Author Topic: What to do with bondsman?  (Read 1569 times)

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
What to do with bondsman?
« on: 07 November 2018, 13:49:21 »
Been playing a campaign in MekHQ and got a few bondsman, i'm wondering what do I do with them? I understand Prisoners (recruit the ones you want/can and ransom the rest).
But you can not do that with bondsman, so what do you do with them? 

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: What to do with bondsman?
« Reply #1 on: 07 November 2018, 17:58:38 »
Speaking more from a fluff perspective than a MekHQ perspective, You should be releasing (or classifying as prisoners) pilots who aren't exceptional enough to merit the honor of a bondcord, and those you do issue a bondcord to, should be given a lower caste (non-warrior) job in order to prove themselves worthy of having their cords cut and graduating back into being a pilot within your forces.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2018, 21:18:49 »
and here I thought this was a set up for a joke... what ARE the top 10 things you can do with a captured bondsman?
Agent # 703

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2018, 06:32:00 »
#1 use them to glue broken 'mech parts together.

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2018, 08:09:00 »
#2. Use them after the bar fight to get out of jail.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2018, 19:23:42 by Robroy »

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 09 November 2018, 16:29:23 »
#3 Fire them out of a mass driver cannon to bombard your enemies from orbit (the Smoke Jaguar answer)
Agent # 703