Author Topic: Deep Periphery characters  (Read 2122 times)

Trellis Serf

• Recruit
Deep Periphery characters
« on: 09 April 2017, 10:28:55 »
I was going to necro this thread concerning making a religious character.  Namely a ranger nun.  Silly, perhaps.  The forum suggested I start a new topic instead of reanimating that other one.

My players love frontier games, so a few of our games take place in the Periphery.  Having purchased a bunch of new books, I saw the character creation for the Society of St. Andrews.  The history rather appeals to me and for a character concept.  The game, too, is going to be set in that general region.

Couple quick questions:
1.  With the affiliation Deep Periphery/Society of St. Andrews, do you also add the generic Deep Periphery bonuses?
2.  Is there 10 xp missing from the affiliation?  I kept doing the math and came out to +40 every time.  I searched for errata in all the forums and couldn't find any.  I can't help but think maybe there's a +10 in another survival skill, considering it's the Deep Periphery, or if it's +10 in a religious interest beyond just Interest/Catholic history.  Maybe +10 Protocol/Religious order.

A couple of the other affiliations are short XP, too.

Lamont-Cranston

• Corporal
Re: Deep Periphery characters
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2017, 21:29:02 »
Interstellar Players 2 provides information on the Cult of St Cameron and its knights, who use a vibrobroadsword, there are MW3 stats too.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2017, 21:39:54 »
Couple quick questions:
1.  With the affiliation Deep Periphery/Society of St. Andrews, do you also add the generic Deep Periphery bonuses?

I believe that is the intention.

2.  Is there 10 xp missing from the affiliation?  I kept doing the math and came out to +40 every time.  I searched for errata in all the forums and couldn't find any.  I can't help but think maybe there's a +10 in another survival skill, considering it's the Deep Periphery, or if it's +10 in a religious interest beyond just Interest/Catholic history.  Maybe +10 Protocol/Religious order.

A couple of the other affiliations are short XP, too.

It happens from time to time. I would suggest adding an additional 10 free XP to even it out.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Stallion12

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2017, 21:03:52 »
Which book is this from?

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2017, 21:09:23 »
These affiliations come from the Interstellar Expeditions Sourcebook.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!