Author Topic: Any updates for the Wasp?  (Read 51701 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Any updates for the Wasp?
« Reply #120 on: 12 May 2017, 06:25:13 »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #121 on: 12 May 2017, 15:55:35 »
The Sarath isn't there.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #122 on: 12 May 2017, 22:20:08 »
I believe it was delayed.

The Sarath isn't there.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #123 on: 13 May 2017, 14:28:33 »
I believe it was delayed.

Copy and paste mistake, it was delayed until second quarter.

Also updated Release Schedule that has the 3rd Quarter added and removed the Valkyrie which is delayed right now.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #124 on: 13 May 2017, 20:04:11 »
No classic for 3Q??  :'( [AAAH] [tickedoff] [metalhealth]

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #125 on: 13 May 2017, 22:45:57 »
All these hold ups with Classics are very problematic.  I want my Warhammer and Marauder darn it.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #126 on: 14 May 2017, 11:56:10 »
I'm more partial to the Marauder, Griffin, and Locust.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #127 on: 17 May 2017, 05:18:12 »
The new Wasp just disappeared from the IWM website.  Why?

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #128 on: 21 May 2017, 23:33:15 »
Yeah Wasp is gone.  I'm hoping its not another legal issue...  :-[

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #129 on: 21 May 2017, 23:40:47 »
I got the four I ordered a couple days ago. I wonder what the problem is.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #130 on: 21 May 2017, 23:45:37 »
Yeah Wasp is gone.  I'm hoping its not another legal issue...  :-[

I don't see how it could be, given how little it looks like the Unseen.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #131 on: 22 May 2017, 05:38:13 »
MUL doesn't show images of the new Classic Wasp, just the blacked out reseen for anything Succession Wars or older except for the Primitive.

Dare we ask on the Ask Writers if there problem?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: 22 May 2017, 08:01:02 »
Wasp is gone and Valkyrie pushed back. Hope they're unrelated.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #133 on: 22 May 2017, 08:04:02 »
I emailed Ironwinds but i'm not sure if they'll reply.
I hope there no gag order on this, i despite when they do that.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #134 on: 22 May 2017, 09:00:56 »
MUL doesn't show images of the new Classic Wasp, just the blacked out reseen for anything Succession Wars or older except for the Primitive.

Dare we ask on the Ask Writers if there problem?

The MUL has not been asked to pull/hold the Wasp artwork.  If it's not up, it's because (AFAIK) we just haven't gotten to it.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #135 on: 22 May 2017, 13:00:49 »
Argh....

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #136 on: 29 May 2017, 19:36:47 »
Sorry for not posting sooner about this, but was waiting to hear back from Mike, then forums stopped working, and then we are at the weekend and it was my wife birthday.

Below is all that I am able to say for now, when I have more information to post about it I will do so.
“For reasons we can't disclose these two designs (Wasp & Valkyrie) have been withdrawn from active status until further notice”

Posting this here since I also put in the Valkyrie thread.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #137 on: 29 May 2017, 19:43:15 »
heh, maybe I should hold off on assembling my Wasps in case they become super rare collectibles...  :D
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #138 on: 30 May 2017, 07:19:38 »
Sorry for not posting sooner about this, but was waiting to hear back from Mike, then forums stopped working, and then we are at the weekend and it was my wife birthday.

Below is all that I am able to say for now, when I have more information to post about it I will do so.
Posting this here since I also put in the Valkyrie thread.
*Sigh* I hope it's mold issue and not legal issue.  Being withdrawn sounds like later to me. Enough negativity about this. Sorry guys.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #139 on: 30 May 2017, 07:27:36 »
IF it's a legal issue (which I hope it isn't) and involves HG, then ****** HG with a saguaro cactus. If it's an issue with the folks at MWOnline, the WTF?!

The phrasing in the quoted release does not sound good though. It's the type of phrasing that is indicative of legal matters.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

SpudBot

• Corporal
« Reply #140 on: 30 May 2017, 08:26:55 »
We'll just have to wait and see.  It seems like a 'giant robot' called Valkyrie is always going to risk IP/legal issues.  Otoh, NASA got away with it!

« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 08:28:30 by SpudBot »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #141 on: 30 May 2017, 09:37:43 »
It bothered me that the Classics were bit too close to the original resemblance to past the muster. It has to be more radically changed.  Let's hope the Warhammer isn't going through same thing, i hope thought it was enough changed.  Bug mechs maybe needing to be change more, i wish CGL would have been able to share the MWO designs so there wasn't issue.  It does explain why the Primitive Wasp silhouette was used for Stackpole's 2nd Novellea cover now. There must have been something brewing for a while.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #142 on: 30 May 2017, 10:00:12 »
We'll just have to wait and see.

Be patient people. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #143 on: 30 May 2017, 11:17:02 »
The legal problems of the unseens couldn't be unknown at the time the classic artwork was done. That said i expect from any professional business to check on the matter before any risky release. IIRC with the release of the classics artwork something like that was said. Everything is fine with the new artwork.
As CGL put some money into that project i can't believe that this critical check wasn't done correct. Furthermore all the print products with this classic artwork is still available. If there is a legal issue, the print media would be impacted too.

But if it is no legal issue, then it must something really big on the distribution list of CGL to hold back those two classics ... and by the way many other cool classics where we have seen prototypes before ...

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #144 on: 30 May 2017, 12:25:46 »
The legal problems of the unseens couldn't be unknown at the time the classic artwork was done. That said i expect from any professional business to check on the matter before any risky release. IIRC with the release of the classics artwork something like that was said. Everything is fine with the new artwork.
As CGL put some money into that project i can't believe that this critical check wasn't done correct. Furthermore all the print products with this classic artwork is still available. If there is a legal issue, the print media would be impacted too.

But if it is no legal issue, then it must something really big on the distribution list of CGL to hold back those two classics ... and by the way many other cool classics where we have seen prototypes before ...

As i mentioned in the other thread, in amplification of your point it beggars the imagination that, given how overprotective HG is over... That R-Show... even unto suing a company who had a license from the original Japanese creator to sell transformable toys based on Macross here in the US... that they wouldn't have bought or had their lawyers request copies of 1SW, CM:M and CM:K and gone over them with a fine-toothed comb (Hell, they could have even gone on the web to see pics of Tasha K's Warhammer) and sent a C&D before the first printing's ink had dried.

That being said, I can't see any other scenario that would cause this particular sequence of events -- if it was something on CGL's side (for instance finally being able to announce the Classics in plastic), I can't imagine them ever allowing IWM to go through the expense of making the mold for the Wasp and then telling them "oops, sorry, we want to keep the Wasp for ourselves, after all."

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #145 on: 30 May 2017, 16:41:56 »
Some transparency from CGL would be a welcome change...

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #146 on: 30 May 2017, 17:20:10 »
And if they literally have a legal obligation to not say anything at all?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: 30 May 2017, 22:55:57 »
Some transparency from CGL would be a welcome change...

It is entirely possible that CGL has no idea what is going on either. They are a separate company from IWM, and unless I misunderstand things, IWMs license comes from Topps, not CGL. Also, as these minis are licensed designs, if any flying lawyer-monkeys did take issue with them, it's very likely the license holder might be involved as well. Regardless, Speck gave us what he could, and if he could say more to cut off all this speculation I'm sure he would.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #148 on: 30 May 2017, 23:28:56 »
Well, here's a rather twisted yet funny theory.

Worst possible outcome is that someone goofed badly and the art for the Wasp and Valkyrie was actually meant for MWO and PGI received the art meant for BT. Oops.

Would explain the silence... Probably from sheer embarrassment.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #149 on: 31 May 2017, 08:59:51 »
heh, maybe I should hold off on assembling my Wasps in case they become super rare collectibles...  :D

There's already one being auctioned off on eBay as "recently discontinued".  [metalhealth]