Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by PuppyLikesLaserPointers on Today at 02:25:25 »
I was think about offboard artillery so I was assumed +7 rather than +4.
BattleTech Miniatures / By Gaffa's beard!
« Last post by Luciora on Today at 02:16:32 »
Painted up another legendary ghost story, Gaffa's Ghost.  Said to be a museum peice command PPC armed Highlander.   I really should have modded it with the OG head. But at least I was able to use the PPC arm from the metal redesign.

Also made the Blazing Inferno with a plastic Commando.  Feels like I should do with a metal one instead of plastic.
Finally, Multiple Salvos w/ a single LAMS?   Is that a thing outside of AeroTech?
Let us just say I had the recent misfortune of playing against someone using Two Archers, a Raptor (Prime), an Owens, a Striker, and a Turhan. Once that NARC hit, it wasn't fun. So currently I'm on a bit of a madlad tunnel focus about adding L-AMS to just about everything.
Rumor has it there's a sequel to Blood Will Tell in the works and I'm so here for it.

Tom Leveen is writing the next Liao-centric novel, which will be set around the same time as Mike Ciaravella's Trial of Bloodright.
So, if you live in area with wild weather variations(Florida in the US, the city of Melbourne in the Australia that experiences all 4 seasons in a single day), spray primers are just a waste.

I find brushing on primer relaxing, and good for my hands (fends off the incipient RSI.) Given I do battalions, you just get in the groove.
Ground Combat / Re: Clan Large Pulse Lasers
« Last post by Charistoph on Today at 01:40:13 »
I don't know.  Friendly fire's not so bad if you can see the Hex you're hitting.  A +3 is MUCH easier to hit than a +7, after all.

The only question is in weird situations where a nearby hex may cause a hex to be unseeable due to its Level.  I've posted the question up board, but haven't gotten an answer yet.
WoK begs to differ.

Just to provide the reference for anyone w/o WoK--p. 61 "Free speech is discouraged, and nonessential communications are tightly controlled.  Most apartments come with communications equipment, but sophisticated computer systems monitor its use and note any "inappropriate" communications.  The precise definition of "inappropriate" is somewhat nebulous."  It then goes on to describe that the Smoke Jaguars might penalize a laborer for using the Chatterweb to arrange for babysitting while they attended some nonmandatory event, but that the Diamond Sharks prefer seeing what benefits unencumbered communication brings (not that they aren't severely limiting speech thought of as subversive.  The weakness of their spies aside, the Clans are masters at information control within their own.
Wolf Dragoons Blood Reaper, Beta Regiment
Jade Falcon Onager, Vau Galaxy
So, running a campaign for Operation Revival, I needed to have some more Combat Vehicles, particularly I wanted some lighter tanks to support my Pattons.

So I grabbed 2 pairs of Goblins.  As I prepared the list for the latest scenario, I noted that the Goblins had an LRM version.  With the Rocket Launchers I didn't use from the latest Goliath, I decided to make a pair of Goblins (LRM).

The full set:

The "normal" Goblin models from IWM infantry support vehicle model:

And my "upgraded" Goblins (LRM):

I could definitely use a smaller model saw, and some green stuff, but it does work out in looking like a ramshackle field modification.
Fan Articles / Re: Mech of the Week: Deimos
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 01:14:43 »
Not counting designs that use massed one-shot weapons like rocket launchers, is there anything that comes close to the alpha strike overheat level of the B?  Off the top of my head, the worst I can think of is the Kodiak, which hits 30 on an alpha if both streak pods connect.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10