Author Topic: Miniatures of the Fortnight #96: Blackjack and Blackjack OmniMech  (Read 2077 times)

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
This fortnight, we look at an old friend from Technical Readoout: 3025.  A favorite of House Davion following an in-universe event in 3022, the Blackjack has been with us for a while, with little fanfare.  It has gained some prominence with its initial importance in the HBS computer game so it's not as overlooked as it once was.  For information about using it in game, please see its 'Mech of the Week article.

For what I presume to be out-of-game reasons (because the in-game reasons don't make a lot of sense), the Blackjack became the foundation for one of the first Inner Sphere OmniMechs.  It too has a 'Mech of the Week article.

The Blackjack only has a few sculpts:
  • The original metal sculpt (20-880).
  • The PlasTech sculpt
  • The plastic mini released by CGL (based on the original metal sculpt) in the Assault Lance Pack
The Blackjack OmniMech only has a single sculpt (20-905).

If you have any of these painted, please share pictures.  We'd love to see them!

It's time to set the schedule for the next quarter.  Is there a mini you'd like to see featured?  If so, please leave a comment in the discussion and scheduling thread.

As always, thank you for reading.

Our next two fortnights will be:
  • Clan (6/22): Cephalus, Septicemia, and Osteon
  • Special (7/6): ProtoMechs

Luciora

• Major
I'm getting mine out of storage but don't forget Tex Talks Battletech: The Blackjack - GMs Okayest product.

https://youtu.be/TRe0UhgLKiE

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
Only the standard Blackjack is ready, the OmniMech Blackjack is one of the few minis i still have to paint.
This old sculpt Blackjack is painted as part of house Canopus Magistracy's Cavaliers.

dread12

• Sergeant

Luciora

• Major
My various Blackjacks.  Still think the mini was supposed to represent the BJ-1X flamer version than the stock BJ-1 though.

Leslie Flynn

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Kämpfen, Siegen oder Untergehen
    • KlingenCon
One More BlackJack
It isn't what they say about you, it's what they whisper.
#916 - Field Agent "Flynn"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
LOVE that stump and log!  :thumbsup:

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
I only have two...

Liao - Red Lance Regiment of the Capellan Hussars

This 'Mech was painted back in the early '90s, when I was first getting into painting. No ideal about prepping, or highlights, or shadows, or basing it when you are done. I had absolutely no technique really, but I certaining got more done. The base is supposed to be white, which also underscores why you never seal a mini with polyurethane (you can just imagine what it did to my original 23rd Arcturan Guards).

Davion - Albion Military Academy

This second one is from around April of 2010. I had been painting again for about a year and learned a lot. Some things, like my white and ground effects, are still a bit rough, but they are a long way from the one above.

Caz

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Long way indeed!  That second one is gorgeous!  :thumbsup:

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

billtfor3

• Lieutenant
  • Smashing Liao and Kurita since 3025!
I only have two...

Liao - Red Lance Regiment of the Capellan Hussars

This 'Mech was painted back in the early '90s, when I was first getting into painting. No ideal about prepping, or highlights, or shadows, or basing it when you are done. I had absolutely no technique really, but I certaining got more done. The base is supposed to be white, which also underscores why you never seal a mini with polyurethane (you can just imagine what it did to my original 23rd Arcturan Guards).

Davion - Albion Military Academy

This second one is from around April of 2010. I had been painting again for about a year and learned a lot. Some things, like my white and ground effects, are still a bit rough, but they are a long way from the one above.

Caz

Always impressed by your painting as much as by your skill at reposing my friend!
SGT Mark McKinnon, Recon Lance McKinnon's Company, 7th Crusis Lancers, Federated Suns

Register