Author Topic: "Airship Pirates" New Steampunk RPG in pre-release  (Read 1482 times)

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
"Airship Pirates" New Steampunk RPG in pre-release
« on: 02 July 2011, 14:39:45 »
New RPG in a Steampunk post-apocalyptic setting is now in pre-release sales.

Based on the writings of Captain Robert from the Band: "Abney Park".

Looks like fun, and I thought I'd give everyone here a heads-up, since they don't have the sort of advertising budget that would allow for a huge marketing campaign.

http://abneypark.com/market/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=46

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
Re: "Airship Pirates" New Steampunk RPG in pre-release
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2011, 21:36:56 »
Interesting.

I liked Aether Shanties [as I recall, it was a Worktroll-recommendation that brought me knowledge of the group], and I was initially intrigued by the rumours of a possible RPG coming for the setting of their later albums.

I'll be looking into this.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2011, 23:04:35 »
For some reason it seems like there is a lot of Steampunk games being release or something along the same lines. Like Levithans for example.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

BlackAce

• Master Sergeant
  • Wielder of the Holy Heavy Bolter of Bethlehem
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2011, 00:22:16 »
It's just the usual rpg ideas cycle. Every designer is looking for the nex new original idea. Unfortunately everybody tends to come up with the same one.  Just like in video games. Everyone was releasing sci-fi survival horrors, then everyone was releasing World War 2 games, then everyone was releasing Vietnam games.... Now we're back to a mix of sci-fi Survival Horrors and Modern Warfare games.
Delivered from the blast,
Last of a line of lasts,
The pale princess of a palace cracked.
And now the kingdom comes;
crashing down undone,
And I am a master of a nothing place,
Of recoil and grace.

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2011, 01:45:59 »
Of course, some RPG cycles are locked in infinite loops -- such as those relating to drow and/or shadow-this and shadow-that.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.