Author Topic: Noob Hills Question  (Read 1400 times)

The_head_of_Neal

• Master Sergeant
Noob Hills Question
« on: 11 July 2014, 23:34:15 »
I'm about to start cutting hills for my GenCon game.  My buddy dropped off a ton of foam and a hot knife.  In the past I have always cut 1 inch thick foam and layered it to make level 2 or level 3 (or higher) hills.

I now have access to 1, 2, 3 and 4 inch thick foam.  Is it easier to work with thicker sections and cut it down?  I'm still thinking that just using the 1 inch sections and piling higher hills on top of it is the way to go.

Nahuris

• Captain
Re: Noob Hills Question
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2014, 23:38:08 »
I always use one inch, and layer it, myself. It allows me to leave a lip around a hill, where the upper layer is smaller than the lower, so that you can have mechs on different parts of the hill.

Thicker pieces work as cliffs, but one inch is my go to thickness.

Nahuris
"A friend will calm you down when you are angry, but a BEST friend will skip along beside you with a baseball bat singing "someone's gonna get it."

"If we are ever in a situation, where I am the voice of reason, we are in a very bad situation."

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Re: Noob Hills Question
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2014, 00:20:58 »
The thicker foam would be good for impassable features such as mesas, canyon walls and rocky spires. depends upon the type of terrain you are doing.
Jim Williamson - CDT Agent #206
NJ, USA

Register