Author Topic: List of IS powers and Clantech  (Read 1249 times)

The_Livewire

• Warrant Officer
    • The Livewire's Battletech Blog
List of IS powers and Clantech
« on: 06 July 2020, 08:05:22 »
Ok, caught this in the Recognition Guide thread and got me wondering, but didn't want to derail the thread.

Many of the mixed tech ‘mechs are limited to only having clan tech that the faction is already shown to be producing (in the XTR series, 3145 or 3150 TRs for example).  So if the Lyrams don’t haven clan guards rifles or HAGs, they can’t put one on a Zeus.
I don’t work on the Zeus, so I’m not sure that’s exactly what happened there. But you can’t just flip a switch to mixed tech and put whatever clan tech you want on an IS mech. You had to support your choices, where did that clan tech come from?

So does anyone have a list of who can make what as of 3149?
Alamo - When you care enough to send the very best.

And Purifiers *still* suck.

Now doing battletech blogging
https://livewire2112.blogspot.com/search/label/Battletech

MarauderD

• Major
Re: List of IS powers and Clantech
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2020, 08:19:47 »
I don't have a list, but I can tell you what I know.

FedSuns:  Exostar Pinnacle Lasers are Clantech  (ER Large, Medium, Small, and Small Pulse) and produced in the FedSuns, from the entries for the Black Knight and Vulpes in TRO 3145: FS.

Also, don't forget the Sea Foxes with sell the Clantech Kingston DDS ER PPC to everyone.  (Black Knight, Yinghuochong, and more)

Cheers,

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2020, 08:34:23 »
Shigunga makes Clan LRMs in the Combine, but who knows what else the Combine makes now that they possess all the former Nova Cat production sites.
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2020, 08:41:45 »
StarTek makes streak LRMs in the Suns.
I have spoken.

ravensword

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2020, 13:17:44 »
Here's the list of what I found with my free afternoon:

Exostar is making cMPLs in the FedSuns (TR Prototypes).  They're making clan-spec ER lasers and SPLs as well (TR3150).

GM is making LMGs and Corean is making MG arrays, also in the FedSuns (TR3150).

Robinson Standard BattleWorks is probably making clan DHS for the Black Knight.

The Draconis Combine seems to have gotten most of its clantech from the Nova Cats, so they could be producing just about anything now.  They are confirmed to be producing Cizins on Luthien, and Shigunga is making clantech LRM racks for the Shiro.

The former FWL and the Capellans seem to be buying from the Sea Foxes rather than making their own.

The Lyrans are making some combination of clantech XL engines, LRMs, and ER lasers at Hersperus.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2020, 13:42:38 »
Also, don't forget the Sea Foxes with sell the Clantech Kingston DDS ER PPC to everyone.  (Black Knight, Yinghuochong, and more)

Also the Streak SRM-6s on the Juliano.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2020, 14:19:37 »
the republic is making clan stuff as well.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2020, 14:21:33 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

(SMD)MadCow

• Lieutenant
  • 1st Earl of the Bixby Duchy
« Reply #7 on: 06 July 2020, 15:41:41 »
The Republic's Strix vtol has a Watchdog CEWS.

Hussar2

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 06 July 2020, 17:29:00 »
It seems the Lyrans are producing the Ursa 2C on Tharkad, a completely Clantech design.