Author Topic: Rules clarifications  (Read 2026 times)

-Ice

• Sergeant
Rules clarifications
« on: 29 September 2014, 18:24:29 »
Still making my way through the AS book and just want to clarify a few things:

1.  There is no "cost" for turning a mech?  In CBT, changing facing costs 1 movement point per hex face moved, but it seems that a mech in AS can move its maximum distance and then make a 180-degree facing change at the end of that movement for free.  Am I reading the rules correctly?

2.  Target movement modifiers is dependent upon the target mech's MP stat and not the amount/distance moved?  So targeting a mech that moved 12" and targeting an identical mech that moved 0" will still have a +2 TN mod for both mechs?

3.  Is ammo being tracked in AS?  I can't seem to find any info on it...

Thanks for any help!

atlask

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
Re: Rules clarifications
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2014, 18:47:03 »
Still making my way through the AS book and just want to clarify a few things:

1.  There is no "cost" for turning a mech?  In CBT, changing facing costs 1 movement point per hex face moved, but it seems that a mech in AS can move its maximum distance and then make a 180-degree facing change at the end of that movement for free.  Am I reading the rules correctly?

Correct there is not cost for facing...

2.  Target movement modifiers is dependent upon the target mech's MP stat and not the amount/distance moved?  So targeting a mech that moved 12" and  targeting an identical mech that moved 0" will still have a +2 TN mod for both mechs?

TMM as long as you move one inch you get a movement Modifier.. if they move 0" they do not get it... it has been revised in the Companion book..

3.  Is ammo being tracked in AS?  I can't seem to find any info on it...

NO there is not ammo to keep track of..

Thanks for any help!
Catalyst Demo Agent #881, Tulsa, OK

-Ice

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2014, 18:49:06 »
Can you give me a page reference for the Companion book?  Also, is this an errata or an optional rule?  I expect my copy to come in this week so it'll be handy to bookmark that rule.

atlask

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2014, 19:15:42 »
Page 22 in the Companion for the movement stuff
Catalyst Demo Agent #881, Tulsa, OK

Von Ether

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 30 September 2014, 07:56:42 »
There is also an errata running around. At work or I'd link it.
"New players, regardless of age, need to know two things about a wargame. How to blow stuff up and what faction is painted in his favorite color. All the rest can come later when they are hooked." -- A.G.
"But the problem is that it seems to have been made by someone who equates complication with complexity, and that just ain't so." -- iamfanboy