Author Topic: The Wolf Empire: Our Khan Beat Devlin Stone in a Savage Wolf! Buy Savage Wolves!  (Read 199241 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
The Horses cannot get through the Fortress wall themselves yet, giving the Wolves months to repair, heal and move forces in preparation.  Sure, it is no longer the 14 galaxy (+3 regiment & 1 oversized Warden galaxy) that participated on Terra but they are also going to be better troops than what the Horses could bring.  Seven (at least, more likely 9) Wolf galaxies, one Falcon galaxy (and bs, there are more than that left), a galaxy or two of Jaguars, and oh yeah, 10+ warships with flotillas of assault DS . . . the Horses could not bring enough to take Terra, especially in contesting the ilClanship they would be considered dezgra by the forces on Terra.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
They've got the Falcons too. But there are only like.. three clusters of them alive. That being said, I don't think there were many more Wolves alive either. The way the Falcons fought means that it won't be as easy as just giving people time to heal. They were murdering warriors left and right.

Not that I think it really matters. We know they win from products with blurbs from the future.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
But we don't know what the Horses do in the meantime.   Or the Bears. 

But we do know what the Sea Foxes do.  We profit.  ::)
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
They've got the Falcons too. But there are only like.. three clusters of them alive. That being said, I don't think there were many more Wolves alive either. The way the Falcons fought means that it won't be as easy as just giving people time to heal. They were murdering warriors left and right.

Not that I think it really matters. We know they win from products with blurbs from the future.

Yeah, already gone through how that nonsense of 40 warriors left was wrong.  And even saying the Wolves had only 50% of their force left from the start is the least likely outcome- so say 7.5 galaxies . . . probably closer to 9 of the 15+ at the start of the invasion.

But I will circle back, WTF with the Bloody Paw.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel

The Wolves were at 80% strength and landed with 14 galaxies, not counting the Exiles and Dragoons.

CJC070

• Lieutenant

I thought only about one cluster was all that remained

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
One cluster is a BS number in the first place- their aerospace forces remaining orbit alone provide more than a cluster of troops.

I am assuming that 80% strength is mentioned in a section I have not gotten to yet.  But Republic bondsmen were freed on the eve of battle to join the touman to fight the Falcons.  Further, those 20% would have been personnel losses- the Wolves had brought spare equipment as well as salvaging what they could- which means about 3 galaxies of troops KIA or WIA from fighting the RAF . . . and those WIA were not in a position to join in fighting the Falcons.  Make that 20% 50/50 (which is never is, but suppose) it means the Wolves should regain roughly 1.5 galaxies of troops back from the injured rosters.
Colt Ward

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
But we don't know what the Horses do in the meantime.   Or the Bears. 

But we do know what the Sea Foxes do.  We profit.  ::)

we know what the bears will do... sleep, then get attacked by the Drac's, it's what we do

Also Wolves have a number of units using WoB/C* unit structure, thanks to a certain Bear, you'd think that even now doing anything remotely WoBby would be a no no
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

SteveRestless

• Major
Starting a new thread since we're nearly to the cap on this one.

New Thread
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Do we spam for the Empire?

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Or can a mod shut her down if Kitsune asks?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns

Oops, wrong Empire.
Colt Ward

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Wow, this never got a update . . .

Our group did a Trial of Bloodright Grand Melee for Invasion Era, 3k BV set with pilots adjusted to get to 3k and you got to pick a SPA worth up to 2 points.  We had a mix of Jumping Jack, Range Master, one Lucky, and a few Hot Dogs spread between Omnis and Clan standards.  Funny enough, the last four were 2 Jumping Jacks and 2 Hot Dogs.

I took a Arcas I had painted up over 20 years ago for a Warden Wolf secondline cluster which got me a 3/5 pilot and I took the Jumping Jack SPA b/c the map originally was supposed to be more paved and with buildings.  Killed a Stormcrow C that was a range master that got in close where I could use the buildings to skip it's long & med ranges for the LBX & LPL . . . shots to the center torso and then 2 of 3 SSRM4s hit, 4 CT crits in that turn got the gyro by the 2nd crit.  Unfortunately I ended up falling from 22 points of damage that turn which made getting out of range of the Warhawk a problem.

Avoided a Warhawk H with range master that had put a bit of LPL fire on me while chasing the Stormcrow.  It put my RT down to 1 IS & no crits from HLL, LPL and LRM hits on that single location but I killed it that turn blowing out it's CT.  Which started me chewing on a Warhammer IIC 2 that had walked across the map to mess with me after a Vapor Eagle and Mad Dog B died in the middle of the map.  The WHM's pilot could not hit anything that day- ERPPC Needs 7, rolls 6 like the MegaMek trope . . . and the one hit he did score went into a building shielding my legs . . . then he got caught by a avoiding Shadow Cat M and what remained of a Thunderbolt C 2.

It came down to the Shadow Cat M having to chase down my Arcas until he lost the Large Pulse.
Colt Ward

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
So it is official, we have at least a Galaxy of Blackwatch Forces, quiaff?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
So it is official, we have at least a Galaxy of Blackwatch Forces, quiaff?

Where would this have been official?
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
I was still wondering why it appeared in this topic.
Colt Ward

Register