Author Topic: New MekHQ Release v0.1.7  (Read 22834 times)

Demos

• Captain
Re: New MekHQ Release v0.1.7
« Reply #60 on: 03 June 2011, 09:36:18 »
The programm don't recognize some picture. as educted guess, I'd say because some are marked as not canon (e.g. Shadow Hawk IIC - Base model).
Got it.

But one question: Why are some old, basic and plain vanilla mechs marked as  'not canon'? Have this any effect for MekHQ?
« Last Edit: 03 June 2011, 10:38:09 by Demos »
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 03 June 2011, 10:27:15 »
I gave some warrior in my TO&E 'Edge', but after a restart (saved, of course) this input was lost.

The edge is a SPA and none of them save as of this version.  However, it has already been fixed for the next one.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #62 on: 03 June 2011, 10:31:03 »
  ;D

You did a great job explaining what I try to do, although I admit that I don't track the OPFOR in MHQ - but it's got me thinking.  If you ever do finalize your single-person campaign system, I'd love to see it.  Right now I use a combination of house rules and Dread Moore's great system.

If I do I'll post it.  Right now I've just got a few ideas rattling around.  The biggest problem is a logical battle system.  I like the one from the Tactical Handbook (the flowchart) but it's not really designed for larger forces.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: 03 June 2011, 10:33:05 »
I don't know if the bug has been fixed, but when you use two opposing forces in MekHQ, you start having units disappear on you when you start salvaging from the other side.  They (used to) share ID numbers and it had issues if the ID numbers for different mechs were the same.

I've never really had a problem with this.  However, altering the unit I.D. in the .mul is easy enough until there is a fix.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
« Reply #64 on: 03 June 2011, 12:53:44 »
But one question: Why are some old, basic and plain vanilla mechs marked as  'not canon'? Have this any effect for MekHQ?

Probably because we are not using the most-up to date mechfiles from MM.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

krazzyharry

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 03 June 2011, 13:55:25 »
is the only way to purchase "spare parts" for a campaign during the actual repair?  Hoping there is a way to start the campaign with a certain allocation of armor and ammo.

Starmage21

• Corporal
  • full of win
« Reply #66 on: 03 June 2011, 14:01:21 »
Probably because we are not using the most-up to date mechfiles from MM.
Isnt this a simple fix though? I mean, I keep my MekHQ and Megamek DEV in 1 folder, so they share mechfiles...

SandMan

• Master Sergeant
  • For Davion!
« Reply #67 on: 03 June 2011, 15:58:06 »
On the Interstellar Map, when you right click and go to Select Planet... how is that organized?  It's not alphabetical, it's not proximity to current position or cursor...  It looks completely random to me.  Alphabetical seems like it would make the most sense.  Thoughts?

ronalmb

• Private
« Reply #68 on: 03 June 2011, 16:44:35 »
Question:

I have a mech with a destroyed right arm. The repair message says that I "cannot repair an arm with a damaged shoulder. This arm must be scrapped and replaced instead."

My question is, How do I do this?

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #69 on: 03 June 2011, 17:34:34 »
is the only way to purchase "spare parts" for a campaign during the actual repair?  Hoping there is a way to start the campaign with a certain allocation of armor and ammo.

Not yet.  It's on the list.
Isnt this a simple fix though? I mean, I keep my MekHQ and Megamek DEV in 1 folder, so they share mechfiles...

This is also on the list.

On the Interstellar Map, when you right click and go to Select Planet... how is that organized?  It's not alphabetical, it's not proximity to current position or cursor...  It looks completely random to me.  Alphabetical seems like it would make the most sense.  Thoughts?

Right-click and select planet brings up an A-Z list.

Question:

I have a mech with a destroyed right arm. The repair message says that I "cannot repair an arm with a damaged shoulder. This arm must be scrapped and replaced instead."

My question is, How do I do this?

Right-click the component.  There will be 3 items on the list.  Mode (rush job, extra time), scrap component, and gm mode.  Select scrap component.

SandMan

• Master Sergeant
  • For Davion!
« Reply #70 on: 03 June 2011, 21:07:28 »
Right-click and select planet brings up an A-Z list.

Of course it does.  Now pick a letter and look at the list of planet names.  You'll see what I'm talking about immediately.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 03 June 2011, 21:31:32 »
Of course it does.  Now pick a letter and look at the list of planet names.  You'll see what I'm talking about immediately.

That's new.  Easier way to select a planet is using the search funtion though.  This was the method of searching before the direct interface was implemented.  Theres actually no reason to even have this list function anymore.
« Last Edit: 03 June 2011, 21:48:17 by mnmib1 »

ronalmb

• Private
« Reply #72 on: 03 June 2011, 21:55:43 »
Thank you for all the answers you provide, mnmib1! I have another one, then I will try to give everyone a break.

I have a player that has recovered a tank that is repairable. He wishes to strip it of all it's valuables instead of repair it. Does MekHQ support this? If so, how? If not, any suggestions or wisdom on how you would handle it?

EDIT: I have discovered this. On the item itself, you right click and choose Salvage. Nevermind then, but thanks still!
« Last Edit: 03 June 2011, 21:57:36 by ronalmb »

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 03 June 2011, 22:02:53 »
Thank you for all the answers you provide, mnmib1! I have another one, then I will try to give everyone a break.

I have a player that has recovered a tank that is repairable. He wishes to strip it of all it's valuables instead of repair it. Does MekHQ support this? If so, how? If not, any suggestions or wisdom on how you would handle it?

EDIT: I have discovered this. On the item itself, you right click and choose Salvage. Nevermind then, but thanks still!

Happy to help.

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #74 on: 04 June 2011, 13:32:27 »

You can also change the overall status of the unit from Repair to Salvage in the unit right click menu which will have the effect of that for all parts.

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: 04 June 2011, 21:09:00 »
Ran into a problem tonight, but it might just be user error.

I imported a salvage.mul into the game and salvaged two of the 'mechs, but they still appear in the hangar page.  They do not appear, at all, in the repair bay, and their parts are strewn all over the warehouse.

Do I have to manually remove them from the hangar screen via GM mode, or is there something else, or is this a bug I should post?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 04 June 2011, 22:46:25 »
I'm guessing you mean you stripped the units of all parts? In that case you just have to sell the chassis.

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 05 June 2011, 07:32:35 »
Yeah, I salvaged everything I could, and scrapped what I couldn't.  But I don't see an option to sell the chassis.  Where can I find that?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #78 on: 05 June 2011, 09:06:27 »
You can right click on the unit in the hanger tab and select sell.  But you have to have the finance options turned on in the campaign options.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: 05 June 2011, 10:12:28 »
I have a question about salaries.  Currently a enlisted 'MechTech is paid 480 C-Bills/month.  This is the formula that I see:

'MechTech = 800 * Regular = 1 * Enlisted = 0.6  Total = 480.
This is correct for the "named" technician themselves but I believe the actual salary formula should be:

'MechTech = 800 * Regular = 1 * Enlisted = 0.6 = 480.
6 AsTechs = 2880 (480*6) * Assistant/Able Body 0.5 * Enlisted 0.6 (I automatically assume astechs are enlisted) = 864.   Total = 1344 for a Regular TechTeam.

This would include the astechs in the salary calculation which is the way I believe it is supposed to be.  I know that astechs are short term hires but this could be implemented by altering the wage at the start date of the contract.

The same situation occurs in the case of MedTechs, although they have only 4 assistants.

This is the way that I read the rule but perhaps I am misinterpreting it.  If so, I have been WAY overcharging myself for tech support!

Let me know what you think and keep up the great work on this outstanding program.

rhino1085

• Corporal
« Reply #80 on: 06 June 2011, 12:56:37 »
You can right click on the unit in the hanger tab and select sell.  But you have to have the finance options turned on in the campaign options.

It's a little bit of a learning curve - figuring out what options can be done from what tab.  However, the program is working out great.  Keep up the incredible work.

Starmage21

• Corporal
  • full of win
« Reply #81 on: 06 June 2011, 13:11:29 »
found a new problem.

with aerospace, crits on fighters(avionics, fcs, landing gear, etc) are not recognised by mekhq. it doesnt clear the "acriticals" element/tag from repaired fighters either, so you can "fully repair" fighters in your repair tab, but if you bring those fighters back into megamek theyre still damaged.

i figured it was something thjat was overlooked on accident.

Border Legion

• Corporal
« Reply #82 on: 08 June 2011, 14:11:28 »
Hiya all
Long time lurker here in BT.  I don't want to sound like an Idiot but.... How do i get a mul file from the briefing room after i have used the TOE screen and deployed a lance? I get this far and cat seem to find a way to load less that pristine units that i have saved in the creation of my unit

Thanks for you understanding. 
May the odds be in MY favor

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #83 on: 08 June 2011, 14:43:54 »
I have a question about salaries.  Currently a enlisted 'MechTech is paid 480 C-Bills/month.  This is the formula that I see:

'MechTech = 800 * Regular = 1 * Enlisted = 0.6  Total = 480.
This is correct for the "named" technician themselves but I believe the actual salary formula should be:

'MechTech = 800 * Regular = 1 * Enlisted = 0.6 = 480.
6 AsTechs = 2880 (480*6) * Assistant/Able Body 0.5 * Enlisted 0.6 (I automatically assume astechs are enlisted) = 864.   Total = 1344 for a Regular TechTeam.

This would include the astechs in the salary calculation which is the way I believe it is supposed to be.  I know that astechs are short term hires but this could be implemented by altering the wage at the start date of the contract.

The same situation occurs in the case of MedTechs, although they have only 4 assistants.

This is the way that I read the rule but perhaps I am misinterpreting it.  If so, I have been WAY overcharging myself for tech support!

Let me know what you think and keep up the great work on this outstanding program.

Yeah, I am aware of that issue. It probably won't be sorted out for another couple of releases when I overhaul the way personnel are done in general (same with admins).

found a new problem.

with aerospace, crits on fighters(avionics, fcs, landing gear, etc) are not recognised by mekhq. it doesnt clear the "acriticals" element/tag from repaired fighters either, so you can "fully repair" fighters in your repair tab, but if you bring those fighters back into megamek theyre still damaged.

i figured it was something thjat was overlooked on accident.

It wasn't overlooked. Its just not implemented yet. The only repair/replacement system that is fully implemented is for mechs. I am working on aeros & vees right now, but frankly there are all kinds of problems with the rules for repair/replacement on vees and aeros. It takes you three months to replace a fighter engine, for example.

Long time lurker here in BT.  I don't want to sound like an Idiot but.... How do i get a mul file from the briefing room after i have used the TOE screen and deployed a lance? I get this far and cat seem to find a way to load less that pristine units that i have saved in the creation of my unit

Are you talking about how to get a MUL to enter into MM or how to retrieve a MUL after playing a game of MM?

Border Legion

• Corporal
« Reply #84 on: 08 June 2011, 15:01:33 »
after the first battle and i have repaired the mechs with my meager suplies.  i have damaged mechs. where is the mul file after the partial repairs. then sending out  teh damaged unit.  That is the mul i cant find to back into MM

and thanks for the quick reponse

Downslide

• Master Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc
« Reply #85 on: 08 June 2011, 16:04:01 »
How does one add/purchase supplies for one's warehouse?
Everyman thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. - Samuel Johnson

Yes, combat really is a hurtful, deadly thing. 

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #86 on: 08 June 2011, 16:15:23 »
after the first battle and i have repaired the mechs with my meager suplies.  i have damaged mechs. where is the mul file after the partial repairs. then sending out  teh damaged unit.  That is the mul i cant find to back into MM

I am not sure I fully understand. Lets make sure you are doing everything the right way. On the Briefing Room tab, with the correct scenario selected on the scenario table, you should click the "Get MUL" button. That should save a copy of the MUL file for the units deployed to that scenario. This MUL file should include any current damage to such units. Then after you have completed the battle in MM and saved the MUL file that you get at the end, you hit "Resolve Scenario" and select that MUL file as your "Recovered Units File." Is that the way you have been doing it?

How does one add/purchase supplies for one's warehouse?

You don't yet. The only way to get supplies is through the acquisition roll when you actually need a part. A parts store is coming in the near future.

Border Legion

• Corporal
« Reply #87 on: 08 June 2011, 16:42:31 »
Taharqa

Thanks for your help.  I was trying to use the get mul file as an after battle mul, but it is the mul file i need that shows the damage to the mechs. 

Great program and thanks for all your Help

Thatguybil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #88 on: 08 June 2011, 17:08:01 »
Taharqa

Thanks for your help.  I was trying to use the get mul file as an after battle mul, but it is the mul file i need that shows the damage to the mechs. 

Great program and thanks for all your Help
The after battle mul will be found in your megamek directory. Not the megamekHQ directory.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #89 on: 08 June 2011, 21:18:07 »
Yeah, I am aware of that issue. It probably won't be sorted out for another couple of releases when I overhaul the way personnel are done in general (same with admins).

Fair enough.  I know that you have been overhauling the repair process.  Moving from a "task" oriented to a part oriented.  I was just wondering what the difference/advantage was?