Author Topic: Need some help with Dark Age pins  (Read 35785 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
Re: Need some help with Dark Age pins
« Reply #30 on: 11 July 2013, 12:13:16 »
One-Eyed Jack was the promo. He came from an issue of (I believe) PC Gamer, thought it might have been a more traditional-game oriented magazine like The Duelist.

Erin Johnston was available in boosters. My buddy and I opened one in the case we split a few years back.

That's how I got my Johnston as well, via one of the big starter-boxes that contained two starter boxes and two extra uniques (and I really wish I still had those boxes... casualties of a previous apartment's flooding issues, sadly). She came along with the Highlander Ryoken II and a Swordsworn Panther in that first box I got, along with a MiningMech of some sort.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

radiationexposed

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 13 July 2013, 00:48:36 »
it wasn't enough to show the pins and patches in the shadowbox area...   but then you have to show the inside  [notworthy]
Looking for Mechwarrior Clix games in So. Cal.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: 26 July 2013, 10:56:15 »
You know, the funny thing is for me, a lot of the really tough to get stuff in the early sets is easier to get now because a lot of people who started the game went up from DA to LI or FFE etc. and when they sell a collection, that's what you find. Goodies in the later era sets are harder to find unless somebody is clearing out a dedicated army like a Dominion or Clan Wolf force or something. But then I guess, you can get most anything for a price.

As for the box, glad you guys like it! I've added a few new things to the inside since last time but I wanted to show the officer's club pins I got with the help of a really great guy. I don't think I've ever seen them photographed next to the rest so it's pretty cool to be able to compare it all.

Down to the final 3 for me.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 26 July 2013, 11:17:00 »
Just to torment you, I have 2 of the 3 you're missing.  :D

Nice kit.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
  • Head Executor at Shaitan's Fist, Local 38
« Reply #34 on: 26 July 2013, 14:17:53 »
Wow mate, I've never even seen two of those officer's club pins. Man, great work.

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2013, 16:28:30 »
I wish I could help you out. I know I had a Tybalt Crane pin for the longest time, as I distinctly remember winning Fellowship in that campaign (mainly because most of my friends at the store knew how badly I wanted that Republic LE). Sadly, I have no idea where it ended up, though. The only pin I still have is my Saxon Champion pin from Addicks 2.
Kisho lives

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 31 July 2013, 22:41:51 »
Ya'll got me inspired to get out the mess of pins I have and get them organized.  Kinda surprised it took me this long.  Turns out I have a ton of pins, but am still missing 27 because what I have, I have in doubles and triples.  Oh well.  However, I came across another set of pins labeled "Khan's Road."  Would any of you happen to know what that refers to?  I presume it's Battletech, but it could be anything I guess.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 01 August 2013, 03:51:04 »
The Khan's Road was a Mage Knight storyline campaign.

Elusive

• Recruit
« Reply #38 on: 01 August 2013, 20:38:58 »
Aw . . . Suddenly they are less cool.  Thank you for the help.

Clan Nova Cat: If it weren't for bad fate, we'd have no fate at all.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 01 August 2013, 21:12:50 »
Take a look at Sigma's case. If it isn't in there, or it's one of the few he's missing, it's a Mage Knight campaign pin.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: 05 August 2013, 17:56:45 »
To help out with the ID, I was able to finally track down a decent photo of the last 3 pins, no luck finding any of them available though.

Capt4in

• Corporal
  • Clix Veteran, CBT Newbie
« Reply #41 on: 06 August 2013, 20:42:54 »
Yeah, I definitely had that Crane Fellowship pin back in the day, but I have no idea what happened to it. Sorry :(
Kisho lives

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: 13 August 2013, 22:55:38 »
So it goes man. I know one thing I'm kicking myself about. I saw a joust tank with a weird pin, so I decided to check if it was a Mage Knight pin. Well it was, but in looking around I also learned that I missed not one but TWO Fox Fellowship pins over the last month because they were mislabeled as Mage Knight pins when they were sold.  [##]

glendel

• Recruit
« Reply #43 on: 01 September 2013, 10:14:52 »
Okay Sigma got me interested in pins again. I just recently starting going through all my sets to ensure I finished them, have found some gaps in mechs and cards so working on that. Forgot all about my pins until I came across this post.

So, here goes. I had all the pins. (played A LOT back in the day). Set them aside so as not to lose them, wellllll...... I lost them. Some place in my house but lost none the less. Got my extras out that I gave my daughter and was able to come up with all the pins aside from 2:

Addicks 2 Champion Saxon
and
Tybalt Fellowship Crane

I have only a couple extras to trade with as I just used all my extras to make a new set:
Ronel Champion JES II (x2)
Ronel Fellowship Scimitar (x2)

Had to edit post, new here and noticed rule #10 do not offer to buy, trade or sell on forums. So let's see here. How to do this with proper etiquette. I am missing 2 pins listed above, PM me if we can help each other out.

Anyone in the Tacoma Washington area with extra game figures and cards on hand?

Nic
« Last Edit: 01 September 2013, 10:53:27 by glendel »

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 16 September 2013, 22:34:46 »
I did find out that I do have all the Mage Knight campaign pins. The MechWarrior pins I'm missing I can only assume those were when the other BattleMaster filled in for me.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2013, 04:14:10 »
I finally completed my set. Just waiting for the missing ones in the mail. I'll get pics up when I do, then probably post a trade list over at LordsoftheBattlefield with my spares. >:D

Also saw some on ebay recently, somebody had some of the fellowship and champion pins up that were a pain to get like the maxim. glendel, saw a Saxon pin there too.

glendel

• Recruit
« Reply #46 on: 19 September 2013, 20:05:30 »
Thanks!  :)

It's on bid not buy out so I'm watching it. Still have not looked for my full set around the house, so if I find it then I will list my extras as well.

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
Re: Need some help with Dark Age pins (SET COMPLETE!)
« Reply #47 on: 26 September 2013, 20:59:41 »
The final case. Will get a better picture later.

And inside is stuff for my classic battletech case, patch case, and classic tournament once I get them started. ;)
« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 15:57:45 by Sigma »

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #48 on: 27 September 2013, 08:06:17 »
 [applause] Nicely done!

Sigma

• Captain
  • N-scale Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: 08 October 2013, 16:04:26 »
Update with a better pic and also including my MF, VW, and Tourney pins.

VWWolfPack

• Recruit
« Reply #50 on: 11 February 2014, 23:04:53 »
Bumping this back up to the top...

New member here from Olympia, WA...just happened across this site recently. I am a former WizKids BattleMaster/Game Envoy from 2003-2008 (I'm 31 now) with a near-complete collection of this game (just missing the cancelled Deception Vixen and the gold Pre-Release Monica Pretorius Star Captain card...I have one of every 'Mech, vehicle, and card and three of every non-unique infantry as well as two DropShips). I was big into this game when it was out and collected freakin' everything....all 30 novels, terrain sets, dice, you name it. Your pin setup is very nicely done. There are, however, a number of other pins not represented there. All of the original Dark Age tournament-prize LE's had a pin that came with them. They have the LE name and a graphic of sorts. I remember frantically trying to acquire everything just as the game series was put on a hiatus. The pin for Jonah Levin's Atlas was the last one I acquired...some kid at the local comic shop somehow had one of them!

I put all my stuff in long-term storage, but could get into the box that has all that fairly easily if you would like pics.

I have all sorts of other interesting items...various posters and advertisements, unreleased promo figs, etc. Best one is from a backroom dealing at the Games Matrix in Tacoma, WA...a super-early convention promo unplayable House Kurita Tundra Wolf. i used to be friends with one of the final National Tournament winners...Gary Pedersen, who has a 'Mech and card in his likeness. I still see him around town here from time to time. I would be glad to share my info to do my part in keeping this game series relevant. I have a large file of unsorted game documents that I saved from back then...it has been transferred to a different computer twice so far!

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 12 February 2014, 18:22:43 »
Share! I love learning more about the game lore and seeing tidbits that didn't get wide production.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 12 February 2014, 18:42:34 »
I don't recall any pins until the Campaigns started with the mail-in LEs and participation. The Atlas pin is part of the Addicks set.

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: 22 April 2014, 08:56:14 »
Necroing this thread, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

I'm happy to report that nearly a full year after this thread was posted I am down to only missing two pins! I'm building a custom display that is going to shadow-box the pins with the tournament prize mechs as well. I've pretty much retired from the game but am still a loyalist and want to show off a bit.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 22 April 2014, 14:01:02 »
What are you missing?

darkminstrel

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 23 April 2014, 09:56:08 »
What are you missing?

Addicks Champion: Atlas

Battle For Achernar: Wolf

I know there's a Wolf on feebay right now but my paypal is tapped untill a deadbeat bidder pays me. The Atlas pin I've not seen in a very, very long time.

Greywind

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 23 April 2014, 10:37:22 »
Addicks Champion: Atlas

Battle For Achernar: Wolf

I know there's a Wolf on feebay right now but my paypal is tapped untill a deadbeat bidder pays me. The Atlas pin I've not seen in a very, very long time.

Sorry. Can't help with either.

MightyBolamite

• Corporal
« Reply #57 on: 29 October 2014, 18:46:13 »
I found this while searching for the DA pins. Very nice collection, I am super jealous.

Is this the only known place to find a picture of the pins (I know its not all of them... right?) or has someone archived what they look like?

Eugenevodea

• Recruit
« Reply #58 on: 12 June 2015, 02:26:38 »
You still missing any? I really like your collection.
 I have one I have not seen anywhere else, I'll try to get a picture soon... It is a gold toned 1" circle with a gear design just inside the rim an a big MW in the center with the right leg of the M and the adjacent leg of the W obscured by a mech silhouette, perhaps a MadCat. the base of the medallion has to rings where is hung a rectangular, gold tone, medallion 1" across and 1/2" high with "2002" on it.

I have two full sets of the basic pins with a bunch of extras but do not recognize the ones in your separate frame.

Eugenevodea

• Recruit
« Reply #59 on: 29 June 2015, 07:10:35 »
OK, I attached a picture of some of my pins, anyone with information on the far left one?

Thanks