Author Topic: Introductory Box Set: 24X Tokens For Maptools Or Table Top  (Read 3703 times)

RiTz21

• Private
    • The Only Sheet
Introductory Box Set: 24X Tokens For Maptools Or Table Top
« on: 26 February 2013, 21:47:22 »
I recently purchased the Introductory Box Set and created hexagonal Tokens for the 24 mechs included in that set. These tokens can either be used in Maptool OR printed out to denote starting position of specific mechs in the table top game. You can get them here.

RiTz21

Weirdguy

• Sergeant
Re: Introductory Box Set: 24X Tokens For Maptools Or Table Top
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2013, 06:30:40 »
Nice, but I have a suggestion to somebody who is overly enthusiastic.  Make counters like this one.

RiTz21

• Private
    • The Only Sheet
« Reply #2 on: 27 February 2013, 14:27:51 »
Nice, but I have a suggestion to somebody who is overly enthusiastic.  Make counters like this one.

Those counters are already available, for the 24x Battlemechs, in the free Introductory Box Set Record Sheets (& Counters) PDF found in the download section... Obviously, that is not what I wanted!! Those 'stand up' tokens are useless in Maptool...

RiTz21

Weirdguy

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2013, 15:42:17 »
Then I missed the reason for the post.  Sorry about that.

I just have never head of anything called Maptools, which I assumed was just some kind of photoshop program.

RiTz21

• Private
    • The Only Sheet
« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2013, 23:40:36 »
Then I missed the reason for the post.  Sorry about that.

I just have never head of anything called Maptools, which I assumed was just some kind of photoshop program.

No worries - MapTool is a program that allows people to play together a table-top game. Dungeons & Dragons comes to mind, but MapTool also support Hex maps, meaning that it would also be usable for BattleTech! Consider it a kind of virtual table. Some people in the MapTool community have build specific BattleTech stuff for it... The tokens I made works perfectly in MapTool.

I'd love to try out MapTool to play BattleTech, but I have not met anyone doing that.

As the the other image I created, this is useful as markers of the initial (before mvt) positions of Mechs on the Map :)

RiTz21