Author Topic: Mars Rising: Marian Hegemony IV  (Read 169599 times)

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
Re: Mars Rising: Marian Hegemony IV
« Reply #1170 on: 17 April 2021, 05:23:21 »
From the TRO entry looks like that Oriente have some problems of "scarcity" with the Achileus BA, and thus,  designed and began to build the Leonidas.

Could it be that Irian stopped trading the BAs to Oriente, or the market competition with the other former FWL states make it more dificult to adquire them. IIRC, while the RoTS and its desmilitarization program closed down a good deal of military factories, the BAs were not reached by the program. At least, the BAs that could go for the RoTS army units.

Jessica's husband was the Irian boss. It would be a contradiction in canon if Irian caused Oriente's Achileus shortage. Just a little tidbit ;)

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #1171 on: 17 April 2021, 06:39:31 »
Think I'll stick to Ravagers and Marauders now.

Anyway is there a guide to getting the most out of the MUL?  I don't even know what stars next to the names mean.  Feel like a green who got told to charge their glowbelt.

The star tells you what source book the unit is in, just hover your curser over the star. :thumbsup:
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #1172 on: 17 April 2021, 07:13:42 »
Iirc the stars are the common designs, no? Maybe si need a MUL guide as well xD

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1173 on: 17 April 2021, 08:19:43 »
Stars mean featured in a source like the primary variant in a TRO

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #1174 on: 18 April 2021, 21:42:54 »
Stars mean featured in a source like the primary variant in a TRO
which 90% of the time just means "the art shown actually depicts this variant"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1175 on: 18 April 2021, 21:52:37 »
yeah, it's not complicated

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1176 on: 19 April 2021, 04:29:17 »
Thanks.

Makes more sense when I take it out of mobile browser. 
« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 04:30:50 by Turaglas »
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1177 on: 19 April 2021, 10:17:39 »
Now to wait for Friday to have if we link some more material more modern or clannner

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1178 on: 20 April 2021, 03:01:05 »
Sic. Nova Roma Victor

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1179 on: 20 April 2021, 10:11:06 »
Sic. Nova Roma Victor

And yes, waiting for hope is the last thing that is lost, although as I said in the group I am pessismic about the future

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1180 on: 20 April 2021, 11:33:00 »
I like Marian gear...

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1181 on: 20 April 2021, 13:11:57 »
I like Marian gear...

If you are interested in our suppliers there is another way to get our equipment, apart from that you have other sources of equipment

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1182 on: 20 April 2021, 13:27:50 »
If you are interested in our suppliers there is another way to get our equipment, apart from that you have other sources of equipment

The new Illyrian battlearmor plant is fantastic (we never had one of those before), assuming the Lothians don't nab it or mobilize to return the status quo, but the Testudo plant is just unreachable and Caesar's wife never sent that item our way to buy anyway. And furthermore without the Testudo supply chain-sourced upgrades the Centurion MilitiaMech isn't as worthwhile on the front lines in 3150 as it was circa 3135 (not that'd I turn down having one of them for every planetary militia company).

(I've thought about this stuff).

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1183 on: 20 April 2021, 13:34:24 »
I'm sure they'll be available in Taurian space to buy assuming the MH doesn't turn into Squats in a few books. 
"This is why the same true fighting will never employ ornate, showy, or wide patterns, [nor will it include] exaggerated moves which are useful only for the entertainment of spectators."

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1184 on: 20 April 2021, 13:51:56 »
The new Illyrian battlearmor plant is fantastic (we never had one of those before), assuming the Lothians don't nab it or mobilize to return the status quo, but the Testudo plant is just unreachable and Caesar's wife never sent that item our way to buy anyway. And furthermore without the Testudo supply chain-sourced upgrades the Centurion MilitiaMech isn't as worthwhile on the front lines in 3150 as it was circa 3135 (not that'd I turn down having one of them for every planetary militia company).

(I've thought about this stuff).

Very funny ... do they have Kendall there to stock up on us, don't the Lotharan coming to the rescue? No thanks, I am going home very calmly, it is not something that you should change the name of the principality again (for losing the Capital again)

As for the Testudo, ask Oriente, Orloff and Andurien to them we have sold
« Last Edit: 20 April 2021, 13:53:51 by Adacas »

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1185 on: 20 April 2021, 14:57:44 »
I'm pretty sure the chance of the Lothians getting involved is about as much as the Wob coming back and nuking the Wolves off Terra.

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1186 on: 20 April 2021, 15:22:00 »
I'm pretty sure the chance of the Lothians getting involved is about as much as the Wob coming back and nuking the Wolves off Terra.

I'm not so sure- the Caesar has made Lothian detente a consistent policy for long enough that it could shape Lothian thinking. (And while I know that they are good-hearted people that are the victims of their own success and never-quit can-do attitude so that aggressor-states have lost quite a few worlds to them as conflicts drag on...) The Duchy of Tamarind Abbey has been one of the most explosively acquisitive states in the Dark Age; it now stretches from Illyria to Bolan and pursues its own expansionist foreign policy. I'm not suggesting the Lothians are or even ought to be more concerned of Tamarind-Abbey than the Marians, but I am suggesting that whether or not to take actions that would swing the balance of power away from Tamarind-Abbey is a decision they should be pondering now. The matter is on their doorstep.

EDIT: Of course it's possible that the result of their pondering could be to go through with abolishing slavery and snapping up some old Palatinate worlds. But I'd keep those guys in mind.
« Last Edit: 20 April 2021, 15:31:15 by Walrus Gumboot »

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1187 on: 20 April 2021, 17:51:46 »
I'm not so sure- the Caesar has made Lothian detente a consistent policy for long enough that it could shape Lothian thinking. (And while I know that they are good-hearted people that are the victims of their own success and never-quit can-do attitude so that aggressor-states have lost quite a few worlds to them as conflicts drag on...) The Duchy of Tamarind Abbey has been one of the most explosively acquisitive states in the Dark Age; it now stretches from Illyria to Bolan and pursues its own expansionist foreign policy. I'm not suggesting the Lothians are or even ought to be more concerned of Tamarind-Abbey than the Marians, but I am suggesting that whether or not to take actions that would swing the balance of power away from Tamarind-Abbey is a decision they should be pondering now. The matter is on their doorstep.

EDIT: Of course it's possible that the result of their pondering could be to go through with abolishing slavery and snapping up some old Palatinate worlds. But I'd keep those guys in mind.

As it can be, it can be anything, total the writers seem to be in the line of what you suggest to destroy the Marian Hegemony

I clarify that is what I think and others

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1188 on: 20 April 2021, 22:27:53 »
It's only a matter brought up that Lothians and Marians have warmed up because Lothian military can attend the Marian academies.  But it's not been decades to a century, a random blurb civil war isn't enough to make the Lothians want to get involved unless they were supporting a side.

And yeah, lot of Marian fans think we're getting axed soon.  Anything can happen, although I doubt the Capellan-Magistry will be considering punching the FWL anytime soon since Liao is fixed on Earth now.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1189 on: 21 April 2021, 03:01:52 »
And yes, waiting for hope is the last thing that is lost, although as I said in the group I am pessismic about the future

Viva Nova Roma! Hope is the last thing that is lost :)

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1190 on: 21 April 2021, 05:17:13 »
Life in a nutshell gentlemen.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1191 on: 21 April 2021, 11:12:25 »
While we wait for Friday to see what happens to us or what is possible because the Mul updates it days later, what do you think we will go from the Clan light mech this time? Or will they keep bringing us light and zero mechs up? From Inner Sphere Tech something falls, but not Clan

And will there still be no mention of the Marian Hegemony both in what is built or among the famous pilots?

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1192 on: 21 April 2021, 11:30:56 »

And yeah, lot of Marian fans think we're getting axed soon.  Anything can happen, although I doubt the Capellan-Magistry will be considering punching the FWL anytime soon since Liao is fixed on Earth now.

The Alphard region is too strong for that; who is going to spend the brigades and years to go in after it? The Hegemony has good fundamentals. Losing all the post-Clan Invasion gains is possible from here on out but the possible fall of the O'Reilly line is the potential faction-altering consequence I see from Dark Age reverses.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1193 on: 21 April 2021, 11:40:05 »
The Alphard region is too strong for that; who is going to spend the brigades and years to go in after it? The Hegemony has good fundamentals. Losing all the post-Clan Invasion gains is possible from here on out but the possible fall of the O'Reilly line is the potential faction-altering consequence I see from Dark Age reverses.

Curious, your theory about the end of the Hegemony is similar to that of another user who appeared and disappeared a few years ago

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1194 on: 21 April 2021, 12:39:28 »
Curious, your theory about the end of the Hegemony is similar to that of another user who appeared and disappeared a few years ago

I should hope so- it makes sense, it looks like one of the obvious possibilities given the situation. The Hegemony doesn't lack for internal legitimacy in the Alphard region at all, it survived the complete decapitation of its governance and job one of the most ambitious general at hand was to find the secret potential claimant (instead of quietly having him murdered, not bringing the matter up, and setting up a regional warlord). That's some impressive spontaneous legitimacy. That being said there have been a relentless series of reverses under the current Ceasar; they really are systematically losing a century of gains. But it is important to keep in mind that independent of that century of gains the core of the Hegemony is stable and powerful; good industry, loyal population, intact army, committed elite classes.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1195 on: 21 April 2021, 13:04:22 »
I should hope so- it makes sense, it looks like one of the obvious possibilities given the situation. The Hegemony doesn't lack for internal legitimacy in the Alphard region at all, it survived the complete decapitation of its governance and job one of the most ambitious general at hand was to find the secret potential claimant (instead of quietly having him murdered, not bringing the matter up, and setting up a regional warlord). That's some impressive spontaneous legitimacy. That being said there have been a relentless series of reverses under the current Ceasar; they really are systematically losing a century of gains. But it is important to keep in mind that independent of that century of gains the core of the Hegemony is stable and powerful; good industry, loyal population, intact army, committed elite classes.

Nobody wants that, except you and probably the authors of the Fluff to benefit a pet, if they do that they will lose all Hegemonic players, except those who want to be pets

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1196 on: 21 April 2021, 13:26:22 »

Nobody wants that, except you and probably the authors of the Fluff to benefit a pet, if they do that they will lose all Hegemonic players, except those who want to be pets

I don't want that- I see that as your worst-case scenario, and I don't see how the Hegemony being on the verge of extinction has a way forward.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #1197 on: 21 April 2021, 13:30:00 »
I don't want that- I see that as your worst-case scenario, and I don't see how the Hegemony being on the verge of extinction has a way forward.

Between extinction and a reduction to a puppet state there is no great difference
There are worse fates than death and disappearance, which is shame, and being reduced to a puppet or clown from the rest of the universe, there are people who would surely like

Since the Mechwarrior Clicktech Fluff, the Hegemony has embedded blow after blow, in general fluff, in technological development, in military development, in territorial expansion, they did not even drop an idea that the Hegemony instead of leaving the conquest of the neighbors began to colonize neighboring systems not inhabited or abandoned by others and there are already lots of them in the area
« Last Edit: 21 April 2021, 13:37:59 by Adacas »

Turaglas

• Master Sergeant
  • Embrace the suck
« Reply #1198 on: 21 April 2021, 15:13:20 »
I refer to it as punching bag syndrome after experiencing it for the better part of a decade well before joining the BT community.

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
« Reply #1199 on: 22 April 2021, 03:30:43 »
That's something the Hegemony and the Federated Suns has in common.

Register