Author Topic: Bakeneko BKN-1k  (Read 11281 times)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
Re: Bakeneko BKN-1k
« Reply #30 on: 26 December 2015, 03:39:59 »
As far back as I can remember the UL has never had BT stats listed.  The resources to do so would make the MUL far to massive to do so for every design out there, especially when other resourced out there already do so efficiently.  With regard to your other items:

1)  The AS cards are there for open availability for use.  Without that resource I don't know that one is going to be able to throw a game of AS together fairly quickly without having to do conversions from BT to AS for every unit you would use. 

2)  The skills chart is a way to calculate the various combinations of pilot and gunnery BV without having to do it all by hand.

3)  The misc. items that you otherwise listed are undoubtedly there to make people's lives easier when searching out basic criteria for units based on age, tech base, etc.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #31 on: 26 December 2015, 04:39:09 »
Ahhh.  Thanks!   O0  Again, my my pokey dialup I've never spent much time at the MUL site, and the first few times I tried I couldn't even get it to open.   :(  As such, I'm EXTREMELY unfamiliar with it.   :-[

I don't guess I realized that Gunnery and Piloting skills got as lousy as 7, much less 8!    :o   I thought 5 was "Green" MW skills, so what is 8, someone that has never even driven a car?  Does anyone Intentionally play with skills of 6 or less?  Even in an Atlas, a MW with 8/8 will be mopped up easily by someone in a Locust with 5/5!   #P

Thanks again for the info anyway!   O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #32 on: 26 December 2015, 08:14:44 »
The MUL listed the BF stats prior to the AS stats.

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 03 January 2016, 02:32:24 »
I seem to recall there being more for most units. At least a TRO ref for the record sheets, though this may simply not have been added yet for the bakeneko, I'm not sure the MUL contains all units post jihad...

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #34 on: 03 January 2016, 07:35:53 »
The only data that I am aware is missing is the new Turning Point. The MUL only shows a source image once. In the case of the bakeneko, they are both the same. If you know of something missing, please let us know in the errata thread.

Spenetrator

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 10 January 2016, 04:59:14 »
Nothing specific cavingjan, I don't use the MUL a great deal and I thought I'd seen a thread on here to that effect - so apologies if I'm spreading disinformation! :)

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #36 on: 10 January 2016, 08:47:56 »
And Skirmisher was a BattleTech term long before Alpha Strike ever existed.  See Last decade plus of Intro Box Sets (back to the cardboard grasshopper box) and 4th SW Battlepack.  Alpha Strike adopted them for the same reason those products introduced them, as a way to introduce new players to the huge number of mechs and variants out there.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets