Author Topic: Alpha Strike and TROs?  (Read 2195 times)

-Ice

• Sergeant
Alpha Strike and TROs?
« on: 23 September 2014, 17:16:51 »
I wonder if TROs are still "useful" if playing Alpha Strike?  Feel free do interpret that term as you see fit --- for me, "useful" meaning a new player can learn what the mech could be good for before even playing with it.

I have a few TROs in PDF format but with the quality of the Alpha Strike book (OOoooo! Shiny!!), I'm looking forward to getting a few physical TROs to display on the game table.

Louie N

• Lieutenant
Re: Alpha Strike and TROs?
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2014, 18:03:54 »
The TROs give you the detail behind the stats.  I always enjoy this...

Why does a Longbow 12C have an IF6 special ability.  Turn to the TRO and you will see why.

It may lead to interest in playing the standard game; sometimes you may want all the detail.

« Last Edit: 23 September 2014, 21:03:38 by Louie N »

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2014, 19:08:33 »
Even for regular CBT, the TRO's aren't that useful compared to record sheet books(unless you're using quirks).

They're a great resource if you're into the fluff though.  It's like a little short story for every unit.  O0
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2014, 07:29:22 »
Even for regular CBT, the TRO's aren't that useful compared to record sheet books(unless you're using quirks).

They're a great resource if you're into the fluff though.  It's like a little short story for every unit.  O0
I have to agree with DarkSpade.  I love reading throug the TROs, looking at the pretty pictures and finding out background information about the various mechs, aircraft and vehicles.  As far as game play goes, however, they don't really give you anything you don't get from the CBT record sheets, or the AS cards.
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2014, 16:11:06 »
Thanks for the replies guys!

Register