Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 172135 times)

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #120 on: 19 September 2018, 00:14:45 »
“Tai-i Kalakaua to Nejiro control. Over”
“Control to Tai-i Kalakaua we read you. Over”
“Control my security patrol has spotted mechs in the Shinrin Forest. Requesting orders. Over”
“Control to Tai-i Kalakaua roger mechs in Shinrin. Did you patrol get an ID on any of them? Over”
“Negative control they were in too deep to spot. Over”
“Tai-i have you patrol return to base. Over”
“Roger control. Security patrol RTB. Over and out”

“Tai-i Kalakaua to Shujin Tanaka your patrol is to return to base. Over”
“Shujin Tanaka. To command, roger command RTB. Over and out.”

“Nejiro command to all GSF commands you are to prep a force to move out in one half hour. We have a report of Mechs in the Shinrin Forest.”

OK people here we go. Normal Drill you get 1 Mech, 1 Armored, 1 Infantry and 1 you pick.
We will be using maps and with luck we will have our northern friend playing via some form of vid link.
the maps will be 2 of heavy woods 31, 2 of heavy woods #2, large lake #1 and woodland.
lay out will be
woodland - large lake #1
heavy woods #2 - heavy woods #1
heavy woods #1 - heavy woods #2
you will be entering on the large lake map. it is the only place your transport will be able to drop you without problems.
you all should talk to each other about what you are going to bring to the table.
Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG with this post!
5 maps?
 heavy woods #1? heavy woods #2?
 FASA, Fanpro, nor Catalyst ever published  maps heavy woods #1 and #2. Did you mean heavy forest?
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #121 on: 19 September 2018, 11:50:47 »
Something is SERIOUSLY WRONG with this post!
5 maps?
 heavy woods #1? heavy woods #2?
 FASA, Fanpro, nor Catalyst ever published  maps heavy woods #1 and #2. Did you mean heavy forest?

6 maps sir
woodland is 1 - large lake # 1 is 2
heavy forest # 2 is 3 - heavy forest #1 is 3
heavy forest # 1 is 4 - heavy forest # 2 is 6

call them what your want. heavy woods or forest same thing  ;D. lots of trees  :P

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: 19 September 2018, 14:24:24 »
forest to a light infantry means old growth, woods means new growth(lots and lots and lots of thick undergrowth). FYO
 8)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #123 on: 19 September 2018, 15:19:41 »
Those heavy woods maps were banned by the demo team, FYI.  Everyone hated them.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #124 on: 19 September 2018, 15:41:26 »
good thing this isn't a sanctioned event. What edge are we entering from? :D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #125 on: 19 September 2018, 16:26:02 »
Those heavy woods maps were banned by the demo team, FYI.  Everyone hated them.

These are the original maps not the ones just tested

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #126 on: 20 September 2018, 01:01:48 »
Here at Drink Spirits we get a dizzying array of new products. Once in a while we get something that doesn't really fit into any category.This is the case with Solbeso, a new spirit that's made from cacao fruit. It would be a complete misnomer to say that because Solbeso is made from cacao fruit that it is a chocolate spirit. Solbeso isn't actually made from the bean part of the cacao plant (which is used to make chocolate) but rather from the fruit that surrounds the bean in the cacao pod. The fruit in the cacao pod is extremely perishable and only has a shelf life of about eight hours after a cacao pod is opened, so it is not a product that is often seen outside the cacao harvesting regions. Seeing the opportunity for a unique product, Solbeso works with cacao farmers to process this cacao fruit on site where it's both juiced and set out in the sun to dry. Solbeso gets its name from this sun drying process, as it's the fusion of the two Spanish words "Sol" which means sun, and "Beso" which means kiss. Solbeso is distilled locally near the cacao farms in specially designed hybrid column-style and cognac-style copper alembic stills.
Solbeso (80 proof, 40%ABV, 45 Ryu) is crystal clear in color and bottled in a stunning gold-kissed bottle. From the first nosing, it's clear that Solbeso has absolutely no chocolate aromas; instead the nose is much close to pisco, with a light, fruity, and floral quality. There's a little bit of funk and a steminess to the nose, which has a slight edge to it, the way that some single distilled spirits do (although there is no information on how many times this has been distilled). The entry for Solbeso is a lot lighter and less edgy than the nose would suggest. The initial flavors are light, tart berry and roasted sweet citrus, with the light floral qualities from the nose and a subtle earthy tone. In the midpalate we get a lot more of the steminess that was an undercurrent in the nose. We also get a touch of pepper and a dash of heat. The finish is fairly long and is a nice combination of the light berry note, slight steminess, slight spice, and a bit of earthiness. The mouthfeel of Solbeso is really pleasant, starting very soft and slightly lush, and then slowly drying out to the finish.
Solbeso may be enjoyed neat or over ice.
Ladies as Valentine's Day approaches please note the Chocolate Council has declared Solbeso an appropriate choice for both honmei choco and giri choco.

« Last Edit: 20 September 2018, 01:05:20 by eilidhdawn »

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #127 on: 20 September 2018, 12:41:08 »
Well that answers that question. Still waiting for response on which edge we enter on.

From the desk of

Sho-Sa Haji Salaam
Commander of Arkad Harib

To all allied commands: I recommend the use of fast moving aerial transport to deliver any infantry, jump capable, into the woods to flush, the as of yet, unidentified targets out of the woods.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #128 on: 20 September 2018, 12:54:21 »

[/quote]
Well that answers that question. Still waiting for response on which edge we enter on.

lay out will be
woodland - large lake #1
you will be entering on the large lake map. it is the only place your transport will be able to drop you without problems.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #129 on: 20 September 2018, 15:19:55 »
These are the original maps not the ones just tested
Are we talking about the ones that was one big forest with only clear hexes around the periphery of the map?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #130 on: 20 September 2018, 17:05:03 »
Are we talking about the ones that was one big forest with only clear hexes around the periphery of the map?

Yes we are. And yes the magic hex row will be clear. Enter if you dare  >:D

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #131 on: 20 September 2018, 22:30:16 »
OK people here we go. Normal Drill you get 1 Mech, 1 Armored, 1 Infantry and 1 you pick.
We will be using maps and with luck we will have our northern friend playing via some form of vid link.
the maps will be 2 of heavy woods 31, 2 of heavy woods #2, large lake #1 and woodland.
lay out will be
woodland - large lake #1
you all should talk to each other about what you are going to bring to the table.

okay this is what i have come up with so far
tarantula
manteuffel
(bravo) karnov

question - can i field my alpha crew in the bravo karnov? since there ride is out for the count

now to my fellow players i am having a hard time deciding on my last unit and would like some feedback
do i field my Archer who is a 2/3
or do i field my wolverine (kiah's ride) who is a 3/4
cant decide between better gunner (archer) or a jump capable (wolverine)

any thoughts?????

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #132 on: 21 September 2018, 01:03:59 »
Hope your clanner isn't uncomfortable in a brawl. Doubtful we will be able to take them down at range WITHOUT damaging the brandy harvest. Wolverine is my recommendation.

At present Akab Harid forces comprise on field;

Exterminator

Firestarter omni: Primary config.

I.S. Battle Armor(mg)/ Bandit aplha config.(transport)

Schiltron: B config

That's right there is a master in the field for link up IF your software, firewall, and ISF protocols speak D.C.
« Last Edit: 21 September 2018, 01:07:59 by ogremage »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #133 on: 21 September 2018, 15:04:58 »
I will deploy my Archer, Griffin, Warrior, and Karnov A with friends.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #134 on: 21 September 2018, 16:37:50 »
well lets not damage the brandy production.

and the governor frowns deeply on destruction of the planet

anyone else have thoughts on which mech i should add to my force?

the archer with the better gunnery and piloting or the wolverine for the jump ability

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #135 on: 21 September 2018, 18:51:48 »
The jumpers rule in this terrain. Go with the Wolverine.
Shadhawk, could we have an update on where our warrior skills are at this point?

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #136 on: 22 September 2018, 16:21:19 »

KOHAKU KEIKAI

minor female missing Tatiana 'Ana' Militza Konstantinovich

age 14, height 1.52 meters, weight 47.67 kg, build slim, hair long black, eyes amber   
 student of dance at the Farasha School of Performing Arts in Yousai

reported missing on 3068 01 26, from Patriarch Ioann Konstantinovich, her grandfather's, holiday home La Colline de Chatau overlooking Lido del Grotticelle located near the small village of Maccarro Cove on the Cote d'Azur where she was staying with her family to attend the Festival del Cinema in Lanikai 
       her father Rudov Konstantinovich, General Counsel for VIM {Velikiy Imperatorsky Morskoy}, has accused the Kahele Ichizoku of taking her

« Last Edit: 22 September 2018, 16:25:08 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #137 on: 22 September 2018, 18:17:29 »
Aerospaziale della Galassia

Chairman Veronika Tikhonovich
                                       CEO Shura Jensen

Division One
The design, engineering, construction and maintenance of executive jets, passenger airliners, and combat aircraft. Providing air transport for heads of state and government officials throughout the sphere with executive jets that can accommodate up to eighteen passengers and six crew members with four distinct living areas that may include airborne early warning, medical evacuation and care, high atmosphere research, intelligence, and surveillance. At home the Field and Airborne Support Team program transports tools, parts, and technicians via air, train, or van to all our domestic aircraft under warranty.

Division Two
Cyber Security Solutions has for more than 145 years developed information assurance technologies integral to defending critical systems and information. We defend networks against dynamic threats by developing, deploying, and sustaining encryption products, systems, and services. We design, build, deploy, and support intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance solutions, including signals and information collection, processing, distribution systems, and imagery sensors. We deliver multi intelligence ground systems and large scale high performance data, and signals processing. Our high reliability long life sensors and payloads are designed to perform in the most extreme environments, including space payloads, undersea sensors, and power systems. We offer secure communications, broadband networking, and antenna technologies, including field and mobile radio, and satellite communications providing secure tactical voice and data communications.

Division Three
Our ordnance and tactical systems provides an extensive range of weapons systems needs at all levels of strategic and tactical operations. For ground forces we manufacture heavy machine guns and grenade launchers. We provide weapons for shipboard applications, airborne platforms, and fighter aircraft, including high speed gatling guns for all fixed wing military aircraft. Our munitions portfolio covers the full breadth of naval, air, and ground forces applications across all calibers and weapon platforms.

« Last Edit: 03 March 2020, 16:15:47 by eilidhdawn »

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #138 on: 22 September 2018, 19:46:11 »
okay after going though my personnel i am doing a change of plans
here is what i am feeling 

tarantula
manteuffel
(alpha) karnov
Trebachet

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #139 on: 22 September 2018, 19:51:09 »

KOHAKU KEIKAI

minor female missing Tatiana 'Ana' Militza Konstantinovich

age 14, height 1.52 meters, weight 47.67 kg, build slim, hair long black, eyes amber   
 student of dance at the Farasha School of Performing Arts in Yousai

reported missing on 3068 01 26, from Patriarch Ioann Konstantinovich, her grandfather's, holiday home La Colline de Chatau overlooking Lido del Grotticelle located near the small village of Maccarro Cove on the Cote d'Azur where she was staying with her family to attend the Festival del Cinema in Lanikai 
       her father Rudov Konstantinovich, General Counsel for VIM {Velikiy Imperatorsky Morskoy}, has accused the Kahele Ichizoku of taking her

Kiah circulates this information to all of her people, including the children since you never know where a missing child may turn up

is this area where she has gone missing near where we will be ??

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #140 on: 22 September 2018, 19:57:49 »
question
can we get information on which clans are in this area ??
are there any towns/civilians ??? nearby??
Kiah will ask for updated Intel re any further sightings of the bogies so she can update the force that is responding

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #141 on: 22 September 2018, 22:50:35 »
“Sho-sa Salaam the elders want to see you.”

“Sho-sa, would you please sit down.”
“We have a proposal for you. The DCMS has asked us to supply a small combined arms unit to a settlement. We would like you to head up this unit.”
“I am honored that you would pick me for such a mission.”
“We are glad you are willing to do this. You will be able to pick the warriors you feel best for this mission. We will recommend that you take some of the warriors that have battle armor training.”
“”We have been informed by our DCMS liaison that any infantry and battle armor warriors will be able to take part in advanced training at this posting.”
“It will take you about 2 months to get to this posting so you will want to keep this in mind when you pick your warriors.”
‘You will be part of the local Governors defense forces. She has made arrangements for other mixed forces units to defend the settlement.”
“She? The person that is in charge is a woman?”
“Yes Sho-sa do you have a problem with this?”
“No elders. I will do my duty.”
“That is good Sho-sa. You will find that this woman is very capable and is of high honor.”
“You will report to Chiji Meiyo Saganami when you make planet fall.
“Sha-so you may want to read this on your trip.” Hands him a data disk. “It is an over view of the settlement and the.”
“Sho-sa you have a week to pick your team and report to the DropShip Effervescent Magnitude.”

On board the DropShip Effervescent Magnitude now in the Nejiro system.
“Sho-sa I hope you and your people have enjoyed you trip.”
“Yes Tai-sa your crew has been most helpful with this long trip.”
“We will be landing at the space port in a few hours so you and your crew may want to look over your gear.”
“Thank You we shall.”

On the tarmac.
“Sho-sa Salaam I am Jack Nakatomi I will be working with you as the military liaison here on Nijero.”
“Very good. When do I get to meet with the Chiji?”
“Soon but first we can use so of your unit in the field. We have some units operating in a wooded area and they are not part of our security force.”

OK so this is your intro to one of our new crews from the north  :thumbsup: this is Ogermage's unit. as Bruce said in Die Hard "Welcome to the party Pal"

We will be getting one more that is a friend of Ogre's. he may not post much as his toy does not like the site. got to love e-toys  ::) but we will keep him informed and all here for him  :thumbsup: he will be running a ComGuard force.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #142 on: 23 September 2018, 12:52:55 »
Welcome to you, Ogremage, looking forward to having you involved!

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #143 on: 23 September 2018, 19:24:10 »
for the next rotation of training i am doing the following

i am putting my bravo karnov personal in for advanced scout sniper

i am also putting my alpha boat into security ship board training

i am reviewing what other training i maybe doing and will post if i am doing any more then this

>:D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #144 on: 23 September 2018, 19:25:51 »
Can someone give me the date for mission #32?  I can reconstruct which units went on what missions with that information.
Sorry we didn't see you, Obnoxious Twerp. :'(

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #145 on: 23 September 2018, 22:38:58 »
Can someone give me the date for mission #32?  I can reconstruct which units went on what missions with that information.
Sorry we didn't see you, Obnoxious Twerp. :'(

Christine’s Force
ZPH-2A Tarantula
Manteuffel Attack Tank Prime
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (A)
Karnov UR Transport ’55 (Bravo)
Gray Death Scout Armor Laser (C)
Gray Death Scout Armor Laser (D)
Jump Infantry Squad Laser (B)
Ready 5
WVR-8K Wolverine
Dave’s Force
WVR-7M Wolverine
Regulator Hovertank (Bravo)
Badger Tracked Transport
Fa Shih Battle Armor Laser
Fa Shih Battle Armor MG
Ready 5
Regulator Hovertank (Alpha)
John’s Force
VL-2T Vulcan
Vedette Medium Tank
Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle
Foot infantry Platoon LRM
Ready 5
WLF-2 Wolfhound

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #146 on: 23 September 2018, 23:10:33 »
Before I forget next mission will be 10/21

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #147 on: 24 September 2018, 01:42:58 »
Out in the Eastern Desert
Riku is watching the screens when he large EM reading on his secondary monitor. “WHAT THE?!”
“Hay what is going on back there?” asks Reo from the driver’s seat.
“I have a major EM reading in quadrant 3” Riku informs Reo.
“What kind of EM reading.” Asks Touma from his weapons console.
“One that has the needle pegged to max.”  Riku answers back.
“OK all of you calm down. Riku feed your readings to my station.” Niko tells Riku from her command station.
“Tawagoto that is a lot of EM moving south east. Riku give me a plot of what that might run into.” Niko looking at her screen.
“Well if it does not change course it will hit the Camp Haken in a couple days.” Riku informs Niko.
“Anything along that path?” She asks.
“OH BAKA, yes the Mushashi estate is before the Merc Camp!” Riku stares at his maps.
“Keep an eye on the EM track Riku.” Niko switches over to her comms station.
“Maijkkubokkusu to Firebird. Come in Firebird.” Niko watches the EM reading as it keeps moving south.
“Maijkkubokkusu to Firebird. Come in Firebird.” Niko switches channels. “Reo get this thing moving and find us some hi-ground so I can get a better signal.”
“Yes mam!”
“Just one more reason I hate recon patrols in the area.” Niko states more to herself then anyone.
“Maijkkubokkusu to Firebird. Come in Firebird.” She tries once more
“Niko I just lost the feed. Something must have happened on the other end as all my gear is working.” Riku states as all he now has is static.
“OK people we have to get this info to Firebird so keep your eyes open.” She informs her crew.
“Maijkkubokkusu to Firebird. Come in Firebird.” Once more she hits the com button.
“Control to Maijkkubokkusu we read you.”
“CONTROL GET FIREBIRD ASAP!” She barks over the line.
In the central control center.
“Were is Firebird I have Maijkkbokkusu on the line and she is demanding to speak with him now.”
“He’s at the Drop Port.”
“Then get the Drop Port to get him on the line now. Niko does not rattle easy and she does make demands like this.”
Over at the Drop Port
“Sha-so I am glad that you will be personally leading your unit on this mission.”
A young man running with a sat-phone and half out of breath interrupts the two men talking.
“Sir we have Maijkkuokkusu on the line. She need to speak with you ASAP.”
“Sha-so please forgive me. I know you will want to get back to your unit.”
The officer turns and heads to the DropShip that just brought him to this world.
“Go-cho can I have that phone.”
“OH Yes sir.” He hands over the phone.
“Firebird to Maijkkukkusu go”
“Firebird we have a large EM track heading to The Dragons Clutch. Over’
“Roger that. ETA? Over”
“At present speed one day. Over”
“Roger that ETA one day. Any idea on what it maybe. Over”
“If I had to bet about a company of Kokuryu-kai, maybe more. Over”
“Understood. Get you team to a safe spot and try to keep an eye on them. Over”
“Roger that Firebird. We have lost one toy already, do you want us to send another? Over”
“Roger one toy broken. Yes use one more to track but only one. Keep the others out to watch your six. Over”
“Copy that Firebird. One to watch, the others watch our six. Out”
Jack hands the sat-phone back to the young man. He then heads to the Drop Port control center.
“Get my wife on the line now.”

“Firebird to all commands you are now on code red. I say again code red. Orders to follow.”

OK crew it is now on  >:D

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #148 on: 24 September 2018, 05:22:36 »
Christine’s Force
ZPH-2A Tarantula
Manteuffel Attack Tank Prime
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (A)
Karnov UR Transport ’55 (Bravo)
Gray Death Scout Armor Laser (C)
Gray Death Scout Armor Laser (D)
Jump Infantry Squad Laser (B)
Ready 5
WVR-8K Wolverine
Dave’s Force
WVR-7M Wolverine
Regulator Hovertank (Bravo)
Badger Tracked Transport
Fa Shih Battle Armor Laser
Fa Shih Battle Armor MG
Ready 5
Regulator Hovertank (Alpha)
John’s Force
VL-2T Vulcan
Vedette Medium Tank
Goblin Infantry Support Vehicle
Foot infantry Platoon LRM
Ready 5
WLF-2 Wolfhound
I need the date of the mission, or of the following mission so I can reconstruct my unit makeup for subsequent missions.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #149 on: 24 September 2018, 09:53:15 »
I need the date of the mission, or of the following mission so I can reconstruct my unit makeup for subsequent missions.

Something Moved happened 67/12, recon near Leaf, Hand of the Goddess not present, dealing with avalanche in patrol area
Jack in the Box, the next mission happened soon, 67/12, after, recovery mission still near Leaf, Hand of the Goddess forces present Griffin, Warrior, Karnov alpha, IS BA laser C and D

Register