Author Topic: (Answered) Double Heat Sinks in the engine  (Read 2381 times)

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
  • I was raised by a cup of coffee
(Answered) Double Heat Sinks in the engine
« on: 15 May 2011, 21:12:50 »
I've just designed my first mech using the tech manual and know that with single heat sinks 10 are given free though may not be all allocated in the engine. I was wondering how the rules for double heat sinks 2-3 times larger work.

In the example builds the executioner has room for 15 heat sinks in his engine and decides to equip 16 double. He only needs to allocate space for one. Is this true? (of course not to belittle the text infront of me) I really didn't feel comfortable quoting exact rules passages cause the rules for double heat sinks confused me as it was written. Using double heat sinks, it would lead me to believe that the amount of them you could fit would effectively halve or be a third of that, yet it doesn't seem to matter.

In a related note when those 10 heat sinks cannot be fully allocated in the engine, and again speaking of doubles, will they be reduced to only one critical slot a piece. Seems to keep everything consistant. I assume not but it actually just came to me.

And if the first question is truly written can someone give me fluff reasons as to why? Or was it just easier to make rules that way.
« Last Edit: 19 August 2012, 23:52:54 by Xotl »
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
Re: Double Heat Sinks in the engine
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2011, 12:31:52 »
No replies so i figure I'd bump it
it's a bit comforting knowing that to fire we're a same color- flammable. ~Orin J.

whiteshadowzo

• Master Sergeant
Re: Double Heat Sinks in the engine
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2011, 12:37:35 »
Had members PM me, clarifying the reading. Thank you for your help