Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Wrangler on Today at 23:01:01 »
source
Lmao.  This is the kind of answer that's why CGL can't shake their image as a fly-by-night bunch of amateurs.

Seems like a perfectly sensible answer given the minis are produced by two different groups?
Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by Daemion on Today at 22:57:08 »
It is too bad that it didn't get more optioned out of it.  Having watched it all the way through, now, it is much better and less hokey than Power Rangers of the time.  And there is a great Mech battle during the first half of the two-part finale.

"Lucius, use the Force..."
Nah, it effectively reduces the water game to rocket tag between quasi Savannah Master expies (and as an accidental side effect means the existing canon submarine designs, from the Manta & Moray to the Neptune, nonsensible in retrospect

Brown and green water warfare feels very one-note since it ends up boiling down to who has more Submarine Masters with few other tactical considerations.  I tried to rectify this with navy-themed equipment years ago, and while it helped a bit with variety it still fell short (Submarine Master Superiority remained). 
Fan Fiction / Re: Opalescent Reflections
« Last post by Giovanni Blasini on Today at 22:48:31 »
Actually, in the foreword of the House Davion sourcebook, the writer says the following:

So it's highly probable there are actual descendants of Stefan Amaris around, children born from his concubines.

What's funny is that they (the steel vipers) thought there was just one descendant. How does that make sense at all?

Worse, in this case, they're not just going for descendants of Stefan Amaris, but, just ask Kerensky had all members of the Amaris family that the SLDF could find executed, the Clans have pledged to eliminate anyone with any blood or genetic relation to Stefan Amaris.  That means going back to common ancestors.

That doesn't take long: in the real world, you need only go back to the ninth century for everyone of European descent to have a common set of ancestors, even if in many cases they no longer have any of their genetic material.
Fan Articles / Re: Armchair Analyst: The Hermes I
« Last post by Starfury on Today at 22:47:27 »
Nice article @Darthmetool.  The Hermes is fairly typical of Marik 3050 and earlier lights, combining fast ground speed with a scout focused armament. You can add one to a Marik scout lance as a command mech combined with Fleas and Locusts, a heavy scout for heavier units, or as a nasty backstabber with the 3057 and later units.
Heavy APCs are cheap and do the job well enough... that said, Worktroll has a really good point too! :)

Agreed on both counts.

Heavy APC isn't something I normally run in my games but its for sure something I fluff as most Militia using.

Meanwhile WT mentioned the Mantef-D above which is a beast & I love it, but, I also don't own the mini & would find some issue with justifying my cheapo mercs having access to them with their "new" (for the CI/CW eras) production limited house access & pricey XL engine when those mercs can use ICE powered cheapo Maxims/Karnovs that are more effective than the Heavy APC lines but also not touching the XL-HeavyOmni pricetag either.

That said, for a 1-off game playing FedCom House unit in the Jihad,  oh yes, please, she is PURTY.

Off Topic / Re: Anyone else remember Hypernauts?
« Last post by beachhead1985 on Today at 22:31:06 »
Ho-lee-cow...

YES I REMEMBER THIS SHOW!

...I did not remember the title, but the show? Yes. I remember thinking it was pretty okay for the time. I only caught it a few times, but I *think* that was actually on YTV, up in Canada? Could have been ABC as well, but I think it was YTV.
Hellraiser, how do your Karnovs survive when the heat is on?
Surprisingly well actually  :smilie_happy_thumbup:

Of course, I tend to use Flank Speed (or Sprint if that rule is in use) and blocking terrain for a turn or 2 to get them to deployment point & then RUN AWAY RUN AWAY for the rest of the game to my own backfield & hide.

I use my Karnovs for their large cargo room & ability to go over hills/trees, but if they heat is on, they drop & hide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Register