Author Topic: Jade Falcon Bloodline campaign  (Read 22222 times)

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
Re: Jade Falcon Bloodline campaign
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2011, 12:33:10 »
I prefer Tue, Thurs, or Friday nights.

My mech request is submitted.
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 30 January 2011, 18:41:48 »
Being PC's will we be having edge or any init bonuses? Or any of the advantages?

No to both. What, 2/2 pilots not enough for ya? ;)

What kind of opposition are we looking at in terms of general 'Mech forces and experience level for our first engagement?  Stuff like numbers, general pilot quality, willingness to fight for objectives, tech level in the case of 'Mechs, and if possible a general weight statement along the orders of "Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault centric."

You'll be fighting several different Pentagon Powers over the course of the arc, and I won't be giving the players any more intel than the Falcons themselves had, which was limited.

What I can tell you is that the Pentagon Powers operate former SLDF equipment, and the more powerful factions maintain it to a high standard. Personel are often ex-SLDF veterans. They're defending their own turf so they are likely to put up a stiff resistance to invaders.

Your first opponent will be the Sarbat Khanate, a powerful chauvanistic faction that holds sway over several lesser groups as well. If bested in open country they are likely to retreat into their capital city, the taking of which is one of your Clan's objectives.

I get the go or no go for the Nighthawks.

Sure, Nighthawk PAL is cool.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 30 January 2011, 23:45:02 »
If I don't ask we wont know will we? :-)

And Tuesday evening time is fine for me
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2011, 00:14:58 »
Tuesday is.... really iffy on my end.  I don't get done with all my stuff until after 9 PM.

Thursday is better, I'm done by 8:30 PM.

Friday is best, but I can't vouch for non-scheduled things like going out on the town getting in the way.  Honestly though, this day probably works best, especially if we can start at about 6.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2011, 10:25:53 »
Alright, I guess I'll just run 4 Nighthawk XXIs with the standard Mauser rifle. If I need some extra punch can I swap in SRMs between missions? For transport I think I'll take Maultiers, which will require 2 per point if I'm doing the math right.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2011, 18:43:35 »
Playing Time: How is 9.30pm to 11.30pm Tues (tomorrow) for people?

Friday is not going to be possible for this campaign because I'll be running another on that day regularly. Also any time before 8.30 isn't possible for me.

Alright, I guess I'll just run 4 Nighthawk XXIs with the standard Mauser rifle. If I need some extra punch can I swap in SRMs between missions? For transport I think I'll take Maultiers, which will require 2 per point if I'm doing the math right.

MM doesn't have any option other than automatic rifles, but if you build an .mtf file for SRMs then you can use that.

Transport: Each squad of 4 troopers takes up 4 tons of cargo space, so you need a vehicle that has at least that because the rules don't allow us to split squads between transports. The Maultier only has 3 tons, but the basic Heavy APCs (Wheeled, Tracked or Hover) all have 6 tons so those will work. The Heavy Hover APC is the closest thing to a Maultier, it's slightly slower but has better armor, and rather than a streak2 it has a pair of machine guns.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2011, 19:12:30 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2011, 19:29:45 »
Playing Time: How is 9.30pm to 11.30pm Tues (tomorrow) for people?

Works for me

Is the GB game gonna be the same times as the Tues game? I can do 9:30 Fridays
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2011, 19:34:56 »
Is the GB game gonna be the same times as the Tues game? I can do 9:30 Fridays

I can do those times but you'd have to ask Mekslayer, I don't know how late he wants to play on Fridays, so maybe post on the GB thread or PM him or something.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2011, 19:37:09 »
I can do those times but you'd have to ask Mekslayer, I don't know how late he wants to play on Fridays, so maybe post on the GB thread or PM him or something.

I'll get with him, thx.

Tolan

• Private
« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2011, 21:00:08 »
That works for me

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #40 on: 01 February 2011, 02:50:35 »
Should be able to make it, but if someone could proxy me under either the names "Scotty" "Dragoon" or "Pryde" in case I'm late, that'd be awesome.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

BPRoberts

• Private
« Reply #41 on: 01 February 2011, 09:55:54 »
I think I'm going to withdraw from the campaign. Sorry guys, but the last week has made it clear that I'm a lot busier than I thought I was. If I don't even have time to go over my forces properly I don't have time to play for a couple hours a week. Maybe I'll catch you guys next campaign or something.

McSlayer

« Reply #42 on: 01 February 2011, 15:01:48 »
I may be a bit late, so can some one proxy for me if I am late?

My class gets out about 9PM EST and then I gotta drive home, so it may be close with a perfect drop time, but hopefully with a late start I will be there.

-Mek

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: 01 February 2011, 18:42:57 »
Need info so I can join the game when we start

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2011, 19:08:23 »
I'll post up my IP and connection info about half an hour before we start.  :)

Your units for tonight

I decided to give you guys a Star + supporting auxilliaries for this first mission. This should keep things rolling along swiftly and still gives each of you more than just 1 unit to control.

All units are 2/2 for skills.

(oops, last minute player addition!)

Scotty
THG-11Eb Thug [Aeneas Pryde]
2x Lightning Attack Hovercraft (Royal)

Mekslayer
HGN-372b Highlander [Koji Malthus]
Padilla Artillery Tank

Tolan
OSP-15-BT Osprey [Irina Folkner]
2x Clan Jump Infantry Points
1x Burke Defence Tank (Royal)

bblaney
WHM-7A Warhammer [Daniel Mattlov]
2x Lightning Attack Hovercraft (Royal)

LibertadKrieger
LNX-9Q Lynx [Mathieu Jae-Hyouk]
2x Clan Jump Infantry Points
1x Burke Defence Tank (Royal)

ARC 1 : Operation KLONDIKE

Mission 1: Blood and Sand

The Jade Falcons are one of four Clans assigned to liberate the Pentagon world of Eden from the tyrant states that currently claim her. The Jade Falcons have recently come into contact with hostile forces from the Sarbat Khanate, a powerful chauvanistic empire with considerable military strength. Believing that Clan Jade Falcon's small numbers are their weakness, the Khanate launched an all out assault on the Falcon coastal cantonment. One portion of the Jade Falcons held the line and poured fire into the charging enemy ranks, buying time for their flanking force to move out from where they were concealed in the deep water and strike deep into the Khanate formation.

[Your Star and supporting elements are the end of the Jade Falcon defensive line nearest to the coast.]

Deployment:

Clan Jade Falcon - all forces deploy within 3 hexes of the south edge
Sarbat Khanate - all forces deploy within 3 hexes of the north edge, reinforcements enter from the north

Primary Objectives
- Hold The Line: (750 Prestige)
Hold off the Khanate forces for 12 turns so that the Falcon flanking force can get into position to strike.

Secondary Objectives:
- Eye Gouge: (250 Prestige)
Destroy the building on the North-East islet being used as a forward OP by the Khanate forces

BTW, prestige will come into play later. I don't want to flood you guys with rules and stats so don't worry about that for now, I'll post up what Prestige does after this battle.
« Last Edit: 01 February 2011, 20:00:08 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2011, 20:14:51 »
Need the version your using also plz

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 01 February 2011, 20:16:54 »
Sorry, coulda swore I posted that. I'll be running version 0.35.21

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: 01 February 2011, 20:51:26 »
I'll post up my IP and connection info about half an hour before we start.  :)

IP address info plz

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 01 February 2011, 20:55:21 »
------
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 00:26:43 by Johnny 'NKH' Leyland »

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 01 February 2011, 21:02:19 »
IP: 91.108.89.83
Port: 2346

Can't connect. Strange

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 01 February 2011, 21:17:07 »
OK, seems like another guy is having problems too, so we'll use SteveRestless' server today. Props to him for providing.

Port 2346

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 01 February 2011, 21:47:27 »
It looks like that server died, damn.

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 01 February 2011, 21:48:01 »
Alright, anyone want to try hosting?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: 01 February 2011, 21:49:43 »
Alright, anyone want to try hosting?

Why not use the Shack, they want more RPG games there anyways.

And they have a MekWars set up, which normally don't crash

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/barracodoladob/

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 01 February 2011, 21:54:20 »
Do they have open servers right now?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: 01 February 2011, 21:56:06 »
Do they have open servers right now?

All the time

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 01 February 2011, 21:57:05 »
Can you post an IP for one plz?

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: 01 February 2011, 21:57:59 »
Can you post an IP for one plz?

Need to download their Mekwars client and take it from there

Johnny 'NKH' Leyland

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 01 February 2011, 21:59:41 »
Wait, it's a Mekwars campaign? That means we'll be playing in their campaign though, right?

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #59 on: 01 February 2011, 22:00:06 »
Can we avoid a download please?  I'm tight on bandwidth, and anything would take forever.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679