Author Topic: Salvage, Repair and Replacement  (Read 1430 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Salvage, Repair and Replacement
« on: 21 December 2011, 12:39:13 »
An attack got a bit pricy . . . one of my long time pilots, who finally leveled from 4/6 to 4/5, was turned to ash when the head of her Grasshopper was burned off.  The Grasshopper 5N's armor also took a pounding.  My Blackjack 2 that was needing some CASE put in between contracts no longer needs CASE though the pilot made it out with minor injuries.

For the other side . . . well, 3 gauss slugs hit an enemy Gallowglas 1.  So after I replace the two 15 point armor hits on the torso and leg I need to replace the head that was ripped off.  A Guillotine 5M also managed to get its chest cracked, taking 3 hits to the engine which cause it to fall.  It also had other minor armor damage, and maybe some internal.

So, I happen to have a few holes in my TO&E now, especially until I get a replacement pilot or two in from a recruiting world.  So do I . . .

Repair the GLT-5M's engine, internals, armor and maybe an arm for a replacement ride for the BJ-2 pilot?

Repair the GRH-5N's head (using GLT's head equipment) and armor for a replacement ride for the BJ-2 pilot?

Repair the GAL-1GLS head (using GLT's head equipment) and armor for a replacement ride for the BJ-2 pilot?

Just for information, roughly one of the two companies worth of mechs is down for repairs.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Salvage, Repair and Replacement
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2011, 13:52:58 »
I would repair the Gallowglas myself. It sounds the most intact of the captured. It's a solid performer, and it won't have the stigma of haveing one of the 'team' killed in it.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2011, 21:23:42 »
Do you play as if there is a stigma for a mech that had a pilot killed?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2011, 22:54:48 »
to a degree, with my own merc unit, yeah.  I like to think on "what would the general feeling be like here" and such. It makes zero difference on the board of course, but I get a fair bit of entertainment out of the story aspect.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Zombyra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2011, 23:29:04 »
I'd repair the GAL-1GLS.

It was the other guy that got the downside of that particular sticky end, so it was lucky for you  O0

Change the name to something like the "Four-Leaf Clover"; make the pilot feel better.  Of course if they get shot out of the cockpit, the mech is cursed forever  :))

Register