Author Topic: Dervish DV-6M too late to be in Reunification War RATs?  (Read 951 times)

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
I’m a big fan of Historical: Reunification War.  But there may be an issue here - it lists the DV-6M as an option for the Terran Hegemony, Capellan Confederation, Draconis Combine, and Federated Suns in the random allocation tables on pg. 171.  There’s broader availability of the primitive DV-1S, which is fine.  But the MUL has production of the -6M starting in 2610, over a decade after the Reunification War. 

What and when is the origin of the -6M?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Dervish DV-6M too late to be in Reunification War RATs?
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2023, 16:24:08 »
This is an MUL question. We’re looking at it.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2023, 12:25:46 »
Thanks. It’s possible that the older TROs give that 2610 date, but the newer TRO: Succession Wars is compatible with Historical: Reunification War. e.g.:

“Although given a major update later in the twenty-sixth century…”
“During the Reunification War, funds provided by the Terran Hegemony allowed the other League Member States to upgrade their last original-model Dervishes, generally found lingering in backwater militias, to the DV-6M standard.”

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2023, 12:31:31 »
There are a couple other references to sort through as well as our own internal documentation. An update will be posted to the MUL thread and any potential errata to their own threads, if necessary

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2023, 08:48:11 »
Hi,

There previously existed multiple sources that conflicted with one another. With one of those sources now having been errata'd, we've made the decision to adjust the introductory date as posted here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/errata/master-unit-list-mul-announcement-thread/msg1920604/#msg1920604

Thank you.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

carlisimo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 23 March 2023, 12:52:31 »
Much appreciated!