Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MechWarrior Hall / Re: Word Association 36: SAY WHAT AGAIN!!!
« Last post by Akamia on Today at 10:03:26 »
Peace
I can't believe I'm saying this, Gaiiten, but I 100% agree with you here, in the same order too.

Chapeau  :smiley:
The BMM exists because TW is an awkward jumble of overly dense information. AeroTech 2 is one of the last things FASA published before closing its doors. Not knowing your definition of a casual player, I can't comment on what a casual player desires from the game.

And, yeah, I grumble a lot, mainly about how later custodians of the IP made infantry complex for complexity's sake.

Based on conversations I've had with Battletech players outside this forum, that no similar product to the BMM exists for non-mechs, and how little non-mechs even crops up in official published scenarios?

I would say this is absolutely a case of both criticisms being true at the same time.

That's something we forum goers need to be mindful of, we're not casual fans.

We're more invested than a casual fan.  As such we represent a tiny minority of what the overall player base actually wants/does with the game.
Ground Combat / Re: Best dropship for airborne deployment
« Last post by Paul on Today at 09:19:11 »
Which dropship is the best for an airborne drop into a hot landing zone for a battalion size element of battlemechs.

As many have said, a single DropShip is likely a bad choice, unless you have aerospace superiority. Or if you can keep it out of ground fire range (plausible even in a hot drop zone situation, but risky to put it mildly)

But if you had to use a single dropper, I think consideration should be given to the Lee. It's not able to drop as many 'Mechs per turn as an Overlord, but it's more survivable, and you can bring other stuff once you do get to set down.

Also which type do you drop first? I say drop the assault/ heavy battlemechs first to establish a beachhead, then follow with light and medium battlemechs to press attacks.

Yes, that's definitely the sequence. Once those are down, the enemy likely still has incentive to keep shooting the Dropper if they can, but they'll at least have to start splitting their attention some. Which is another reason to drop the slow ones: they'll be easy enough to hit to push that decision. If you first drop a bunch of Mechs that can easily make a 4+ to hit +cover/LOS blocking, they'll keep focusing any available attention on the DropShip. Which is bad.

Novel and Sourcebook Reviews / Re: Without Question
« Last post by Swankmotron on Today at 09:10:48 »
Question though, Why any explosion near his cockpit anyway, could not a fancy pyro technics show be set up, as while he was out of action poor civvies suffered

With a plot hole around Baxter. In the end of NSFV he was going round to nearby planets, as written in WQ, but in the former, he was also broadcasting news about Stephanie and her new Blackwatch, but not in WQ. Is this a cannon correction ? As I am aware that BLP wrote NSFV

So planets we can add to our Space?Morges, Antares, "Jangso city" /A Place?

Answers!

Why the Explosion? Hasara says he screwed that up and made the explosive more powerful than they were supposed to. Jiyi wasn't supposed to be out of commission, but it was to let people see her treachery so he could deal with her publicly in a different way. It didn't work out.

As for Baxter's signals, I thought narratively adhering to that wouldn't work and since he's off camera after he leaves, it's not something that anyone needs to worry about on Jerangle. Also, fact check didn't flag it. So, there we go.

And yes, those are part of the Jade Falcon Free Zone now.
Challenges and Gatherings / Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Last post by shadhawk on Today at 08:44:50 »
Just to be clear, we don't have a game today?

next weekend
Off Topic / Re: So.....GASLANDS!
« Last post by NeonKnight on Today at 08:40:59 »
There is always a massive pileup at the starting line, ALWAYS. This is a feature, not a bug, as it helps get players into the correct mindset for the game.

OH

MY

GHAWD!

Had my first 3 player game last night, and we hadn't even made it to the first gate yet when we each had lost a vehicle to wrecks. I was using team Highway Patrol, and with the Audience votes, I was 8 votes by the time smoke cleared because as luck would have it...it was my Chosen BOGEY that got wrecked twice.

Awesome fun
Off Topic / Re: What did you just eat?
« Last post by elf25s on Today at 08:20:10 »
state side at least on east coast avarage rice is depending where you are for all you can eat is 21 usd to 40 usd
btw there was a buffet by me one town over that actually had escargo and frog legs...dont like going to some because none can make grits if they have them...or rice which usually tastes like card board shavings
tbh if i go out to those its maybe 1 to 3 times a year they just dont taste good no matter where you go...meat is usually overcooked to hide the fact its not fresh and will not touch clam or sea food period
Off Topic / Re: What are we Reading Now: Conan the Librarian
« Last post by elf25s on Today at 08:12:59 »
Glad you liked it. I'm okay with you telling the title, though you might run afoul with the mods because it might be soliciting lol.
exactly....and i dont want to get you in trouble either....still want to share  good fun to read story
still have to say toy put a lot into the world building some try to make it over complicated and loose the plot asimov avoided it by just giving bare bones like in foundation and it worked to make it timeless no matter when you read it...wingrove just made it as it went along in series of chung kuo you sort of got it just right in the middle.
That isn't an extra gun. That is the PPC for the PHX Specials, they made it separate, because the gun sticks up out of the plastic holder, so it wouldn't fit in the box if the gun wasn't made a separate piece. At least that is the only reason I could think of for it being a separate piece.

doh! thanks for clearing that up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10