Author Topic: Lone Wolf and Fox  (Read 187 times)

Swankmotron

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
    • My website
Lone Wolf and Fox
« on: 08 April 2024, 09:35:09 »
Now that all four parts of Lone Wolf and Fox are out, I'm happy to answer any questions about it!

Caesar Steiner for Archon

• Captain
  • I think I'm dehydrated. What day is it?
Re: Lone Wolf and Fox
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2024, 12:19:46 »
How far ahead were you working? Did the audience reception make you rethink anything you had previously planned?

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

Swankmotron

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2024, 09:34:55 »
How far ahead were you working? Did the audience reception make you rethink anything you had previously planned?

Not at all. I wrote the entire book in late 2022 and early 2023 for edits. It was all in one cohesive chunk and complete when I turned it over to Phil for inclusion in Shrapnel.

So, every cliffhanger the story ended on and every turn it took was exactly what I wanted to happen prior to any understanding of how the audience might react save for my own suspicions.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2024, 12:36:55 »
When you had the unit take the contract in the Rasalhague Dominion, did you factor the Rasalhagian/Ghost Bear antipathy towards mercenaries into the local government deciding not to pay the unit upon completion of the mission?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Swankmotron

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2024, 16:07:31 »
When you had the unit take the contract in the Rasalhague Dominion, did you factor the Rasalhagian/Ghost Bear antipathy towards mercenaries into the local government deciding not to pay the unit upon completion of the mission?

I'll be honest, I wrote that story in 2019, and I wasn't as knowledgable about the Dominion as I am now. I think I must have gleaned some of this by then...  But I think I'd write it a little differently if I wrote that story today.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2024, 17:56:49 »
I'll be honest, I wrote that story in 2019, and I wasn't as knowledgable about the Dominion as I am now. I think I must have gleaned some of this by then...  But I think I'd write it a little differently if I wrote that story today.

If that was unintentional, it worked out well.  Representing the Dominion as a place only inexperienced or desperate commands look for work.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.