Author Topic: Medium Omni foot issue, need help  (Read 1959 times)

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
Medium Omni foot issue, need help
« on: 17 March 2016, 00:27:23 »
Ok, so I've got an old RP Black Hawk which is obviously slightly smaller than the more recent IWM sculpts.  My issue is several years ago the mech got stepped on and when I got around to getting replacement parts the legs were just fine, but the base with feet molding didn't match up.  Apparently they molded differently the ones in the box set with what I purchased as replacements.  The easiest thing I think of to fix it so it sits correctly now is either chase down a new set of feet molded into the base, which I don't think is in production any longer.  Alternatively, use a set of the new feet, which would be slightly out of scale with the older sculpt.  The question I have, for anyone that has both and older and newer model would be; are the legs and foot joints be to dissimilar in size that it would look incredibly goofy or not?  Additionally are the sockets inserts incredibly different from the two versions that something other than puddy and filling might be needed to fix the issue?  A lack of pictures on IWM site has me throwing the questions out there.

faithless

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I am a meat popsicle.
Re: Medium Omni foot issue, need help
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2016, 08:57:12 »
Post a pic of the feet you have. I bet we can figure out a solution.
Demo Agent #715
Game HQ Oklahoma City, OK
Carolina Comics Lawton, OK
Oklahoma Battletech Group on Facebook

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2016, 09:14:05 »
The parts for the original omni mechs made by Ral Partha are still available. Let me look into it early next week when i am back from Cold Wars.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2016, 10:14:53 »
I think the part you will need is 20-610C.

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • Broke the Bandwagon
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2016, 21:51:26 »
Thanks for the input.  If anyone has a photo of 20-610C that would be great.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2016, 20:28:17 »
Attached. Note that IWM's pic of 20-610 shows separated feet, but I believe the Camospecs artist cut the feet off the base...

Register