Author Topic: Savage Wolf on ilClan back?  (Read 1393 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Savage Wolf on ilClan back?
« on: 20 July 2023, 15:47:38 »
Which Wolf unit is the paintjob on the Savage Wolf on the back of the ilClan supposed to be?  I do not recognize it.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Savage Wolf on ilClan back?
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2023, 16:44:21 »
It's Alaric's, as seen in the MechWarrior Legends book (exact same art), in proper Golden Keshik parade colors.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 16:51:56 by tassa_kay »
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2023, 16:57:01 »
It's Alaric's, as seen in the MechWarrior Legends book (exact same art), in proper Golden Keshik parade colors.

. . ?  He runs Beta Galaxy with the Silver Keshik.  Golden Keshik was with Garner and Alpha.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2023, 17:01:51 »
I didn't say it was accurate, I'm just reporting back what it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's certainly not the only example of misrepresented paint schemes in that book (see Malvina Hazen's Black Rose in Turkina Keshik colors).
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2023, 03:10:44 »
you wanna tell Alaric he's using the wrong paint scheme?
The Suns will shine again

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2023, 06:35:28 »
Alaric hell, who wants to tell MALVINA her 'Mech got mispainted?
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2023, 07:49:27 »
Alaric hell, who wants to tell MALVINA her 'Mech got mispainted?

I just got back from tellilng Malvina.  She politely informed me that everyone else had the wrong paint job.

On a completely unrelated note, anyone have a spare liver?  Asking for a friend.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2023, 08:36:55 »
Alaric has no equal, and neither does his mech, he can do as he likes  :laugh:

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2023, 12:03:50 »
I think it was an honest mistake.

That said, didnt Alaric have several copies of his mech running around Terra to prevent headhunting? We could say this is one of the decoys.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #9 on: 21 July 2023, 12:07:06 »
Not really, given that the exact same artwork is used in his MechWarrior Legends profile, and it would be the height of stupidity to showcase Alaric's decoy Mech.

The whole thing would be fine if they didn't have Garner and Alaric posted where they are. Why tf is the Khan leading Beta and the saKhan Alpha in the first place?
« Last Edit: 21 July 2023, 12:12:48 by tassa_kay »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2023, 13:24:59 »
Points at Refusal War Wolves.........

Nope, they have never been known to change positions randomly before.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2023, 13:27:46 »
Which explains absolutely nothing in this instance.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2023, 14:16:54 »
Not really, given that the exact same artwork is used in his MechWarrior Legends profile, and it would be the height of stupidity to showcase Alaric's decoy Mech.

The whole thing would be fine if they didn't have Garner and Alaric posted where they are. Why tf is the Khan leading Beta and the saKhan Alpha in the first place?

Galaxy Commander Alaric led Beta upon gaining that rank, during their participation in Op Hammerfall, and then when the Wolves ripped into the Lyrans the first time . . . the second time going as far as Tharkad.  Funny thing is in Bonfire his mech is painted to match the cluster he is leading on Olympia, the same pattern as described in Hour of the Wolf- a maroon/'wolf' brown/dried blood with bright orange highlights.

You dance with the one that 'brung ya' and you do not change out your familiar weapons for a new one going into battle.

To clarify my earlier statement though . . . I did not know the Silver Keshik's camo scheme off the top of my head, I just knew he was not Golden Keshik nor that the paint scheme was Beta.

Silver Keshik-

Beta Galaxy-

While the Golden Keshik . . . well, it is the right scheme and CamoSpecs even cites the back cover of ilClan
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #13 on: 21 July 2023, 14:28:53 »
Galaxy Commander Alaric led Beta upon gaining that rank, during their participation in Op Hammerfall, and then when the Wolves ripped into the Lyrans the first time . . . the second time going as far as Tharkad.  Funny thing is in Bonfire his mech is painted to match the cluster he is leading on Olympia, the same pattern as described in Hour of the Wolf- a maroon/'wolf' brown/dried blood with bright orange highlights.

I'm aware. I'm saying it makes no sense for him to continue to do that once he murdered his way into the Khanship.

You dance with the one that 'brung ya' and you do not change out your familiar weapons for a new one going into battle.

Alaric had years to "get familiar" with the Golden Keshik and Alpha Galaxy, so this doesn't really hold water.

For someone that's all about the power of symbolism (and about being first among equals), it's simply nonsensical to me that he wouldn't lead the literal and figurative alphas of the Wolf touman. But that's hardly the only stupid thing in ilClan/HotW, so c'est la vie I guess.

Register