Author Topic: Successful Narrative & Grinder Event at Warzone Houston 2021 (Sept 24, 2021)  (Read 849 times)

DCMS_Geo

• Recruit
Greetings Mech Commanders!

I wanted to share the good news that the Battletech Community is alive and well in Houston, TX!

Yesterday, the Houston Battletech Community (Houston Battletech on FB) hosted two all-day events at the Warzone Houston wargaming convention!

The first event was a narrative event re-creating the Clan Wolf/Comstar action at Tukkayid!  We used two of the new Tukkayid Supplement and map sheets, 3D terrain and a host of miniatures from Wave 1/2 of the KS, and IWM models!  The battle took 7 hours to reach a conclusion, but the ComGuards re-wrote history the defended the city!  All thanks to brutal terrain, and some very under-estimated Armor Level 2's that punished the Wolves.  AND we used the new Initative Deck (with abilities) with really provided that extra narrative feel!

The second event was a open-play free-for-all grinder event, with blind-draw mech assignments and progression to heavier weight classes only upon current mech destruction.  This event went NINE hours and was a blast, with drop-in/drop-out, and by the end had >12 pilots at the table.  A really great way to be introduced to the rules, gameplay and a great way to connect with our active community!

I was the Event Organizer for the Warzone Convention, but both events were hosted by our amazing North Gaming Group here in Houston, which plays weekly and quarterly hosts day-long 'big game' events.  We are already looking forward to next year's Warzone being bigger and better, and will start hosting more CBT events at other local conventions!

If you are interested in this or other Houston events, feel free to reach out to me!

Thanks!
Jerome

Link to Photos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yiF914mLuYbG3e9p8