Author Topic: Movement Phase ? for transported units:  (Read 717 times)

Dameon

• Recruit
Movement Phase ? for transported units:
« on: 18 March 2024, 23:00:15 »
When counting how many Units each player has at the start to the Movement Phase, are Units currently being transported counted?

Example: A player has 5 Omnimechs and 5 Elementals, but all of the Elementals are currently riding on the 'mechs. Does the player have 5 Units or 10 Units for determining alternating movement?

As my local play group(s) currently understand it: Since the Transport moves and then the transported Unit can dismount and make its move as part of the Transport's move, it seams the logical interpretation is that the Transporting Unit and any Units being transported should count as a single Unit when determining the # of units at the start of the Movement Phase. Meaning in the above example the player would count 5 Units. However, this does not seam to be explicitly stated and so is leading to some confusion.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: Movement Phase ? for transported units:
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2024, 23:32:33 »
This was a recent errata question.
It’s in the new 6th printing

You can see it here

https://bg.battletech.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/Alpha-Strike-Commanders-Edition-2024-01-22-v6.03.pdf

6 Mobile vs. Immobile (p. 32)
At the end of the paragraph insert the following:
If a unit begins the Movement Phase unable to move on its own, whether it is immobile, shutdown, or being transported, carried or towed, the unit does not receive a movement this turn.

5 mechs transporting 5 infantry are 5 initiatives. You can’t sink with the transported infantry
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Burzmali

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2024, 07:19:57 »
While I like the rule change, it is weird that immobilized APCs can no longer disembark troops, even if that APC is an Omni with the troops being BA that are clinging to the exterior.

Dameon

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2024, 13:48:46 »
This was a recent errata question.
It’s in the new 6th printing

Thank you for that, now I can actually reference a specific page and rule.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2024, 18:32:24 »
While I like the rule change, it is weird that immobilized APCs can no longer disembark troops, even if that APC is an Omni with the troops being BA that are clinging to the exterior.

That's a good point.  Interesting that no one pointed that out before it went live.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem