Author Topic: Affilitaion specific stages????  (Read 1876 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Affilitaion specific stages????
« on: 25 March 2013, 13:25:13 »
So will there ever be some affiliation specific stages, ie like Death Commando training, or NAIS training, or will it stay generic?
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Affilitaion specific stages????
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2013, 13:44:51 »
well nais training can be summarized as university training now if your "gm" wants to throw in a "bonus" for nais or other "prestegious" schooling options then I think that falls under whatever works for you

(not not saying it will never occur, just not holding my breath for it)

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
« Reply #2 on: 25 March 2013, 13:53:19 »
Death Commando seems easy enough to do using what is in the book.  Stage 0: Capellan Confederation, Stage 1: Any; Stage 2: Any; Stage 3: Intelligence Operative Training and/or Military Academy/Enlistment; Stage 4: Covert Operations - Capellan Confederation Only.

As for getting more specific modules in future products, I would not hold my breath.  The Era Reports have adjustments for the Affiliations and some other stuff, but no new life modules.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2013, 13:57:59 by Siden Pryde »

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2013, 14:20:08 »
I'd expect everything to stay rather generic (I'm sort of surprised that things like "Goliath Scorpion Seeker" remained in, instead of say, a generic "Explorer" module with a Seeker part). Part of the problem that MW3rd had was the power creep of Life Paths, along with just how many of them there were.

If they were to do Affiliation Specific stages, then they'd have to start doing Affiliation specific stages for everyone. Davion gets a NAIS? Lyrans get a Nagelring. MoC a Canopus Institute of War.

The way its done now allows for it to be flexible enough to cover everyone, without becoming to unwieldy, or having a hundred pages of modules that are superficially similar.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2013, 14:31:36 »
Hi,

So will there ever be some affiliation specific stages, ie like Death Commando training, or NAIS training, or will it stay generic?

There are no plans to do so at this time.

Thanks,

- Herbert Beas

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2013, 21:02:16 »
Hi,

There are no plans to do so at this time.

Thanks,

- Herbert Beas

Thanks!!!!!!
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #6 on: 26 March 2013, 00:16:45 »
Nothing stops you from making your own though.

I love the XP system of AToW, makes it very easy to create your own content for.  Just make sure your module/affiliation pumps out as much XP as it costs the first time and have at.

Register