Author Topic: Lack of Servers/Players  (Read 3669 times)

Nemesis

• Corporal
Lack of Servers/Players
« on: 03 February 2011, 02:53:42 »
Sadly, it seems like MM is dead these days. Only a few servers left, with barely any players. I'm wondering where everyone's gone?

Lately I find myself missing the Jihad servers (Tac-Ops Jihad and Mekwars Jihad), both great places to play for a few years. I'd love to see something similar to those start up again.
Star Adder, Star Adder, he drives a pitch black Mech
Star Adder, Star Adder, with Heavy Laser tech

(with apologies to Rowan Atkinson)

Tuco

• Private
  • MegaMekNET System Operator
    • Mekwars
Re: Lack of Servers/Players
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2011, 04:00:52 »
i think you mean MW Servers, not MM. the tracker indeed lists just 4 Mekwars Campaigns at the moment and the only jihad-era campaign is under reconstruction at the moment. they have a testserver but did not update their trackerlink.

the other servers are the shack which periodically simulates different eras for a short time and warriors of kerensky, a clan campaign before the invasion of the IS. lastly, MMNet is of course 3025.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

- Benjamin Franklin

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2011, 09:10:41 »
Sadly, it seems like MM is dead these days. Only a few servers left, with barely any players. I'm wondering where everyone's gone?

Please don't confuse MekWars with MegaMek.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

WarHighlander

« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2011, 09:51:06 »
You should come try out NetBattletech Classic. We are in the process of starting our third cycle. We're now in 3075 era.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=804.0

OmniscientQ

• Corporal
    • MegaMek / BattleTech IRC Channel
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2011, 12:40:38 »
There's almost always a few willing players available in our IRC channel as well. See the thread buried very nearly at the bottom od this sub-forum.
Q v2.0, Cluster Violet-6
End Transmission

ahnospell44

« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2011, 10:59:11 »
That is true, there seems to be a lot of players out there, just none seem to know where to go.

Register