Author Topic: Great Service from IWM  (Read 2205 times)

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
Great Service from IWM
« on: 27 October 2011, 22:34:00 »
Just placed a large order from IWM and wanted to commend them on their excellent service.  After putting the order through, I realized that A) I'd ordered a part for WoB mech and it was the wrong part and B) wanted to add to the order.  After adding to the order, I realized one of the 4 things I wanted to add was a mistake (just recently moved and though I'd lost some pieces then magically discovered them after firing off the email) so I fired another email off correcting that.

IWM, like it has in the past, got everything correct I'd changed around and I received my pieces today.  Unfortunately there was a mistake with the order (unbelievably not because of my changes) and I let IWM know and they immediately responded to fix it.  I thoroughly enjoy dealing with Mike and his team.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: Great Service from IWM
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2011, 00:16:38 »
 O0

As I've said before, as far as I'm concerned, Mike and Melissa Walk on Water!   [notworthy]

Their Customer Service is truly Commendable!  You can tell they care a lot about what they do, AND care about their customers.  [cheers]
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Whitar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2011, 12:54:47 »
Just wanted to ask.
As for lightly damaged and misscast minis, do they get packed and thrown to ebay sellers? Cause this is really and issue that happened quite a lot times with me, sometimes the mold is off hardly, broken thin pieces, bent and cracked small detail on weapons, arms, cockpits, uncarefully cut sprew destroying some bits on the mini, etc.. I had 2 Daishi's with miscast heads, ordered in different time, but the one I got from IWM directly was without any mark. Almost every mini ( NIB fom IWM) I got from Ebay I fixed with epoxy, had to file out the mold lines really thorough.   

Thou the friend of mine who orders from IWM has always very crisp and clean models. By almost the same prize. 1-2$ difference.

Any opinions? 
« Last Edit: 28 October 2011, 13:03:16 by Whitar »

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2011, 13:27:19 »
Not sure where those ebay minis are coming from, I prefer ordering from IWM because I know if I have any problem IWM will fix it.  You might save a $1 or 2 a mini, so that after buying say 8 minis you get a "free" one, but one broken mini and you can have problems.  I know that by ordering through IWM I've come out ahead.

Whitar

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2011, 13:41:47 »
Thanks, I'll take that to consideration  ;) Gonna collect a big order and buy directly

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2011, 23:48:13 »
Iron Wind Metals has always been very prompt about getting me replacements for missing, damaged, or mispackaged parts regardless of whether I bought a mini directly from them or from another store.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register