Author Topic: "Avengers Assemble!" -- first official trailer for 'The Avengers' [2012]  (Read 7391 times)

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
And I must say, that it is somewhat impressive. Though I'm still not inclined to assume that Loki will be the main antagonist.

Interestingly, I like the fact that the new actor playing Bruce Banner looks a little like Eric Bana's "Banner" from the 2003 Hulk film.

Anyway, here 'tis:- http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2011/10/11/watch-the-trailer-for-marvels-the-avengers/
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Pretty sure the first trailer was played after Captain America?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
As I recall, that was just a teaser trailer. This is the first full-length feature trailer released for the upcoming film.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Falchion

• Captain
Thor has no sleeves? I have a bad feeling where this is going if he'd regained his sleeves at the end of his movie...
The one, the only, the unnecessary Falchion!

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
I haven't had much money for going to the movies lately, because I don't have a job, but thank you for sharing this trailer with us. :)
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Wombat

• Captain
Epic. I'm there.
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Hm, yeah, not the same one . . . but I like.  It looks like Hawkeye and Widow will get somewhat equal time even if they did not get their own movies (yet).
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

ShockaTime

• Captain
So pumped for this movie. It will be awesome.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Marwynn

• Major
Looks great, hope there's a worthwhile story in there. Great casting, good special effects, hope I can see it in IMAX.

Falchion

• Captain
Hm, yeah, not the same one . . . but I like.  It looks like Hawkeye and Widow will get somewhat equal time even if they did not get their own movies (yet).

Hawkeye: The Movie - Two hours of Jeremy Renner shooting people in the face with arrows.
Black Widow: The Movie - Two hours of Scarlett Johansson beating people up in increasingly Zack Snyder-like ways.

While I would personally be greatly entertained by such movies, I doubt other people would be.
The one, the only, the unnecessary Falchion!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Aside from the Cat Woman abortion, they have not had a real female superhero movie.  Done right, it stands a chance of beating all the rest.
Colt Ward

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
With movies about female superheroes running 0 for 2 after Catwoman and Electra, it's doubtful there are too many studios interested in producing another one.  Doesn't help that female superheroes tend to have lamer origin stories and that there are relatively few serious female solo superheroes, most of them are members of a team (and rarely team leaders, either).
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Aside from the Cat Woman abortion, they have not had a real female superhero movie.  Done right, it stands a chance of beating all the rest.

haven't they failed to get production on the DC Wonder Woman movie off the ground like..5 times now?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Thor has no sleeves? I have a bad feeling where this is going if he'd regained his sleeves at the end of his movie...

But he's working for/with SHIELD.  You'd think they could get him some sleeves.   ;D  Wouldn't want their "Pet God" catching cold now, would they?   ;)

What about the Supergirl movie?  Nobody liked that one?  ???

Oh wait.  That one was from the '80's, before most of you were even born.   :o

;D

Anyway, I've read somewhere recently that it depends on how well The Avengers movie goes as to whether or not Hawkeye and Black Widow get their own movies or not.  It will be interesting to see where Stan Lee makes his appearance!  8)  I thought the "Teaser Trailer" at the end of Captain America was Great!  I can't wait to see the full-length trailer!

To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
What about the Supergirl movie?  Nobody liked that one?  ???

Oh wait.  That one was from the '80's, before most of you were even born.   :o

I liked it...does that count?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
  • I draw stuff for a miniatures company
What about the Supergirl movie?  Nobody liked that one?

I liked Helen Slater in the skirt, if that counts...
1st Battalion, 91st Royal Battlemech Regiment, 26th Light Brigade Combat Team, 61st Infantry Division, XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, SLDF

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Tagged.  Damn wife, her tv, and 4 kids!
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
I also liked Super girl..  As for this.. I liked it.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
I liked Helen Slater in the skirt, if that counts...

The only good part of an otherwise bad movie.  Of course, 45 minutes of the film ended up on the cutting room floor apparently and a coherent plot was apparently in there somewhere originally.
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Dread Moores

• Captain

Not with ScarJo involved.

Gardensnake

• Corporal

He appears to have two different costumes. In some scenes he has sleves and others not, unless the sleeved Thor is an illusion of Loki.

William

Daishi411

• Captain
i'm for sure there on this one, heck even if i didn;t like the trailer i'd be there since i've watched the individual ones already, it makes no sense not to finish

personally i think a hawkeye movie could be really cool, though with renner playing him i get the feeling it may have to take on a less 'superhero-y' feel
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
Something like Batman or Dare Devil?
Colt Ward

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
Not with ScarJo involved.
Idk, I liked "The Island" and that wasn't too bad.
1st Battalion, 91st Royal Battlemech Regiment, 26th Light Brigade Combat Team, 61st Infantry Division, XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, SLDF

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
I am there.  Especially if Tony Stark gets all the good lines.  Just as long as he doesn't become Wolverine. 

I think a Hawkeye film would could be good, but he isn't well enough known to not have his backstory mucked all up/re-imagined  by whatever hacks they would throw at it.  I have always had a soft spot for Clint Barton.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
Just as long as they don't use too much of the Ultimate Hawkeye, though that doesn't seem to be a problem with the films.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
I am there.  Especially if Tony Stark gets all the good lines.
Steve: "Take away the suit and what are you?"
Tony: "A genius billionaire playboy?"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
That line right there was enough to make me want to see that movie.

Robert Downey Jr plays the role perfectly.

Banzai

• Major
  • Team Banzai visits Jurassic Park.
Exactly.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
I think a Hawkeye film would could be good, but he isn't well enough known to not have his backstory mucked all up/re-imagined  by whatever hacks they would throw at it.  I have always had a soft spot for Clint Barton.

A Hawkeye film could work, but it really needs to be "Ultimate Hawkeye." And with the way the Marvel Universe films are going, that's likely to be the case, so...