yet there is no note to them being "BAR 5" on the sheet like on the earlier Harvester Ants.

EGL-R6b should have 3 more points of armor (14.5 tons * 16 * 1.12 = 259.84, rounded to 259... only 256 are currently allocated).
« Last Edit: 22 June 2015, 00:32:25 by Xotl »
Battletech Engineer
Disclaimer:  Anything I post here, or anywhere else, can freely be used by anybody, anywhere, for any purposes without any compenstation to or recognition of myself.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #5 on: 05 April 2012, 05:23:41 »
Thunderbolt TDR-5Sb, page 45:

Design is 0.5 ton over-weight.

Suggested solution:

Remove head-mounted small laser, and adjust BV.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2012, 10:27:21 »
Firefly variant preceding the FFL-3SLE Firefly is missing.  Suggest designation of FFL-3A.  Described as replacing the ECM Suite with TAG and a half-ton of armor.  Adding a half-ton of armor is impossible as the armor is already max, so I suggest switching from Ferro-Fibrous to standard.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2014, 13:42:01 »
p. 21
Thorn THE-Nb, the Star League didn't have ER Medium Lasers and Historical Operation Klondike doesn't mention it as anything other than a medium laser.
Replace ER Medium Laser with standard Medium Laser.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2015, 00:33:18 by Xotl »
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

SilverSword

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 29 December 2019, 00:03:04 »
RS Operation Klondike - PDF version, pg. pg. 54 AND Historical Turning Points: Operation Klondike - PDF version, pg 175
Annihilator ANH-1G

Total armor is 1 ton over weight.
Total armor points:296, standard armor
Armor weight: 18.5 tons

Based on the fluff text in HTPOK, "Clans Coyote and Star Adder both fielded a modified Annihilator after putting lessons learned during the Pentagon Campaign to practice. Identifying it as the ANH-1G, their technicians removed all of the existing weapons, as well as half a ton of armor, to instead mount an ER PPC and three Gauss rifles."

Note: I just found the missing ton in the form of 2 CASE locations, but find it odd these would be removed considering gauss rifle explosion.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2019, 00:06:53 by SilverSword »

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2021, 12:11:57 »
RS Operation Klondike - PDF version, pg 85

The Corsair CSR-V12b is one ton underweight.

Suggestion - 1 ton more fuel, or add back in the 2 aft small lasers the V12 has.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2022, 12:48:48 »
There are 2 record sheets for the Von Luckner.  One says Royal, the other Star League, yet both are completely identical in every way.

According to the fluff on page 159, there is an LB and an LRM version.

The First record sheet is incorrect, it should be the LB version of the Von Luckner.  The 2nd record sheet is correct.

Dev-level clarification: the opposite is true. The first record sheet (Royal variant) is correct. The second record sheet (Star League) should be the AC/20 variant.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!