Author Topic: Customer Service  (Read 139796 times)

delta_blue

• Recruit
Re: Customer Service
« Reply #270 on: 12 January 2024, 04:03:10 »
I finally got a refund yesterday and a gift card code to make up for the wait.  I mean the gift card code doesn't actually work, but at this point was just happy my $15 wasn't lost forever.  Customer Service rep said they'd been ill for a couple months and were way behind on e-mails.  Apparently the miniature was out of stock in the warehouse so they just sent out the other thing without informing me or giving me an automatic refund for the out of stock thing?  Really bizarre all around really.

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #271 on: 12 January 2024, 06:17:54 »
Was it the service rep for the actual Catalyst game store who you got in touch with, or a rep for a different part of the chimera?

coastalsagescrub

• Recruit
« Reply #272 on: 12 January 2024, 14:46:55 »
I finally got a refund yesterday and a gift card code to make up for the wait.  I mean the gift card code doesn't actually work, but at this point was just happy my $15 wasn't lost forever.  Customer Service rep said they'd been ill for a couple months and were way behind on e-mails.  Apparently the miniature was out of stock in the warehouse so they just sent out the other thing without informing me or giving me an automatic refund for the out of stock thing?  Really bizarre all around really.

Really happy to hear you got a response! Also, if this CS rep is Chris, gosh, that sucks to hear. Makes sense that things got really backed up then, and it stinks that he didn't have a backup. I myself had an issue with a order of PDFs some weeks ago and am hoping to hear back soon.

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #273 on: 12 January 2024, 18:09:17 »
I'd be happy just to get a response.  :(   It's not a huge thing, and I freaking love this setting, but I keep balking at buying something I technically should already have.  (It's the last of the Clan Founding trilogy, which came with the clan invasion KS, I didnt download immediately and by the time I got to reading the books the temp like for the book was dead, along with a few of the other ones near the end there)

coastalsagescrub

• Recruit
« Reply #274 on: 14 January 2024, 23:42:20 »
Definitely hoping you get a response as well. Has anyone else heard from Chris or another HR rep since the New Year started?

delta_blue

• Recruit
« Reply #275 on: 15 January 2024, 20:11:28 »
Was it the service rep for the actual Catalyst game store who you got in touch with, or a rep for a different part of the chimera?

Pretty sure it was from the store itself.

Really happy to hear you got a response! Also, if this CS rep is Chris, gosh, that sucks to hear. Makes sense that things got really backed up then, and it stinks that he didn't have a backup. I myself had an issue with a order of PDFs some weeks ago and am hoping to hear back soon.

Yeah, he signed it as Chris.  A shame the gift card code they gave me isn't working, but I figure he's backlogged enough as it is.  I'm sure we're just a small percentage of people that had issues.

krazzyharry

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #276 on: 25 January 2024, 18:39:33 »
I sent a picture of my shattered Highlanders mug my wife got me for a late Christmas present and the only thing I received back was an automatic email saying it had been received.  That was two weeks ago.

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #277 on: 26 January 2024, 14:33:36 »
I sent a picture of my shattered Highlanders mug my wife got me for a late Christmas present and the only thing I received back was an automatic email saying it had been received.  That was two weeks ago.

Same here, mine arrived before Christmas and no reply yet. The Highlanders mugs are larger than the Wolf's Dragoons and some of the other styles. The box had an indent where the handle was pushing into it.......big scar on the box where it was dropped as well. I'd hope they use more bubble wrap and a bigger box moving forward.

I get that staffing is an issue, but it's frustrating not hearing anything back at all for over a month (and I know other have waited even longer).

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #278 on: 04 February 2024, 10:46:58 »
I never got 10th printing of Total Warfare pushed out to me. Order SHP-96302
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

coastalsagescrub

• Recruit
« Reply #279 on: 06 February 2024, 11:31:51 »
I haven't received a response over email or Facebook yet, but it seems like some of the people whose issues cropped up in October and November are getting some responses? Is there anyone who emailed for a December order issue who has gotten a response yet?

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #280 on: 09 February 2024, 22:02:42 »
I never got 10th printing of Total Warfare pushed out to me. Order SHP-96302

Same for me. Order SHP-96253.

Cylence

• Private
« Reply #281 on: 13 February 2024, 22:23:20 »
So from Rem's weekly show, Catalyst just hired another customer support person, and apparently only recently realized they're so far behind (1800 messages).  Several larger issues, but only went into detail on the shop overselling product as an example. 
Hopefully things will move forward slightly faster for everyone waiting.  I'm not sure how these types of problems don't get picked up sooner (Catalyst, monitor your forums!), but I personally thing you'd want your customer service team to be at least as large as your marketing/social media team?

Maybe the discord server will help draw attention to problems in the future, but I can't stand discord so someone else will have to keep an eye on how successful that is for catching issues early.

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #282 on: 19 March 2024, 07:44:38 »
I hope they can get through the backlog soon. Still waiting to hear anything on my broken mug from December  :undecided:

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #283 on: 19 March 2024, 08:02:42 »
Yeah, I'm still waiting on resolution of my issue.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #284 on: 22 March 2024, 22:59:02 »
I ended up getting my issue resolved offline at Adepticon 2024.  It was a fair assessment given that I'd bought my misprinted product at the same con the year before.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #285 on: 19 April 2024, 15:07:58 »
Physical item purchase from CGL store on 21 January not fulfilled.

Emailed customer service 3 March. Received auto-response, "We received your email request and it's gone into our automated system. We will respond as quickly as possible (though, admittedly, as we try to get caught up there will be a delay, for which we apologize sincerely). Thank you for understanding the delay."

No further contact.

Emailed customer service regarding new issue with digital product on 28 March. No response whatsoever.

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #286 on: 21 April 2024, 09:51:51 »
Physical item purchase from CGL store on 21 January not fulfilled.

Emailed customer service 3 March. Received auto-response, "We received your email request and it's gone into our automated system. We will respond as quickly as possible (though, admittedly, as we try to get caught up there will be a delay, for which we apologize sincerely). Thank you for understanding the delay."

No further contact.

Emailed customer service regarding new issue with digital product on 28 March. No response whatsoever.

I'm in the same boat on timeline. Received a broken mug in December. Only received the single automated reply, no replies to any of my follow-up emails (2).

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #287 on: 21 April 2024, 14:00:07 »
I, too, have not heard back about my problem back in December. I had even included the full fix in that email. At this point I've given up as I am beyond frustrated. Catalyst, you got a troubleshooter for your social media presence. You desperately need one for your webstore.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP