Author Topic: "Clan-ish" novels and stories in Dark Age ?  (Read 2039 times)

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
"Clan-ish" novels and stories in Dark Age ?
« on: 30 November 2022, 08:28:25 »
I have decided to expand my reading scope, starting with "Surrender Your Dreams", I am looking for a list of what you could describe as a fusion of Clan and Inner Sphere novels and stories, hence the word "Clanish", like the evolution of Wolves, with Annastasia, WIE, Nova Cat, or Spirit Cats, the rise of Sea Fox, Clan Protectorate

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: "Clan-ish" novels and stories in Dark Age ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2022, 08:50:23 »
Children of Kerensky - Novel - Blaine Pardoe
Flight of the Falcon - Novel - Victor Milan
Hunters of the Deep - Novel - Randall Bills
Surrender Your Dreams - Novel - Blaine Pardoe (if you still consider the Fidelis to be Clanners)
Wolf Hunters - Novel - Kevin Killiany
A Rending of Falcons - Novel - Victor Milan
Heretic's Faith - Novel - Randall Bills
Trial by Chaos - Novel - Steven York
A Bonfire of Worlds - Novel - Steven Mohan Jr.  (not purely Clan focused)
Masters of War - Novel - Michael Stackpole (not purely Clan focused)
The Anvil - Novella - Blaine Pardoe (splits focus between Lyrans and Jade Falcons)
Honor's Gauntlet - Novel - Bryan Young
Hour of the Wolf - Novel - Blaine Pardoe
A Question of Survival - Novel - Bryan Young
No Substitute for Victory - Novel - Blaine Pardoe
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #2 on: 01 December 2022, 01:49:36 »
Thanks for that

Yeah, deciding to branch out a bit from strictly Clan novels, have a bit more variety, still a little Clan though.

But I am interested to see the evolution of other players now, like the Cats, Foxes, Steel Wolves, as Jihad/Dark Age and ilClan seems to be an interesting time for said evolution of factions

So after "Surrender Your Dreams" what's the order to read, Hunters of the Deep, Wolf Hunters, Heretics Faith, Masters of War ? As I have read the other ones

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #3 on: 01 December 2022, 04:55:15 »
They overlap, somewhat.  You can find the chronological breakdown here: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/novel-and-sourcebook-reviews/master-chronological-fiction-review-index/60/
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #4 on: 01 December 2022, 10:14:32 »
I'm not sure what you've read so far of the Dark Age, but I'd suggest that starting with "Surrender"--if you haven't already read it--is probably not advisable.

If you haven't already read them and are willing to go back a bit, I'd suggest starting with "Flight of the Falcon" and "Blood of the Isle," as good DA Clan stories, and go from there.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile