Author Topic: Jade Falcon Bloodline campaign  (Read 22221 times)

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
Jade Falcon Bloodline campaign
« on: 26 January 2011, 19:31:03 »
There was topic about this campaign before but it was disrupted by the Blackout. Now the forums are back up, I have collated my ideas and decided on a campaign theme. Players interested, post to say so! My times to play are evenings 8pm to 12pm EST. (Btw, if anyone knows a good IRC channel we can use, drop me a line. )

The theme of the campaign is this: you play a succession of Warriors from one Bloodline of your choice through all the notable historical periods of the Jade Falcons, which I will call 'arcs'. You play the Falcons, I (and maybe others) play their opponents. Each historical arc will have between one and four battles on average. Once an arc is completed there will be a time jump to the Jade Falcons' next major point of interest on the timeline, where your characters will be a new group from the same Bloodline, often direct genetic descendants of your last characters. Success in battle means your characters get to have their superior genes included in the breeding program, bringing prestige to their descendants. Failiure in battle brings shame on later spawn of the Bloodheritage. How you perform in a historical arc will directly affect the skills and equipment of their gene-relatives in the next arc.

This won't be a campaign with lots of gritty accounting. Salvage will only play a very limited role, sometimes non-existant in the shorter arcs. You won't have to consider money, technical personel or logistics.

Player forces will tend towards being smaller rather than large. Each player has a main character and gets some ancilliary characters to fill out the formation. The exact numbers will depend on how many players there are, but look at sharing a Binary or Trinary, perhaps even as small as a Star + support shared between players (you will likely have highly skilled Clan pilots so the BV of your forces will be sky-high anyway :D). The exact unit types and models used will be a mix of units set by me and units chosen by the players. For Bloodlines you can choose any Bloodname belonging to the 40 founding members of Clan Jade Falcon, it doesn't have to be an exclusive Bloodname.

When I have enough players here I'll get you to pick your Bloodline and set out the details of the first arc (it will be Operation KLONDIKE of course! And yes, someone can pick Elizabeth Hazen if they want).

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: Jade Falcon Bloodline campaign
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 21:39:19 »
I'll take Pryde, if that's alright.

(Leaderoforcs checking in. :P)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 22:15:41 »
What day to do expect to meet on?

And if the day is good for me I choose Mattlov
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 22:43:19 »
Hello gents, those Bloodnames are fine and the day we'll play on will be arranged according to what fits the majority of people interested. I can play almost any evening if I have prior notice.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 23:17:11 »
Hello gents, those Bloodnames are fine and the day we'll play on will be arranged according to what fits the majority of people interested. I can play almost any evening if I have prior notice.

Well I am best for Tues/Sat evenings after 5pm EST and on Sundays anytime (usually).

All depends on work

Other days not on til after 9pm est
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2011, 00:19:49 »
I think I'll give Icaza a try, I haven't had a lot of BA action lately. Although I'll probably take at least a few mechs to round the force out on some ops.

Tolan

• Private
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2011, 16:39:08 »
I would like Folkner

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2011, 19:55:16 »
I've always played as a Malthus when Part of CJF.

I really prefer to play on Fridays, as they are my best day to play. 4-11PM EST or thereabouts is all good for me. Weekends are hit and miss for me.

... and I cant yet log in as myself yet so I am using my alter ego here.

-Mek
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2011, 01:46:44 »
No one can.  Mekslayer the profile as last seen on classicbattletech.com/forums approximately 10 days ago no longer exists.  You can change your name under account settings.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2011, 01:52:55 »
No one can.  Mekslayer the profile as last seen on classicbattletech.com/forums approximately 10 days ago no longer exists.  You can change your name under account settings.

Yes I figure this...  but why then does the system think My old profile still exists?

If profiles no longer exists then I could recreate me... but I cant because I still exist... I guess it means that perfection cant be repeated...  :D ;D

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2011, 02:14:13 »
It shouldn't.  If you tried to type in your login and password and got a "password is incorrect" message while it left your name in the box, it doesn't mean your profile is still here.

Further evidenced by the statistics for the forum.  Not even the entirety of the top ten posters list have 100 posts yet, and you were at least at 800 before the crash.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2011, 08:10:42 »
It shouldn't.  If you tried to type in your login and password and got a "password is incorrect" message while it left your name in the box, it doesn't mean your profile is still here.

Further evidenced by the statistics for the forum.  Not even the entirety of the top ten posters list have 100 posts yet, and you were at least at 800 before the crash.

Man you've been busy.

Over 200 posts already :-)

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2011, 14:18:50 »
I wish.  I'm still only third or fourth.  Moonsword's an officer already, Wombat's in the high 200s, and Wolf Lancer 4 and I are close to neck and neck. :P
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2011, 19:17:31 »
Tolan and BPRoberts, can you post the times you are available to play please? I can't go ahead with anything else until I know which of us can get onto a server at the same time.  :)

Also, I'm considering running a second campaign playing on Friday nights, a campaign based around Clan Ghost Bear. I know Mekslayer was interested in that Clan. The reason is that I don't really want to make Friday nights as the night everyone would have to play the Falcon campaign because it's a sure-fire recipe for no-shows, since a lot of people like going out on Fridays (those people who have a life, unlike my good self :D). Running two campaigns isn't really much harder than running just one so it's not a problem for me. To be clear, the Jade Falcon campaign has priority and I'll be running that no matter what, but if anyone is interested in playing a Ghost Bear campaign on Friday nights as well, post here to let me know. If you want to play in both Falcon and Bear campaigns,  that would be no problem. I would probably run a different kind of campaign for the Bears, likely a Jihad-era campaign using the Warchest system.

Edit: OK, Mekslayer has said he's on for both campaigns, so I'll run both. No more Bear stuff on this thread though. PM me if you have interest. This thread is just for the Falcon campaign, it'll get messy if both are discussed together.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2011, 20:35:06 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

Tolan

• Private
« Reply #14 on: 28 January 2011, 20:44:51 »
Weekends Are best pretty much wide open . Thru the week I "could" do 8-12 EST with enough notice.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 29 January 2011, 00:04:09 »
I've got another player who will join, he is interested in the Jae-Hyouk name.

As things stand, force break-down will be roughly a shared Binary. You'll all get one main character (the founder member of the Bloodname you chose) and you can pick their unit. Other members of the Binary and attached auxilliaries will be picked by me and divided up between players.

You can take any Star League unit available to the Clans, and that includes Royal variants. (Bear in mind that the opposing forces will be balanced against your force, so taking Thunderhawks won't make life any easier for you than taking Hussars. This is so you can feel free to take whatever you like and not have to worry that you'll be screwed if you don't pick something hardcore. Also, your force is likely to face a variety of challenges so flexibility is a good thing to think about too.)

- Daniel Mattlov was a Mechwarrior during Operation KLONDIKE and must take a mech.

- Carl Icaza was an infantry commander. You take 4 Infantry Points (one is commanded by Icaza) of any kind available at the time, plus transport if desired. You'll get to control a mech or two as well, don't worry. :D

- Aeneas Pryde was most likely a Mechwarrior.

- Koji Malthus, Irina Folkner and Mathieu Jae-Hyouk are characters I don't have details for, they can take any unit type used by the Clans. If in doubt, take a 'mech, they were the most common arm by far.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: 29 January 2011, 00:46:09 »
- Daniel Mattlov was a Mechwarrior during Operation KLONDIKE and must take a mech.

Well I think I will take a WHM-7A 'Royal' Warhammer

Just need the day we will meet to play, and this weekend is horridly bad for me.

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #17 on: 29 January 2011, 02:21:27 »
I'll take elemental for point one commanded by Icaza. Do I select the other 3 points ore are you taking care of them? For transport I guess I'll take a Cobra, although hopefully it'll never have to actually see any combat.

JamesPryde

• Corporal
  • Star Captain James Pryde
« Reply #18 on: 29 January 2011, 04:42:41 »
I would love to get in on this but being in Hawaii that's a 5-6 hour time difference and I work til between 5pm and 8pm Hawaii time if I have to fly off-island. thoughI'm off all but one weekend a month.
Star Captain James Pryde
Black Eagle Trinary

Major "Jumpin'" Jack Damien
Jack's Jesters

CDT #1186

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 29 January 2011, 11:59:28 »
I'll take elemental for point one commanded by Icaza. Do I select the other 3 points ore are you taking care of them? For transport I guess I'll take a Cobra, although hopefully it'll never have to actually see any combat.

I believe we are starting in Operation: Klondike time frame and progressing forward from there.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2011, 17:07:32 »
I'll be taking a Thug THG-11Eb.  It's the "Royal" Thug.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2011, 19:25:13 »

As bblaney said, we're starting in the Operation Klondike period and Elementals don't exist yet. You pick 4 conventional Infantry Points of any mix of types you like (jump, foot, motorized or mechanized, with any weapon type), plus enough transport assets to move them around if you want. I'll give you at least one minor character 'mech in addition to the infantry, you won't be stuck with just PBIs.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: 29 January 2011, 19:30:04 »
Just need the day we will meet to play, and this weekend is horridly bad for me.

We'll thrash that out as soon as I've got the starting set-up stuff done and everyone's checked back with their unit choice for their main character. If that can be done over the next couple of days then I'm looking at playing the first game on Tuesday night, 9.30pm to 11.30pm EST or thereabouts. I'll try to arrange games on a week-by-week basis rather than have one regular night for all of them, but we'll see how it goes.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2011, 00:31:32 »
We'll thrash that out as soon as I've got the starting set-up stuff done and everyone's checked back with their unit choice for their main character. If that can be done over the next couple of days then I'm looking at playing the first game on Tuesday night, 9.30pm to 11.30pm EST or thereabouts. I'll try to arrange games on a week-by-week basis rather than have one regular night for all of them, but we'll see how it goes.

Good deal

From what I read of the Operation: Klondike book, all the clanners are considered Clan Elites, are you doing the same for it?

Just makes us INSANELY accurate.

Guess we'll definitely be outnumbered, but prob not even skilled (mostly)

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2011, 00:39:27 »
From what I read of the Operation: Klondike book, all the clanners are considered Clan Elites, are you doing the same for it?

I'll be going with 2/2 for player characters in Klondike, and minor character skills will be scattered around that ballpark. I may toss in weather conditions and dawn/dusk for some battles too, which could effectively mean 3/3 pilots.

1/2 is considered the Clan Elite standard and I do want to stick close to the canon, but when it comes down to it, BT pilot and gunnery skills are just numbers, and besides there's a lot more to being Elite than shooting and driving well. Elite represents experience and tactical smarts too. So your guys are Elite, but 2/2 gunner and piloting.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2011, 00:43:39 »
I'll be going with 2/2 for player characters in Klondike, and minor character skills will be scattered around that ballpark. I may toss in weather conditions and dawn/dusk for some battles too, which could effectively mean 3/3 pilots.

1/2 is considered the Clan Elite standard and I do want to stick close to the canon, but when it comes down to it, BT pilot and gunnery skills are just numbers, and besides there's a lot more to being Elite than shooting and driving well. Elite represents experience and tactical smarts too. So your guys are Elite, but 2/2 gunner and piloting.

Works for me

Being PC's will we be having edge or any init bonuses? Or any of the advantages?

Thanks!!!!!

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #26 on: 30 January 2011, 01:18:04 »
What kind of opposition are we looking at in terms of general 'Mech forces and experience level for our first engagement?  Stuff like numbers, general pilot quality, willingness to fight for objectives, tech level in the case of 'Mechs, and if possible a general weight statement along the orders of "Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault centric."
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Grantwhy

• Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: 30 January 2011, 05:40:27 »
As bblaney said, we're starting in the Operation Klondike period and Elementals don't exist yet. You pick 4 conventional Infantry Points of any mix of types you like (jump, foot, motorized or mechanized, with any weapon type), plus enough transport assets to move them around if you want. I'll give you at least one minor character 'mech in addition to the infantry, you won't be stuck with just PBIs.

*and a voice rises out of the peanut gallery*

its not the best BA, but the Nighthawk PA(L) was a Star League design and could of been used by the earliest Clan forces?

(TRO 3075 has both the Mk. XXI and Mk. XXII stats, and there is a Mk.XXX in RS3085)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness.

Don't fight rabbits if you taste like lettuce.

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #28 on: 30 January 2011, 11:52:21 »
Sorry about that. I should know better than to post while half asleep. I'll throw up a new request once I get the go or no go for the Nighthawks. For playtimes, I can play evenings EST most Mondays and Wednesdays. Plus other times during the day/on weekends.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 30 January 2011, 12:01:26 »
Sorry about that. I should know better than to post while half asleep. I'll throw up a new request once I get the go or no go for the Nighthawks. For playtimes, I can play evenings EST most Mondays and Wednesdays. Plus other times during the day/on weekends.

Nighthawk armor would be pretty awesome for ya, imo.

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2011, 12:33:10 »
I prefer Tue, Thurs, or Friday nights.

My mech request is submitted.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 30 January 2011, 18:41:48 »
Being PC's will we be having edge or any init bonuses? Or any of the advantages?

No to both. What, 2/2 pilots not enough for ya? ;)

What kind of opposition are we looking at in terms of general 'Mech forces and experience level for our first engagement?  Stuff like numbers, general pilot quality, willingness to fight for objectives, tech level in the case of 'Mechs, and if possible a general weight statement along the orders of "Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault centric."

You'll be fighting several different Pentagon Powers over the course of the arc, and I won't be giving the players any more intel than the Falcons themselves had, which was limited.

What I can tell you is that the Pentagon Powers operate former SLDF equipment, and the more powerful factions maintain it to a high standard. Personel are often ex-SLDF veterans. They're defending their own turf so they are likely to put up a stiff resistance to invaders.

Your first opponent will be the Sarbat Khanate, a powerful chauvanistic faction that holds sway over several lesser groups as well. If bested in open country they are likely to retreat into their capital city, the taking of which is one of your Clan's objectives.

I get the go or no go for the Nighthawks.

Sure, Nighthawk PAL is cool.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2011, 23:45:02 »
If I don't ask we wont know will we? :-)

And Tuesday evening time is fine for me

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2011, 00:14:58 »
Tuesday is.... really iffy on my end.  I don't get done with all my stuff until after 9 PM.

Thursday is better, I'm done by 8:30 PM.

Friday is best, but I can't vouch for non-scheduled things like going out on the town getting in the way.  Honestly though, this day probably works best, especially if we can start at about 6.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2011, 10:25:53 »
Alright, I guess I'll just run 4 Nighthawk XXIs with the standard Mauser rifle. If I need some extra punch can I swap in SRMs between missions? For transport I think I'll take Maultiers, which will require 2 per point if I'm doing the math right.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2011, 18:43:35 »
Playing Time: How is 9.30pm to 11.30pm Tues (tomorrow) for people?

Friday is not going to be possible for this campaign because I'll be running another on that day regularly. Also any time before 8.30 isn't possible for me.

Alright, I guess I'll just run 4 Nighthawk XXIs with the standard Mauser rifle. If I need some extra punch can I swap in SRMs between missions? For transport I think I'll take Maultiers, which will require 2 per point if I'm doing the math right.

MM doesn't have any option other than automatic rifles, but if you build an .mtf file for SRMs then you can use that.

Transport: Each squad of 4 troopers takes up 4 tons of cargo space, so you need a vehicle that has at least that because the rules don't allow us to split squads between transports. The Maultier only has 3 tons, but the basic Heavy APCs (Wheeled, Tracked or Hover) all have 6 tons so those will work. The Heavy Hover APC is the closest thing to a Maultier, it's slightly slower but has better armor, and rather than a streak2 it has a pair of machine guns.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2011, 19:12:30 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2011, 19:29:45 »
Playing Time: How is 9.30pm to 11.30pm Tues (tomorrow) for people?

Works for me

Is the GB game gonna be the same times as the Tues game? I can do 9:30 Fridays

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2011, 19:34:56 »
Is the GB game gonna be the same times as the Tues game? I can do 9:30 Fridays

I can do those times but you'd have to ask Mekslayer, I don't know how late he wants to play on Fridays, so maybe post on the GB thread or PM him or something.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2011, 19:37:09 »
I can do those times but you'd have to ask Mekslayer, I don't know how late he wants to play on Fridays, so maybe post on the GB thread or PM him or something.

I'll get with him, thx.

Tolan

• Private
« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2011, 21:00:08 »
That works for me

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2011, 02:50:35 »
Should be able to make it, but if someone could proxy me under either the names "Scotty" "Dragoon" or "Pryde" in case I'm late, that'd be awesome.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #41 on: 01 February 2011, 09:55:54 »
I think I'm going to withdraw from the campaign. Sorry guys, but the last week has made it clear that I'm a lot busier than I thought I was. If I don't even have time to go over my forces properly I don't have time to play for a couple hours a week. Maybe I'll catch you guys next campaign or something.

McSlayer

« Reply #42 on: 01 February 2011, 15:01:48 »
I may be a bit late, so can some one proxy for me if I am late?

My class gets out about 9PM EST and then I gotta drive home, so it may be close with a perfect drop time, but hopefully with a late start I will be there.

-Mek

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: 01 February 2011, 18:42:57 »
Need info so I can join the game when we start

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2011, 19:08:23 »
I'll post up my IP and connection info about half an hour before we start.  :)

Your units for tonight

I decided to give you guys a Star + supporting auxilliaries for this first mission. This should keep things rolling along swiftly and still gives each of you more than just 1 unit to control.

All units are 2/2 for skills.

(oops, last minute player addition!)

Scotty
THG-11Eb Thug [Aeneas Pryde]
2x Lightning Attack Hovercraft (Royal)

Mekslayer
HGN-372b Highlander [Koji Malthus]
Padilla Artillery Tank

Tolan
OSP-15-BT Osprey [Irina Folkner]
2x Clan Jump Infantry Points
1x Burke Defence Tank (Royal)

bblaney
WHM-7A Warhammer [Daniel Mattlov]
2x Lightning Attack Hovercraft (Royal)

LibertadKrieger
LNX-9Q Lynx [Mathieu Jae-Hyouk]
2x Clan Jump Infantry Points
1x Burke Defence Tank (Royal)

ARC 1 : Operation KLONDIKE

Mission 1: Blood and Sand

The Jade Falcons are one of four Clans assigned to liberate the Pentagon world of Eden from the tyrant states that currently claim her. The Jade Falcons have recently come into contact with hostile forces from the Sarbat Khanate, a powerful chauvanistic empire with considerable military strength. Believing that Clan Jade Falcon's small numbers are their weakness, the Khanate launched an all out assault on the Falcon coastal cantonment. One portion of the Jade Falcons held the line and poured fire into the charging enemy ranks, buying time for their flanking force to move out from where they were concealed in the deep water and strike deep into the Khanate formation.

[Your Star and supporting elements are the end of the Jade Falcon defensive line nearest to the coast.]

Deployment:

Clan Jade Falcon - all forces deploy within 3 hexes of the south edge
Sarbat Khanate - all forces deploy within 3 hexes of the north edge, reinforcements enter from the north

Primary Objectives
- Hold The Line: (750 Prestige)
Hold off the Khanate forces for 12 turns so that the Falcon flanking force can get into position to strike.

Secondary Objectives:
- Eye Gouge: (250 Prestige)
Destroy the building on the North-East islet being used as a forward OP by the Khanate forces

BTW, prestige will come into play later. I don't want to flood you guys with rules and stats so don't worry about that for now, I'll post up what Prestige does after this battle.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2011, 20:00:08 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2011, 20:14:51 »
Need the version your using also plz

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2011, 20:16:54 »
Sorry, coulda swore I posted that. I'll be running version 0.35.21

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: 01 February 2011, 20:51:26 »
I'll post up my IP and connection info about half an hour before we start.  :)

IP address info plz

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 01 February 2011, 20:55:21 »
------
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 00:26:43 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 01 February 2011, 21:02:19 »
IP: 91.108.89.83
Port: 2346

Can't connect. Strange

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 01 February 2011, 21:17:07 »
OK, seems like another guy is having problems too, so we'll use SteveRestless' server today. Props to him for providing.

Port 2346

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 01 February 2011, 21:47:27 »
It looks like that server died, damn.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 01 February 2011, 21:48:01 »
Alright, anyone want to try hosting?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 01 February 2011, 21:49:43 »
Alright, anyone want to try hosting?

Why not use the Shack, they want more RPG games there anyways.

And they have a MekWars set up, which normally don't crash

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/barracodoladob/

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 01 February 2011, 21:54:20 »
Do they have open servers right now?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 01 February 2011, 21:56:06 »
Do they have open servers right now?

All the time

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 01 February 2011, 21:57:05 »
Can you post an IP for one plz?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 01 February 2011, 21:57:59 »
Can you post an IP for one plz?

Need to download their Mekwars client and take it from there

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 February 2011, 21:59:41 »
Wait, it's a Mekwars campaign? That means we'll be playing in their campaign though, right?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 01 February 2011, 22:00:06 »
Can we avoid a download please?  I'm tight on bandwidth, and anything would take forever.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #60 on: 01 February 2011, 22:01:20 »
so where are we going now?

-Mek

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: 01 February 2011, 22:02:28 »
Wait, it's a Mekwars campaign? That means we'll be playing in their campaign though, right?
Yes it is a campaign, but they also run other campaigns on the server.

I play in a 3062 game on there (RPG) on Wed evening

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 01 February 2011, 22:07:00 »
Alright, I'll look into the Shack. It's not practical to use it right now though, so for now, is there anyone willing to step up and see if they can host a server for us?

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 01 February 2011, 22:07:31 »
OK I sugggest we sound off on which versions we all have.

there are a few 34.9, 35.19, and 35.17 servers available if we all have those versions...

Can we sound off on versions we have

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: 01 February 2011, 22:08:22 »
OK I sugggest we sound off on which versions we all have.

there are a few 34.9, 35.19, and 35.17 servers available if we all have those versions...

Can we sound off on versions we have

I have 34.9 and can get the others easily enough

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 01 February 2011, 22:08:56 »
I can get those versions but some may lack the mechs we need.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 01 February 2011, 22:09:32 »
Only .35s, but I've got .15, .17, and .19-.21
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: 01 February 2011, 22:11:31 »
OK lets go here:

skyhigh.getmyip.com

it is a 35.17 server.

I am in there now.

Let me know if there are other problems.

-Mek

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #68 on: 02 February 2011, 15:02:41 »
When are we getting back together to finish this?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 02 February 2011, 18:51:12 »
Johnny said next week same time same channel.

So hopefully we can all be there ans I can find a proxy for our one guest...

-Mek

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 02 February 2011, 18:52:04 »
Yep, same time next week, if everyone can make it.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 08 February 2011, 13:57:12 »
Okay, tonight again at 9 (Central)?
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #72 on: 08 February 2011, 20:57:31 »
Let's see who's here first - sound off if you're a player and ready to play tonight.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 08 February 2011, 21:00:28 »
Let's see who's here first - sound off if you're a player and ready to play tonight.

Here

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: 08 February 2011, 21:42:29 »
here and waiting.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 08 February 2011, 21:53:44 »
Finally back at the dorm, ready to go.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: 08 February 2011, 22:05:36 »
It's getting late and we won't be able to start for another 10 mins at least (one guy is away till then), so I'm going to postpone the game.

I think I'd like to start over anyway, last week was a bad start with all that server chasing. We had a guy drop out and one temp player so the current save would need a load of proxies to finish anyway, and I don't like not having access to all the custom stuff I want to use that I have on my own server. I can host games now that I've configured my router properly.

So if you three guys are still interested in the campaign, I'll start over completely fresh on a day that's good for everyone. If you're good this week, post a day, otherwise Tuesday 9.30 next week.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 08 February 2011, 22:08:35 »
Can it not be a Tuesday?  I can do Wednesdays from here to the end of time, but Tuesdays are a pain in the ass to make it back and forth between dorm, student union, classes and stuff in time for these games.

That said, aside from the already-evident Wednesday, I can do Thursday after 8:30 PM (one less thing to do that day than Tuesdays), and almost all-day for the entire weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday).
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #78 on: 08 February 2011, 22:21:34 »
I can only do Tues Thurs and Fri at those times.

Register